What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I love this entire board took me two days of read all 42 pages, I did it... i have written down SO MANY items i have to go shopping for!
One tip that my cousin gave me and i LOVED IT. Buy the kids their own disposable cameras write their names on them, you can see Disney threw their eyes it is really fun to see what they see and what they like!!! I'm a scrapbooker so this is awesome!

Also i read somewhere instead of taking nightlights, get the battery operated tea candles!
:thumbsup2

Looks like we will be down at the same time. We are going on the Dream on November 13-17 and CBR November 17-20. Enjoy!!:yay::yay:

Like your tips!

Gold Bond Medicated Powder!

:goodvibes always..

If you want to, you can get CS food to go at the restaurants, some places have better CS options than others, and they may different than what your resort offers. If your family is tired by or a little before dinner or lunch, ge CS before you leave for your resort and put it one of those fabric grocery sacks they sell, you can use a big disney bag, but they don't have flat bottoms. Disney CS will put your ToGo items in foam boxes, but last time I was there they didn't have any bags to put them all in...balancing act. So, Im bringing one of these next time and squishing in my bag until used.

If your close to a park, you can run and get something, although, why not get something on your way out?

Just sayin' not all resorts have great options or what you want to eat and you can just carry this back to your room. *steal bites on way back*;)

Just a tip - you can always call Mousekeeping for extra hangers for your room. They will bring as many as you like, and even ask if you want regular or skirt/pants hangers (with clips). No need to pack your own hangers.

oh thanks, I have to tip right? Am I charged anything (I'm assuming hopefully not, & never stayed dvc until this upcoming october).

How much do you typically tip them?

my mom hangs up a huge shoe rack on the door in our room, but instead of putting shoes in it she puts hair spray, curling irons, cream, shampoo, hairbrushes EVERYTHING in it.

also my mom bring a flipping pharmacy with her. she has EVERYTHING to treat any kinda of sickness of injury you could think of ! and we dont even use the stuff !
also she's OBSESSSED with the travel section in target and wallmart. every time were there she'll be like im going to the travel section! and me and my daddy are like 'oh god..' and she ends up being there for an hour and comes back with shaving cream, shampoo, tide to go, makeup remover, brushes and EVERYTHING in little travel size containers !
haha

Your Mom sounds just like me, which means she is amazing! :woohoo:

This is my first post ever, but I had to add one. I bought some small containers of play-doh after Halloween last year and I try to keep them in my purse or diaper bag. I have two toddlers and the play-doh is very entertaining (for all of us) while we wait for food. If they get all gross then we toss them!
I love this list, some things I never thought of or even knew existed!!! :thumbsup2 Most all my tips were already listed!

LOVE the playdoh idea - that's great! :thumbsup2

Just remember you can NOT take playdoh as a carry on item on the plane . Last year I watched a TSA worker trow away some poor little kids playdoh as they stood there crying !!!!!!!:sad2

When we travel I have my DH take the kids for 10-15 minutes to explore the hotel while I quickly get things cleaned up and unpack.

This year while I get things ready I am going to have the kids decorated our room window with clings, etc.

Kids get antsy to check out the pool, but I have to get things organized first otherwise it will never get done.

GREAT TIPS EVERYONE!!! THANKS A TON!!!

PEANUT BUTTER! I get bad hiccups and peanut butter is the only thing that can cure them almost instantly. So I always pack some and not to mention it is tasty!

PEANUT BUTTER! I get bad hiccups and peanut butter is the only thing that can cure them almost instantly. So I always pack some and not to mention it is tasty!

Really? I've never heard of this before!!! Man, the things I learn on here are amazing! :lmao:

Originally Posted by Shih-Tzu
I thought I'd have some fun this year and mail all my Christmas cards from Disney...

We Did this one year, first day down took a picture for the card ,Went to walmart had the cards made. I had brought along pre printed address /return lables,Christmas disney border of course, along with stamps and Chirstmas letter stating these were being sent from Disney.The next night while the kids were swimming I sat by the pool and stuffed and labled the cards and mailed them out the next day.

My girls are 16 and 12 and we still pack this way simplifies packing and outfits are pre done.Plus we know there are enough undergarments packed. We do pack a short and capri in each bag as it can be cool when we are there the end of Nov/Dec. Along with a seperate bag with pants and sweatshirt just in case :(

I'll have to try this next time! We use a spoonful of sugar. It always works! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter