What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Cups of ice and water are free at the parks just ask. The ice is filtered and by the time it is melting it is good water!! :goodvibes
I once read that you could buy a filter bottle so you can fill it from the water fountains and you don't get that florida water taste!! (I plan to get a few for DH, DS and I!!)

We bring carabiner clips, 2 for each of us. We all carry our own backpacks and we clip a clip to each strap and clip a flip flop to each clip, so when it starts to rain, we change into the flip flops and put our sneakers & socks into the bag until the rain stops.

I bring all different color sharpies for autographs, except for the color green. For some reason that is the only color that they can not get off of the costumes.

When my kids were young & in a stroller, I would bring safety pins and a receiving blanket or towel. I would pin the blanket to the shade of the stroller. When the baby/child fell asleep, I would put the shade up and pull the blanket down over the bar/table to keep the sun out. While they were sleeping I would clip a fan to the stroller and have it blowing on them while they slept. It worked perfectly.

If you are planning on getting a henna tattoo, bring a small jar of Vasoline because you need to put the Vasoline on the tattoo while you are showering or swimming, it's not supposed to get wet. When we did it, I couldn't find any Vasoline on property to buy, so I ended up using triple antibiotic ointment cause it was gel-like.
The caribiners are an AMAZING idea!! I think I might "steal" this one!! thanks!!!

Normally when I'm at home pushing the stroller at our local theme park/county fair I take our diaper bag and hang it over the stroller handle, however we have a regular size stroller for home and lately I've read alot about having light strollers to make it easy to push/take on and off buses while at WDW...

I recently received a gift (thanks mom :lovestruc) that EVERY person pushing *any* type of stroller needs at least two of... it's called a clip n go (www.onestepahead.com) they're relatively inexpensive and they can save so much space and weight! I have seen other versions of this :surfweb: but this one is my favorite (when you buy them on one step ahead, it already comes in a pack of two!!)

Basically they're big carabiners that you hook to the handle of your diaper bag (or any other bag you dont want to carry) and then attach the clips to the handle(s) of the stroller... it lets the bag hang right where you need it and leaves room for drinks :drinking1, other bags/purses, etc on top (if you have a drink holder it won't interfere)

I also realized for those strollers that dont have a basket underneath (because of their size) this would be a good alternative to keep extra shoes/items you want with you but dont want to have to carry on your back, you might even (depending on the size) be able to hang the backpack you intend to take in (to eliminate that end of the day backache that is inevitable!) :woohoo:

Not many people think about this to pack, but it's a pretty good 3 season item. If you have 1, pack a hockey jersey. It doesn't have to a game grade sweater. Even a replica is pretty good. They are lighter and a better wind breaker than a sweatshirt and are usually fairly water resistent. Plus, with a t-shirt underneath, if the temps get too warm, it's a lot easier to carry or wrap around your waist than a jacket or sweatshirt.

Gotta say, hate the Bruins, but love the Bear!

Might I also suggest the dark jersey (as opposed to white) as it is less likely to show dirt or dust when taken on rides? A hockey jersey is also a great conversation starter with other visitors! I always try to wear at least a Sabres t-shirt or hat one day down there...

Go Sabres!

Gotta say, hate the Bruins, but love the Bear!

Might I also suggest the dark jersey (as opposed to white) as it is less likely to show dirt or dust when taken on rides? A hockey jersey is also a great conversation starter with other visitors! I always try to wear at least a Sabres t-shirt or hat one day down there...

Go Sabres!

Any chance you'll be in WDW in Dec 2012? I already got 1 battle royal scheduled with a Flyers fan. But you are right about the conversation starter. While waiting in line, we met a nice couple that were New England transplants now living in N. Carolina. Sadly they had become Canes fans.

Thank you for you appreciation of the bear. I like the Sabres mocking of Rules Bear that are up on youtube. I can't post the links here, cuz of the content. But they are "wicked" funny. But nothing can beat the "Never date in the division" Rules Bear.

But nothing can beat the "Never date in the division" Rules Bear.

This is my absolute favorite hockey related commercial of all time. A close second is the Verizon nursery commercial.

I never thought to wear a jersey to the parks, but it is really not a bad idea. I might try it out for evenings during my trip at the end of the month. Last time I was there I wore my Wings hat quite a bit and a t-shirt as well one day, I think.

Any chance you'll be in WDW in Dec 2012? I already got 1 battle royal scheduled with a Flyers fan. But you are right about the conversation starter. While waiting in line, we met a nice couple that were New England transplants now living in N. Carolina. Sadly they had become Canes fans.

Thank you for you appreciation of the bear. I like the Sabres mocking of Rules Bear that are up on youtube. I can't post the links here, cuz of the content. But they are "wicked" funny. But nothing can beat the "Never date in the division" Rules Bear.

I have Sabres season tickets, so I keep my WDW visits during hockey off-season, which ends earlier than I wish...

The commercial where the guy cuts in line at the restroom and the Bear puts his paw on his shoulder is hysterical! The looks on both their faces are priceless!

Props, where due...

I once read that you could buy a filter bottle so you can fill it from the water fountains and you don't get that florida water taste!! (I plan to get a few for DH, DS and I!!)

The filter bottles are called bobbles. I got mine at JC Penney, but have seen them at Office Depot and Best Buy. Cost about 10 bucks, but you can get about 300 bottles of water out of one filter. So, they do pay for themselves.

The filter bottles are called bobbles. I got mine at JC Penney, but have seen them at Office Depot and Best Buy. Cost about 10 bucks, but you can get about 300 bottles of water out of one filter. So, they do pay for themselves.

We LLOOOOOOVVVVEEEE our bobbles. they take the Florida water taste out completely. Brita makes one now too which is only slightly more $. One warning: They are only for WATER. Do not put drink mix in them as the mix will be "filtered" out and your filter will be ruined.

I put toothbrushes in the disposable plastic cups that come in your room for water/coffee. No toothbrush or toothpaste will touch the counter. I also use one for my makeup brushes.

Clorox wipes (travel pack) for cleaning the room, and remotes, etc.
Also can wipe toilet seats down in parks.

Travel febreeze and candle to keep room smelling fresh.

Ziplock bags for snacks to take to park.

I use hand towels in the room to put my makeup or brush on while I get ready.

Honestly can say this thread has helped me remember half of the things in my suitcase! LOL :thumbsup2

A clothes pin will keep your rooms' drapes closed completely. If you have room, a small fan that clips on. Great if you need "white noise".

There are some fantastic tips on this thread! :thumbsup2 but after taking three days to read all of these posts I did notice that some of you are forgetting that you are going on vacation. Some of you posted that you are packing toasters, water filter systems, waffle irons, bread makers and even electric griddles?? Really folks? That is just insane in my humble opinion. You are on vacation but you are basically packing your entire kitchen. Now obviously to each his own but you may want to try to take less and try to relax on your vacation. :confused::flower3:

This thread is great! It took 3 days to get thru, but I'm so glad I read it all. Thanks for all the great tips, we leave in December for my daughter's 5th birthday, and all of our's first trip to Disney!

Sweet 'N Low. LOL. I am a big iced tea drinker, but I like Sweet 'N Low better than sugar because it dissolves better. I get a baggie and carry my Sweet 'N Low with me to the parks for when we eat. DH just shakes his head at me. Hey...I know what I like. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter