What is your rope drop plan for MK?

geenerbell

Am I caught up with Robo yet?
I would love some suggestions. We haven't visited since the opening of SDMT.

I would try to have a Seen Dwarves Mine Train FP+ reserved if possible. If not I would probably wait until late at night when the parade is going on.

Assuming you have a FP+ for 7 Dwarves, I would start at Pooh and head to PP to see the new queue. Then I would head over to Frontierland and do BTMRR and Splash followed by Pirates (If open) and Jungle Cruise.

We generally have two to three MK days on our trips, so we have various RD strategies. One day we go BTMMR and ride it over and over (usually can ride half a dozen times without getting out of yor seat). Another day we go to Space Mountain and the Speedway. The last time we were there, we did SDMT first, and then Peter Pan and Haunteds Mansion on our way to BTMRR.

Assuming you have a FP+ for 7 Dwarves, I would start at Pooh and head to PP to see the new queue.

Was thinking about doing this myself but was worried the line for PP would grow too large by the time I got done with Pooh and made our way over there. What kind of standby wait does PP usually have before 10?

It depends on crowd levels. At 10:00 AM you could see 30-40 minute waits in heavier times, but you should be done with Pooh much earlier than that if you are at rope drop and head dirctly there at a moderate pace. You'll probably have a 15-20 minute wait at most if you head to PP directly after Pooh.

Normally I would do PP first but I want a little time to experince the new interactive queue. (but not too much time.)

Keep in mind we are two adults - no kids.

Our typical plan is to head for either Frontierland and Adventureland and hit Splash, BTMR, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion or Tomorrowland and hit Space Mountain, Astro Orbitor, Buzz Lightyear and a couple Fantasyland rides.

We haven't done the mad morning rush for SDMT and just got a FP to use later in the day. It depends on how important this ride is to you and how many times you want to ride it. We wanted to ride it but were okay with only riding it once/MK day so this worked for us.

In the past, I've usually split MK into two days as follows:

1st Day AM: Fantasyland (FP for SDMT)
1st Day PM: Adventureland (FP for POTC and JC)
1st Day AM: Frontierland + Liberty Square (ride BTMRR over and over as PP said)
1st Day PM: Tomorrowland (FP for Space Mtn and Buzz)

The Rope Drop line for SDMT seemed to get long pretty fast in my experience. Unless I was right in the front, I wouldn't aim for that first.

What I might try next trip is three mornings at MK - one for Fantasy, one for Fronteir and one for Tomorrow and then spend the third afternoon at Epcot WS.

But for those who could not get a 7DMT FP (off-site guests and decided on trip 3 weeks out) and only have one day at MK, would you recommend heading straight for 7DMT (and it's during spring break!) and then seeing what the wait is like for PP so they could experience the new queue (they have FP for PP later and SM and BTMMR)?

But for those who could not get a 7DMT FP (off-site guests and decided on trip 3 weeks out) and only have one day at MK, would you recommend heading straight for 7DMT (and it's during spring break!) and then seeing what the wait is like for PP so they could experience the new queue (they have FP for PP later and SM and BTMMR)?

Yes.

I agree with Lisa Loves Pooh. If you can hit 7DMT at rope drop and be at the front of the pack, shoot for that, and head to PP or other FL headliners after.

Yes, do rope drop and follow the crowd. When you get to the castle, go around it to the right side. Do not go through the castle as the line for 7DMT forms to the right.

Some days:
--Space Mountain, Buzz & Carousel of Progress
--Big Thunder Mountain multiple times, Splash
--Peter Pan, Pooh, Under Sea, Small World
--Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Pirates, Haunted Mansion
--Meet'n'Greets

Depends on our FP+.

We try to first do those things we do not have a FP+ to visit.

But I think the best advice is to go where lines will be longest later, and these will always be 7 Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Enchanted Belle, Meet'n'Greet, Space & Big Thunder, with Splash Mountain being seasonal. Of course, this changes if you are traveling with younger children.

What would you guys suggest for rope drop with toddlers after eating at CRT? We have an 8 am ADR on a non emh day.

We went a few weeks ago and spent 2 days at MK. On the first day, we had FP+ for SDMT, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Buzz Lightyear. We were there at RD, and went straight to Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, It's a Small World, and Mickey's Philharmagic, and had all 4 of those done in 90 minutes! I never expected to get it all done that fast. We then had time to leisurely get a snack, ride the train around MK, check out the circus area, and ride Barnstormer before our 12:40 lunch FP at BOG. All of our FPs were for the afternoon. We bascially did Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that first day.

Second day we had FPs for Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and BTMR. Again, we were there at RD and did POTC first thing with almost no wait. That day we did Tomorrowland and Frontierland.

If you want an alternate strategy the line can be much shorter at night. We hit the ride at about 11:30 pm one night last summer. The posted wait was 80 minutes, with an actual wait of 20 minutes the first time then 10 for our 2nd trip.

We had just visited A&E with a less than 10 minutes wait at 11:20 (posted wait was 90), so in under 45 minutes we had A&E plus 7D twice. I'd call that a pretty efficient use of time.

As PP said, yes, and stay to the right to go over the bridge. Don't go through the castle no matter what anyone tells you. My dad is a CM and on occasion gets to be one of the lucky CMs to walk the crowd to the hub. He also works nearby mine train and can attest that those going through the castle are usually sol.

From personal experience, you must hold your own in that crowd and be right up front at rd. If you do this you'll probably have no more than a 25 minute wait. Sounds terrible but it's really not that bad...the CMs prevent a mad rush. Think Soarin' and TSMM if you've ever done those at rd.

As PP said, yes, and stay to the right to go over the bridge. Don't go through the castle no matter what anyone tells you. My dad is a CM and on occasion gets to be one of the lucky CMs to walk the crowd to the hub. He also works nearby mine train and can attest that those going through the castle are usually sol.

From personal experience, you must hold your own in that crowd and be right up front at rd. If you do this you'll probably have no more than a 25 minute wait. Sounds terrible but it's really not that bad...the CMs prevent a mad rush. Think Soarin' and TSMM if you've ever done those at rd.

Yes, we've done Soarin' and TMM so we can handle the hustle bustle. Please tell me more of your dad's secrets! I love hearing from the true insiders. Thanks for your suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter