What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

At the dollar store they have blow up bath pillows in various shapes, they are folded in a vary small package, i use these for the family to sit on while waiting for parades, i throw them in a ziplock bag with panchos, and a table cloth (stroller Pancho) and a small blanket and throw it in the bottom of our stroller. The bath pillows are good when my daughter falls asleep :hippie::dance3:too

I always pack a pair of fleece socks to wear in the room at night (to sooth my feet after walking all day).

Okay, I read through 61 pages and I don't think I saw this tip -

The first time we took our girls to Disney, the our DD was 4 years old and was very attached to 'Dreyfus', her lovey (a well-worn stuffed sheepdog). I was very concerned about him getting left behind in the parks, so I went to a pet store and bought a dog collar and one of those dog tags you can have engraved - ours said "I am loved! If found, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Thankfully, we never lost Dreyfus, but it gave me peace of mind that if we did, he might get back to us.

I see lots of suggestions to use body glide, but I use a much cheaper alternative. I am new to running and chafe terribly under my bra. I use stick deoderant instaed of the glide. So much cheaper and does the trick. I also use it when it's just hot and I am sweating way too much.

For all the pressed penny collectors out there, I saw someone mentioned using Mentos containers to store your quarters.

We buy Mini M&M containers and then stack our quarters and pennies in them. Most pressed pennies cost 2 quarters and 1 penny so we stack the coins in our containers this way... 2 quarters and 1 penny, then 2 more quarters and 1 penny, etc...

It saves some time fumbling around in your purse for the change to press your penny!

I'm sure someone has mentioned this, but I always pack scissors in the bag that's getting checked. They have come in handy on multiple occasions.

We pack a flat head and Phillips screw driver. When we took out 1st trip we could not open a toy truck for youngest ds . We ended up calling front desk and had to wait for mat dept. . So now I have them every trip and we have needed them again.

I have some upright fold-up cubes in a variety of sizes and pack one for each person. I keep them by the door and everyone puts their daily park belongings in it: sunglasses, hat, fanny pack, wallet, etc. Keeps things organized in the room and handy for grabbing on the way out the door.

I have some upright fold-up cubes in a variety of sizes and pack one for each person. I keep them by the door and everyone puts their daily park belongings in it: sunglasses, hat, fanny pack, wallet, etc. Keeps things organized in the room and handy for grabbing on the way out the door.

That is a smart idea! I may see about getting some of these. Anything to keep organized!

In January my husband put battery powered LED mini christmas lights on our stroller..it made it really easy to find and everyone loved it:thumbsup2

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! That is so wonderful! We are going at Thanksgiving and it will fit right in! :love:

The items that I bring with me are not your normal travel items - I bring my own souvenirs! You can buy Disney items almost everywhere. I try to get all of our pre-vacation items on clearance. It's not that I'm cheap - I don't mind spending a small a fortune on those special souvenirs at the parks that have a purpose (watches, Christmas ornaments, etc). The real fun about shopping ahead of time is surprising my family when we get to the resort!

I start shopping once I begin planning our trip, and usually do so over a period of many months. As I mentioned, I do it secretly from my husband and daughter. My goal is to fill my daughter's "Magical Mystery Suitcase"! I always begin by purchasing Disney T-shirts for everyone at the Disney Outlet online, or if I see some at Target or in the Disney store on clearance. I buy them one for each day. It usually ends up costing a lot less than regular t-shirts because I try to shop clearance only. I tuck them aside where no one can find them!

For our trip when my daughter was five and a half, I began shopping early and accumulated a ton of Disney stickers, papers, pencils and scrapbook items. We spent a good half day in the park on our first day. My daughter was a little upset about having to leave the park...that was until told her we had a surprise for her at the room. We opened the Magical Mystery suitcase! She was surprised to see all of the character t-shirts, and her eyes lit up at all of the stickers! She was content to work on her sticker "scrapbook" each day during our down time. We saved all of our maps, receipts, napkins, paper coasters and assorted Disney trinkets each day, which she faithfully added to her scrapbook. There was no crying when we left the park all hot and tired - she was anxious to get to the room so she could add her treasures to her scrapbook.

We returned when she was ten - same deal with the t-shirts. I purchased trading pins on ebay. I got her a bunch of cheapie pins for her to trade with cast members, and I bought "special" pins that I held aside and disbursed throughout the week for specific events. I had planned a parasailing adventure for her at Sammy Duvall's Watersports behind the Contemporary. She didn't know until we checked in at the dock. I had a corresponding Minnie parasailing pin for the event! Same thing with horseback riding at Fort Wilderness - secret event and corresponding pin. I also got her a Port Orleans pin (our resort), a Polynesian pin (we had diner reservations there), well...you get the idea!

We're heading back at the end of August. She's 14 now. I bought the t-shirts already. I have pins for our events (dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table - staying at Wilderness Lodge, etc). I purchased 4 field books about Imagineering at the park (she's starting high school this year and is quite the math nerd), and a Hidden Mickey guide. Tickets go on sale this weekend for an event at the House of Blues during our trip. It's one of my husbands favorite artists. The event is appropriate for all ages so we're going as a family. I will be ordering "concert" shirts for both of them (shhh...don't tell).

The Magical Mystery suitcase has become a tradition. Other items that I have tucked in included personalized autograph books, mickey hair scrunchies, PJs, etc. I notice that we don't spend nearly as much time (or as much money) in the shops since we have all of our "new stuff" already. I enjoy all of the planning that goes into it! It adds something special to an already magical vacation!

:thumbsup2 LOVE IT. I am doing the same thing for my Niece (she turns 6 during our Jan trip)

A black light to check for "organic" stains on the bedspread and pillows, because with all the honeymooners at Disney, there are lots of stains :eek:

Bring rain ponchos from home...the ones at Disney are expensive! and also, everyone should wear a fanny pack, they are great because then mom doesnt have to hold everything in her purse! and everything stays organized! Bring lots of extra clothes, you can get wet at any park (MK- splash mountain, Epcot- fountains, HS- little mermaid, AK- kali river rapids) and rain is very unpredictable! hope this helps!!! :)

crisrn2003 said:
I saw someone mentioned moleskin for blisters. Just a bit of info to provide to prevent those blisters. Each morning, after the shower and before dressing, spray your feet with antiperspirant/deodorant. Any kind will do---a cheap $1 can of Suave works fine. Spray in between toes, soles, sides, etc. This will prevent your feet from sweating which results in friction and blisters. If you rest in the afternoon, reapply the deo before going back out. We could have potentially not needed to reapply, but why take chances?

My spouse and I ended up with over a dozen blisters on our first trip. WDW does not have any real relief aids for feet. After this tip, not one blister have we had since. Hope it works well for everyone.

Wow this has to be the coolest idea yet! Thanks so much for the advice, this is a must for us!

I always bring:
-air freshener for the bathroom (it's a small space and it's inevitable that someone will have a messed up stomach)
-a new candle (for fragrance and atmosphere)
-a couple of blankets to put over beds for relaxing (just not comfortable with relaxing on the comforters in hotels)
-hand soap dispensers for kitchen and bathroom
-lysol to disinfect everything
-socks/slippers (can't walk around barefoot in hotel)
-I always pack up my toothbrush/toothpaste after each use. I have this fear of someone from housekeeping deciding to have fun by relieving themselves on my personal items or doing some other mean thing

Fantastic thread! If it weren't 4 am and my brain was working better, I'd probably be able to add something. :rotfl:

Another great use for the pool noddles is to slide them under the bed sheet to make a bed rail when traveling with smaller kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter