• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Here's a weird one.... I am a coffee addict. If I don't have it first thing in the morning and at about 4:00 in the afternoon, I will get a terrible headache.

However, I don't like the side effect of needing to use the potty frequently at a place like WDW.

Instead, I take an Excedrine. It has just enough caffeine to keep the headache at bay.

On our "off park" days, I fully enjoy a good cup of coffee at our resort. (Coffee I brought myself, of course!)

My XL coffee cup, a 1lb. bag of Starbucks coffee, splenda and half & half. I love relaxing on the balcony with my cup of coffee early in the morning as my family is getting ready.

Martin

This is my favorite one so far! :coffee:

wow - my mind is a blur with all the information.

Being from the UK we always bring:

proper English Tea, and carry a few tea bags for when I need a cup and only weak tea is available (yuk!)

our normal washing powder - I really don't want to find I am sensitive to whatever is available.

a whirly hanging thing to go over the bath for wet bathing costumes etc (from our pound stores - equivalent of the dollar store)

my planner - with all the prebooked info and times of tours / day tickets for things etc - all organised so I can just pick out a day at a time.

mosquito repellent for my legs - no matter how many of us are in our party it is always me and only me who gets bitten :(

Love the idea of stickers to cover up spills - can I get away with this with just adults in the party? :)

Shezzy

I get a lot of mockery for always having shout wipes in my theme park backpack, but how QUICKLY the tune changes when one has a ketchup incident!

Do these work better than the Tide Sticks? I've found the Tide Sticks bleach or yellow the stain thus making it worse!

proper English Tea, and carry a few tea bags for when I need a cup and only weak tea is available (yuk!)

Not from the UK but I do bring a few bags of Twinings or PG Tips with me on most vacations! I don't like coffee much.

I also soak cut up spnges in dish soap and let them dry so we can wash out our mugs at night.

So smart! We actually reuse hotel shampoo bottles for dish soap when we go camping so that'd be a good alternative to this.

Our luggage set came with packing cubes but I've been thinking about buying more. I may do that before the next trip!

Also I take the Sally Hansen "no more bumps" spray for chafing. It smells like vanilla and works really well! It also "locks" so you don't accidentally spray it in your bag.

This was sort of mentioned but The Container Store sells little suction toothbrush holders and we love them! Not a big fan of toothbrush cups that get all gross in the bottom and then eventually get stained and gotta be tossed.

I don't know why so many people suggest moleskin but it's never worked for us. We bring bandaid sport stick bandaids and they work much better!

- Collapsible water bottles. We carried regular ones with us last trip, but I really like the idea of the collapsible ones. Check out www.vapur.us. You can fill these, stick them in the freezer, and then when they're empty, roll them up to save space (and the environment, while you're at it!). I just ordered them so I'm not sure yet, but I have a feeling they won't sweat much, either.

I've actually seen those water bottles @ Meijer (I don't think it was the same brand) on clearance. I almost bought them but decided against it because I didn't have a need for them at the time. I may have to get some (I think I've seen them in the camping isle also) for our next trip! I think those do sweat but on the Vapur website they sell a little "sweater" for it! :rotfl:

Here's a weird one.... I am a coffee addict. If I don't have it first thing in the morning and at about 4:00 in the afternoon, I will get a terrible headache.

However, I don't like the side effect of needing to use the potty frequently at a place like WDW.

Instead, I take an Excedrine. It has just enough caffeine to keep the headache at bay.

On our "off park" days, I fully enjoy a good cup of coffee at our resort. (Coffee I brought myself, of course!)

My DH suffers from bad headaches and only likes Excedrin. Now he is stuck taking Target's version of it since Excedrin seems to be off the market still (since the product mix up at the factory that caused the huge recall last year). I'm beginning to wonder if it is EVER coming back. :confused3

Anyway, I always bring a small spray bottle and fill it with tap water and use it to spritz my clothes and then shake out the wrinkles. It's (obviously) cheaper than Wrinkle Release and since there is no fragrance I don't have to worry about attracting bugs. Not that Wrinkle Release doesn't smell nice!

Oh, and a shower cap for Splash Mountain and Khali River Rapids is good if you don't want your hair to get wet!

Do these work better than the Tide Sticks? I've found the Tide Sticks bleach or yellow the stain thus making it worse!

Not from the UK but I do bring a few bags of Twinings or PG Tips with me on most vacations! I don't like coffee much.

I am bringing a small bottle of Dawn dish soap for washing out the mugs and for stains. At home, whenever something has a stain, I put (blue) Dawn on it, rub it in, let it sit for at least 24 hours, then wash. If I am not at home, I just put it on when I get home and then wash later. I've let it sit for a few days before washing and it's always fine. It does not work for stains that have already been washed and are still set in the fabric.

I looked at the link, and maybe I missed it, but how many of these come in a package?

Just one unfortunately. They're pricey (which is why I only buy them on special occasions) but really great, you may be able to find a store near you (they have locations in other countries as well)

Read this tip years ago and have shared it whenever possible...

We always take inflatable bath pillows that I picked up at Dollar Tree (I think they are shaped like a sea shell). They're terry cloth on one side and vinyl on the other; not very big when you blow them up, but they are a real rear-saver when you're sitting on the pavement waiting on a parade. After the parade, let the air out and they're totally flat so they take up no space in your bag. I guess you could use them other ways, but that's what we take them for. People around us always comment on them! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to say that we had a few of these (from a dollar store, same kind I think) and they are SO HARD to blow up! It took me, literally 45 minutes to blow one up! Just a warning!

Just one unfortunately. They're pricey (which is why I only buy them on special occasions) but really great, you may be able to find a store near you (they have locations in other countries as well)

That's what I figured. I need to get some lotion to rub on my feet after a long day. I think I would prefer soaking them though. I am sure there is something less expensive around. I'll check B&BW.

For all the pressed penny collectors out there, I saw someone mentioned using Mentos containers to store your quarters.

We buy Mini M&M containers and then stack our quarters and pennies in them. Most pressed pennies cost 2 quarters and 1 penny so we stack the coins in our containers this way... 2 quarters and 1 penny, then 2 more quarters and 1 penny, etc...

It saves some time fumbling around in your purse for the change to press your penny!

The mentos container is for the pennies after they are squished. I stack my pennies and quarters in the tubes that airborne or glucose tablets come in.

i bought extra cell phone batteries online. using park apps for info is awesome but can drain your battery. you add in fiddeling with your phone while in line and it's dead by 2. it's not a concern if you can just pop in a fully charged one. you just have remember to charge both when you get back to your room.

and i have to add that the phone number tattoos for kids is not always perfect. i was with someone who put these on thier kids.. but kids are kids and they picked at the tattoos apart and sure enough, one of the kids got lost. we looked for 20 minutes till a nice man brought him back because he had found the kiddo crying by jungle cruise when we lost him coming out of pirates (in DL). you couldn't even read the number. now they have braclets or dog tags on thier shoes.
personally, i preffered to take a pic of my kid with my phone, my husbands phone, AND the camera the moment we walk into the park. that way, when i'm a mess and freaked out that my kid is missing i will be able to show people excatly what she was wearing and looked like.

We pack a flat head and Phillips screw driver. When we took out 1st trip we could not open a toy truck for youngest ds . We ended up calling front desk and had to wait for mat dept. . So now I have them every trip and we have needed them again.

My DH found some smaller size flat head and phillip screw driver at Sear's he has on his key ring. They have come in handy many times!

So smart! We actually reuse hotel shampoo bottles for dish soap when we go camping so that'd be a good alternative to this.

Our luggage set came with packing cubes but I've been thinking about buying more. I may do that before the next trip!

Also I take the Sally Hansen "no more bumps" spray for chafing. It smells like vanilla and works really well! It also "locks" so you don't accidentally spray it in your bag.

This was sort of mentioned but The Container Store sells little suction toothbrush holders and we love them! Not a big fan of toothbrush cups that get all gross in the bottom and then eventually get stained and gotta be tossed.

I don't know why so many people suggest moleskin but it's never worked for us. We bring bandaid sport stick bandaids and they work much better!

Oh my gosh! Love that photo of your dogs!!

personally, i preffered to take a pic of my kid with my phone, my husbands phone, AND the camera the moment we walk into the park. that way, when i'm a mess and freaked out that my kid is missing i will be able to show people excatly what she was wearing and looked like.

:thumbsup2

That is a fantastic idea! I'm going to start doing this when I take my grandson places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter