• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Not sure if this has been said yet but i always bring hand towels from the resort because i sweat no matter what im doing.

When we go we fly, and stay 3 weeks, so I tend to pack everything but the kitchen sink. This last time I had everything we needed, except I wish I had pcked a small hand mirror so I could see what my hair looked like at the back.

Lots of fabulous ideas on here. Thanks so much for everyone's input. Started making my list for our October trip. Can't Wait!!:cheer2:

One of those thick, black sharpies for the character autographs. Most regular-sized pens are just too small for the fur characters to hold properly.

Sharpie now makes retractable pens -- in LOTS of colors -- great for autographs and you don't have to worry about losing the caps!

We just got back for a 23 day stay at Pop, and I packed a lot of stuff. It turns out I needed the spare pare of glasses, the small combination lock in case my suitcse wouldn't lock,the zip strips, safety pins,and duct tape. One thing I didn't pack which I wish I had, was a small hand mirror, so I could see the back of my hair.

I always bring a headlamp....very handy for reading in bed and early morning packing on the last day so I can do those things without disturbing everyone else in the room!

I also pack ziploc bags!!

Also, one of the best tips I've ever received on these boards is regarding water. Either bring or have a case of bottled water shipped to your room. Bring frozen bottle of water with you to the parks. Right about the time they are thawing, you will need a drink and won't have to pay park prices for a bottled water. :cool1: I love it that Disney lets you bring in food and drinks.

Cups of ice and water are free at the parks just ask. The ice is filtered and by the time it is melting it is good water!! :goodvibes

I always bring a headlamp....very handy for reading in bed and early morning packing on the last day so I can do those things without disturbing everyone else in the room!

I haven't heard that one before. Good idea!:thumbsup2

I read a post where someone said they tied battery powered string lights to their stroller to find it quickly at night. We use glow sticks! The string light idea is great too! Also, a brightly colored bandana or scarf tied to your stroller handle is handy in the daytime when your searching in the sea of hundreds of "relocated" strollers ;)

May I suggest one of theses bike lights you know the ones that flash red led lights, you can attach it to your kids shirt it will help track them at night and is very different from the thousands of kids that have lighting toys that are sold everywhere at night at Disney.

May I suggest one of theses bike lights you know the ones that flash red led lights, you can attach it to your kids shirt it will help track them at night and is very different from the thousands of kids that have lighting toys that are sold everywhere at night at Disney.

Pleeeeeaaaseeeee, consider using something other than a flashing light.

Flashing lights can trigger epilepsy and migraines. ( Yes, I know that Disney sells flashing toys.) I have a friend who avoids Fantasmic just because of the toys creating migraine issues for her. It would be sad if the flashing light idea caught on in the park. If there is another way, why chance ruining someone elses day, right? :grouphug:

Love the lid idea for popsicles and Mickey treats. That is great. I have two kids and they always make messes with those things. Of course so do I!!

I read a post where someone said they tied battery powered string lights to their stroller to find it quickly at night. We use glow sticks! The string light idea is great too! Also, a brightly colored bandana or scarf tied to your stroller handle is handy in the daytime when your searching in the sea of hundreds of "relocated" strollers ;)

We use a battery powered set of led (Christmas type) lights for our stroller. I paid $7 on ebay, they stay on or blink. If you choose to do the same make sure you bring a ziploc bag for the battery pack and zip ties for thelight strand. A loose strand breaks really easily so you need to keep it tied up.:)

I know people mentioned ziploc bags, but most specifically, we bring the 2gallon size ones.
Every outfit is packed in one and then we use them to water proof our bags, to pack inside the backpack in case of rain, to pack extra set of flip flops & parkas for wet rides and then pack our keepsakes (maps, etc) for each day so scrapbooking is easier when we get home.

I am hoping that they will Shannonstar, because those drinks are on my list!!!

Here's to a kids free ,mommy trip!!! we leave on Wednesday!!

WOW! Just read this thread in one sitting, wanted to say THANK YOU! Such amazing info. Planning our 1st trip and it's been so helpful!

:worship:

Not many people think about this to pack, but it's a pretty good 3 season item. If you have 1, pack a hockey jersey. It doesn't have to a game grade sweater. Even a replica is pretty good. They are lighter and a better wind breaker than a sweatshirt and are usually fairly water resistent. Plus, with a t-shirt underneath, if the temps get too warm, it's a lot easier to carry or wrap around your waist than a jacket or sweatshirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter