What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Here is one for us unnatural blondes. Blue shampoo, the kind for people with silver hair.

Last year in August the sun turned my honey blonde highlights a yucky orange colour. The blue shampoo will take this colour out of your hair and keep your blonde hair blonde.

Another use for clothespins is to make an instant bib out of any napkin or bag or whatever you can find.

Thank you all for the great tips. This is my first time with a toddler so some of these tips will be lifesavers!

My DH said to add this... totally forgot about this. We bring a single hole puncher and put a hole in the plastic tops for water bottles and juices. DS is 3 and hasn't quite gotten the open lid thing down yet. This allows a straw to go through and he doesn't have to use a sippy cup!

hth!

I read through all of these so that I wouldn't put something already mentioned and I never saw anyone say a cup for bath time, with little ones it's a lot easier!

My DH said to add this... totally forgot about this. We bring a single hole puncher and put a hole in the plastic tops for water bottles and juices. DS is 3 and hasn't quite gotten the open lid thing down yet. This allows a straw to go through and he doesn't have to use a sippy cup!

hth!

What an awesome tip!

Although, I'm sure it wouldn't take them long to figure out how to pour it out onto themselves.

It depends, but normally, the hole is just big enough for a straw. Doesn't mean that the fluid won't go through the straw if they turn over the bottle, but it certainly does help!

Found the link to this thread in someone's TR.

I am going to have to look through ALL of it when I have time some day, Im excited to read about all of the little intems for all of my trips, not just disney ones!

Gold Bond Body Powder, the tiny bottles in the travel sections of walmart and target.

When I have blonde hair, I can use it to soak up sweat in my hair, just a little bit in the palms of your hands. Flip your head over and hair and shake it into your roots (make sure you lean away from your clothes). When I used to do dance competitions and shows, we used to do this (the blondes) and I still do it today. Won't blend into dark hair well, but your can use a little bottle of dry shampoo instead.

But Gold Bond also helps for soaking up sweat anywhere on your body and keeping that area realitively dry all day (you might have to reapply for long hot days) and for body chaffing.

I also like Burts Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion for my feet and using it to keep sweaty areas cool (I will use the lotion all over.)

A combination of Peppermint Lotion and dusting of Gold Bond works really really well on my skin.

WOW! about the entire thread. So much great info.

I'll have to try the Gold Bold in the hair though. As a thin-haired blonde I hate when my hair gets sweaty. And the purple shampoo is a must.

This kind of thread is why we need to be able to view the whole thing at once. I want to print this out to read later but am not going to sit and click print 45 times. Anyone have any tricks for printing or downloading a whole thread at once?

This kind of thread is why we need to be able to view the whole thing at once. I want to print this out to read later but am not going to sit and click print 45 times. Anyone have any tricks for printing or downloading a whole thread at once?

IDK, but I was just thinking earlier that it would be nice to have a subfolder for packing lists and uses for the items, since I know there are a couple of long threads on the subject. I guess just one long list would do the same trick. Just my opinion, though. :goodvibes

Posting on here so I can get back to the thread, haven't had time to read them all but there are so many great ideas. :)

Love this thread! Just got back from the store, bought zip lock baggies for camera/cell phone, spray deodorant for our feet, and SPF 15 chapstick (2 for a buck a Family Dollar). So glad I found this, cuz I'd never have thought of these things myself, even as simple as they are!

I've only made it through about 1/2 of all these pages, so please forgive me if it's been answered...

I've seen a few people mention bringing a wireless router for the hotel room. How does this work? I mean, I know how the router works, we have one at home for our 2 laptops. But why bring one to the hotel? Is it just for hotels that are hard-wired (and don't have wireless svc)? Or will it boost the signal when you are in a hotel room that's far away from the "hub" where the hotel router is located?

I'm curious because it drives me nuts when I book a hotel (after carefully selecting one that offers wireless) and then getting stuck in a room too far away for a decent signal!

Don't know if it's been mentioned (haven't made it thru entire thread!), but one of the best things I think I took last time was a pack of long pipe cleaners in lots of colors. Kids (mine and ones around us) had a great time making "things" while waiting on parades and in long lines. Kept them quite busy! Lite wgt for park bag+little money=sanity-priceless!:rotfl2:

This is a great idea!!!! Putting it on my list right now.

Loving this thread, spent the past 2 days going through this list and adding to my packing. Thanks for all the great ideas!!

Also for all the mentions about the backpack leashes. We have a puppy one and it has saved my sanity many times over when my daughter was younger and for my son. We will bring to Disney this time for my almost 4 year old son, just to have in case he decides not to stay with us. :)

The first picture I take with a new memory card is of a piece of paper that I have written:
If found please call_____________ or
please mail memory card to (your address).

That way if someone finds your camera and looks at your pictures, the first one to pop up will be your information. And maybe if they decide to keep your camera, they will at least send your memory card back.

This is a great idea. I would be so sad if I lost all my pictures. The last time we were in Disney in 2006 my parents left their video camera on the bus, we checked with lost and found every day but never got it back. They were more upset about the lost memories than they were about the actual camera. :sad2:

I know it is not exactly "green," but we carry regular McDonalds straws when we go to Animal Kingdom. The paper straws-- only kind available in AK-- are impossible to drink through. Don't worry. We are very careful with the plastic straws and always dispose of them properly so they do not harm the animals.

What we do instead of the plastic straws and not have to use the cardboard straws is, I buy the mickey head straws at the resort for like .50, they may have gone up by now since last year. I buy these straws to use with our mugs we buy and also use them at AK since we don't like the cardboard straws too.

OK so I know this really isnt a packing tip and more of just a "while you are there tip". DH and I are from Maine. Even in the winter it gets REALLY hot for us...after all we are used to wearing a snowsuit year round :) We stayed at pop the first year it opened and have been doing this ever since the CM tipped us off to this idea. The A/C units have a sensor that senses motion. So when we would walk into our room it was REALLY hot. He told us next time we were at a park right before we leave purchase a balloon. If you tie it to the room chair and have it in the middle of the room where the fan blows it will set off the motion sensor and keep moving which will keep the room nice a cool :woohoo: It worked!!! and now whenever we go I always pick up a cheap balloon and our room is always nice and cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter