• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

*** I love this thread! We leave Saturday. This trip I'm trying something new. Packing a waffle iron in addition to a toaster and 4 cup coffee pot for our Pop Century room. We fly so I wonder what security thinks of it! :) My tip is to buy Juicy Juice concentrate in aluminum cans. I pour a small amount of the concentrate over a sippy cup full of ice. For as much as my son drinks this helps a lot.

this is our first time to go, i have a 2y, 3y and 4y. i made dog tags from artcows.com with a picture and childs name on the front and on the back i put contact information should we ever get separated.

i also put my DS allergy information on his, as he may have anaphylactic reaction to certain foods.

i then plan to attach them to a disney lanyard of the character of their choice.

*** I love this thread! We leave Saturday. This trip I'm trying something new. Packing a waffle iron in addition to a toaster and 4 cup coffee pot for our Pop Century room. We fly so I wonder what security thinks of it! :) My tip is to buy Juicy Juice concentrate in aluminum cans. I pour a small amount of the concentrate over a sippy cup full of ice. For as much as my son drinks this helps a lot.

As an FYI you are not allowed to bring cooking equipment into your room. All food courts have toasters in them for the guests to use, so no need to haul yours with you.

As an FYI you are not allowed to bring cooking equipment into your room. All food courts have toasters in them for the guests to use, so no need to haul yours with you.

Maxiesmom where did you find this rule? I have tried finding rules and regulations and am unable to find this. Just curious. If this is the rule how come the disboards have a fridge swap that includes a toaster and coffee pot?

I am a first timer. I have heard that you receive a lot of credit card type cards for dining, room keys, etc. What do you use to keep track of all of them and your money while still keeping them safe? Thanks!

I am a first timer. I have heard that you receive a lot of credit card type cards for dining, room keys, etc. What do you use to keep track of all of them and your money while still keeping them safe? Thanks!

Each person in your party gets a Key To The World. It is credit card sized. It has your tickets, dining and charging priveleges on it (if you have charging) and it lets you into your room. So if there are 4 of you, you get 4 key to the world cards.

Each person in your party gets a Key To The World. It is credit card sized. It has your tickets, dining and charging priveleges on it (if you have charging) and it lets you into your room. So if there are 4 of you, you get 4 key to the world cards.

To add to this: You also don't have to have charging priveleges on all of the keys. You can have it on some of them, or none of them if you wish.

Others have explained what they are...now about keeping them safe! Everyone has their own preference, but after trying many thing, I love the Vera Bradley Clip ID case and matching Lanyard. It stays around my neck with everyone's cards and any gift cards I have and is more secure than any other lanyard/case I have tried. I like the cards where I can just grab them for fast passes, dining, etc. I don't want that kind of "valuable" in my backpack for obvious reasons and I am just not a "fanny pack" person.:cool1: Good Luck and have a magical first trip!!

Just thought of something that was a life saver on a previous trip. Binder clips!

We had a trip where it rained quite a bit and we were very stupid and did not purchase the stroller cover for our new double stroller. We took a poncho and used the binder clips to secure it to the stroller. Binder clips are very handy we used them to keep different things connected to the stroller that we wanted to keep at hand like schedules and such-they are cheap and don't take up a lot of room.

Love this idea! I always end up sticking the maps in my travelini, and then have to go in there every 10 minutes! Thanks for the tip!

I've just spent 2 days going through these tips! As I'm from the UK, I can't access a lot of the things mentioned so have made lists for our trip to Walmart once we arrive ;)

Re. bags, I'm planning to take a small backpack into the parks, am I allowed to take this on ALL rides or not? If not, are there lockers near to rides?

Many of you have mentioned bedbugs :scared1: I've never really thought about these before on my travels but I'm paranoid now! Apart from the ill advised oils some people use, what puts your mind at rest dealing with these?

Huge thanks for this thread everyone :yay:

Most, if not all the rides, have accomodations for storing small to medium saized bags usually in a netted or enclosed compartment on the ride vehicles themselves. If you intend on carrying a hiking bag it obviously won't fit. I do believe there are lockers available but not as abundant as other theme parks. Hope this helps.

GREAT idea!! Always have clutter on the table and this would at least make my clutter look a little better.

I use a plastic dish pan instead. I keep it by the door, to hold things we will need the next day for when we are rushed in the mornings. I also use it to rinse out a few things, and bring epsom salts and soak my feet in the plastic pan while watching tv at night.

The Dollar Tree (or similar) is the BEST place to get some of the tips mentioned here. Plastic cups,plates, etc for your room. Glow sticks (say no more) ;) Zipbags, too. If you're driving you can get those foam Noodles and take with you & can pass them on to someone else at the pool as you leave. Make another kid smile. Those wallet inserts would probably be good for fast passes and maked them easier to find in your bag.

For those of you that have purchased and used the Bobbles in the parks, I have a question...how do you keep it with you? This is our second trip (upcoming 1/28-2/5 our 1st trip was same time last year) and after reading all of these tips last year, I was SUPER prepared.

The only thing I was not prepared for was the awful taste of FL water! We had one of those aluminum water cans to keep water in but it was hard to drink it even when I was at my thirstiest. This seems like a great alternative but I'm not sure how I'd manage three of them.

We will have our Chicco umbrella stroller for DD(6) (we also have b/g twins that will be two 12/31 - but aren't taking them. We didn't take them last time and we were so glad. Hats off to those of you who take your little ones! I have a hard time getting through ONE DAY at HOME with the twins, let alone Disney. We decided that they wouldn't go until they were at LEAST 4)

So we will have the stroller, with a cup holder and a mommy hook but I'm trying to figure out how we could make something that would attach to a carabiner. I've googled a few things and can't seem to find a clip or attachment!

Suggestions?!?!

Since I go in December each year, I always pack my black "Bah Humbug" Santa hat. It gets lots of great comments each year, usually from wives to their husbands as they pass me. A few people even ask to take pictures with me, which I'm sure are the very first ones they delete once they get home. :D

I've been reading these tips for about 3 hours and only got to page 12! I saw several comments about digestive enzymes and my question is - what is it and what is it for? Is it for adults and children?

I'm glad this thread still exists! I used it for my trip early this year and am reviewing it now for my trip early next year.

The one thing that I haven't seen (or don't remember seeing) is PURE MAPLE SYRUP! I cannot stand pancake syrup, and nowhere had pure maple syrup! I never eat pancakes or waffles, but at Disney I do, and I love the real stuff.

I'm from Canada, live down the road from a maple syrup farm, and the first thing on my list for my trip in February is a small container of it.

I still have a long time before my next WDW trip, but I love reading the helpful tips!!! Thank you all!!!:thumbsup2

Instead of bringing my wallet to the parks, I use a Vera Bradley waterproof wristlet. It really comes in handy on water rides, plus it fits my phone!

For those of you that have purchased and used the Bobbles in the parks, I have a question...how do you keep it with you? This is our second trip (upcoming 1/28-2/5 our 1st trip was same time last year) and after reading all of these tips last year, I was SUPER prepared.

The only thing I was not prepared for was the awful taste of FL water! We had one of those aluminum water cans to keep water in but it was hard to drink it even when I was at my thirstiest. This seems like a great alternative but I'm not sure how I'd manage three of them.

We will have our Chicco umbrella stroller for DD(6) (we also have b/g twins that will be two 12/31 - but aren't taking them. We didn't take them last time and we were so glad. Hats off to those of you who take your little ones! I have a hard time getting through ONE DAY at HOME with the twins, let alone Disney. We decided that they wouldn't go until they were at LEAST 4)

So we will have the stroller, with a cup holder and a mommy hook but I'm trying to figure out how we could make something that would attach to a carabiner. I've googled a few things and can't seem to find a clip or attachment!

Suggestions?!?!

when we went last year, I bought the water lanyard for our ****les and it worked out great. Bought them from ebay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter