What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by pooh2001, May 10, 2010.

1. Minniemiss

Minniemiss DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nnjamison

nnjamison Earning My Ears

GAH! Amazing ideas!!! Going to def have to use some when I start packing!!

4. imLissy

imLissy Mouseketeer

breakfast. I like to start the morning off with something healthy, so tonight I'm making cinnamon apple oat muffins to bring with me. I'll freeze 'em when I get to the hotel tomorrow
    my husband's bringing instant oatmeal

5. ChristyG180

ChristyG180 Earning My Ears

I like to use Bodyglide for my blisters... I haven't had success with Moleskin... Just a suggestion!

6. BigGoofball

BigGoofball Earning My Ears

a small plastic ziplock for your cellphone, cameras etc... water rides!!! and extra contacts if you do wear them. I made the mistake of packing 1 extra pair and happen to lose the ones i packed then dropped a contact right before we were heading into hollywood studios!!! I was half blind lol

7. DanceDrawDream

DanceDrawDream Mouseketeer

So many great ideas!

One thing we always seem to have in the suitcase is a deck of cards...never know when you might get a spare second at night or want to play by the pool! Also, I recommend taking more than one pair of sunglasses...I know I tend to break mine like it's my job, haha.

8. family3indisney

family3indisney Mouseketeer

our last trip we brought with us brita water bottles with the filter, they were great, and saved us a dime in bottled water.

9. AnnaNonamus

AnnaNonamus Mouseketeer

Great thread!

As for the popsicles, mini frisbees come in a 3 pack at dollar tree, in disney themes. Use an exacto knife to cut an X in the center.
    :cheer2:

10. OutOfSpace

OutOfSpace Earning My Ears

That's a great idea! I generally also like to try and save with sites like group on.

11. AzCatmom

AzCatmom Earning My Ears

I'm a type 2 diabetic and I've found I love using the little containers that hold test strips. They shut water tight and are great for holding little things like pills, or anything else that can get lost easily. I also used them to hold quarters for pressed pennies, as the circumfrence is about the same size.

12. AnnaBeth2012

AnnaBeth2012 Earning My Ears

This is my 1st post!! Thanks for all the useful packing tips! In Nov, my DH and I will be taking our children for their 1st visit. I'm so excited! ::MinnieMo

13. omegsmom

omegsmom Mouseketeer

I'm going to try to fit my pool noodles in my suitcase... just going with the cheap ones from the dollar store then they should fold easy and I can just leave them in Disney and use the extra space for souvenirs... Never thought about trying to fit them in a suitcase... Great idea... :)

14. clr055

clr055 Reborn Mouse

Wow... 51 pages of pure genius! This thread, and the entire DIS site is by far the best place in the world and is the perfect fix for my disney addiction until I can return!! I bring my own soap as well but I save the ones left in the room and give them out to the people at home when we get back. They are so cute.. round with mickey's face on them.. and FREE!!

Personally, I think if offense is taken to someones comments that they should receive a PM instead of a public blast. We are all adults here and if someone is not aware of certain rules, a kind PM can enlighten them without humiliation and they can go back and edit their post accordingly. Very un-disney like some of the stuff going on in here. Spread the love!!

15. Lees3rwe

Lees3rwe DIS Veteran

I love the smell of that Mickey soap!

16. cheermom1

cheermom1 <font color=teal>He NEVER EVER takes them out in p

I totally agree with you all the way!

I really love all the tips I have found here and I will be using a lot of them. Thanks :goodvibes

17. disneydeal

disneydeal Smart Shopper,Single dad raising my daughter on my

we just sleep with the bathroom light on but door mostly closed so not much light gets out... that's our night light.

18. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

disneydeal = we do the same where ever we stay - the least amount of bathroom light in case someone needs to get up in the middle of the night.

Sometimes it is the ceiling light - other times the light above the mirror.
    Then keep the bathroom door ajar...so a little light goes into the room.

I do not mean to waste electicity, but we need that bit of light at night.

19. missx0xdelaney

missx0xdelaney Mouseketeer

I LOVE this thread! I just booked my first WDW vacation since 2004 (and first vacay in general since '05!) :woohoo: and I'm unbelievably excited. This will be my first trip as an "adult" without the family and I have to say, I have no idea how we did Disney when I was a kid without all of these tips! I'm getting quite pleased that we are driving instead of flying so I can fit all of these extras in the car! Thanks so much to everyone who posted! :thumbsup2

20. KingK12

KingK12 <font color=red>No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get s

I always for to bring lids for my cups for alcohol poolside!!!

21. Crazy Mother of Two

Crazy Mother of Two Clever yet underrated

I bring a baby's diaper cloth in the parks. Can't tell you how many times I used it to dry seats on a ride!
    This time I'm bringing 2!