• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

WOW!!!! I just finished reading all 35 pages of post.

We leave for Disney in 115 days.

I have no tips really but thank you for the couple I did pick up.

Keep them coming.

Loripopcorn::

Great tips everyone! Thank you! I have spent the entire afternoon reading this thread:rotfl2: I've started my packing pile. We leave in 18 days for our Disney World (BCV)/Disney Cruise trip.:cool1:

This is actually pretty normal now that I think about it, but I thought that I'd share it anyway! :) I like to bring a refillable waterbottle and Crystal Light packets with me to WDW. It's a simple, inexpensive way to quench your thirst and hot, summer days at the parks and pretty tasty too!

I just wanted to say that I really liked the clothes pin tip. I took several along and they are so handy for hanging up hand-laundered items, closing up packaged snacks, and keeping the gap in the curtains from letting in too much light. Thanks everyone!

One of my hobbies is hunting so when we stay at AKL I pack a night scope monocular for animal viewing after dark.

And like most of you I put the days and times for parades, extra magic hours, reservations, and even which park we are heading to on my Blackberry calendar.

Reactions: ffw

I always purchase Pepto Bismol caplets. With all the rich food, we've needed it. The 24 count bottle is very small I put a few in my wallet with a strap in a snack size zipper bag along with a few Tums and Ibuprofen.

This is actually pretty normal now that I think about it, but I thought that I'd share it anyway! :) I like to bring a refillable waterbottle and Crystal Light packets with me to WDW. It's a simple, inexpensive way to quench your thirst and hot, summer days at the parks and pretty tasty too!

I love my powerade mix. Goes great in water bottles, especially when the bottle is empty and you put that disney beach-flavored water from drinking fountains back in your bottle. kool-aid mix goes well too. I used to bring a GPS in the park, but I've done all the virtual geocaches.

we bring a pump soap from home so we don't have the yucky bar laying at the sink.

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that does this. Not only does it eliminate the mess on the sink but it feels so much better on my hands. :laughing:

We bring a small plastic step stool for the children to use at the bathroom sink.

We bring a roll of toilet paper from home! Much softer than the hotel stuff on our sensitive bottoms! :rotfl:

The best ideas I got from this board for my trip last Fall were:

The collapsing hamper (I got one at dollar tree)
Pump soap for the sink
suction cup cup to hold toothbrushes off of the counter
Glide.

Pump soap for the sink is a fantastic idea. We did it last trip and it was such a cleaner alternative to the bar soap. After just 1 or 2 uses the bar is floating in water and all smooshy. We used the pump soap and threw away leftovers before we checked out. Be sure to pack it in a ziploc so it doesn't spill in your luggage.

We also bring a bottle of shampoo from home. With four of us that Disney shampoo doesn't go very far and besides, we prefer ours from home. Again we just toss the leftovers before going home.

I like the suction cup cup idea, I'm going to bring that next time. We usually put our toothbrushes in one of the hotel cups but then it tips over sometimes. This is a good alternative.

One other tip, the cups in the room don't go far either if you have a family of four. I like to bring a box of Dixie cups to keep by the sink for frequent drinks. One box usually lasts the whole trip.

I thought I'd have some fun this year and mail all my Christmas cards from Disney...

Awesome idea!!! We're going to Disneyworld in December this year... with just enough time to mail postcards (as soon as we get there) for them to arrive for Christmas! Thanks for the tip!!!!

:dogdance:

Alexsmommie

I also send package ahead of our travel including our snacks and breakfast food. In the package, I also include bath needs: shampoo, conditioners, lotions, etc.

This is a GREAT idea... I'm planning our first trip in DEC 11 and was dreading packing all of that into our car :drive: (we're driving from upstate NY) My only question is where do you ship it? (and how far in advance?) Thanks for the tip/help!

To add to the list... whenever we're somewhere hot I ALWAYS pack washcloths in the cooler... you can use the melted ice to soak the washcloth and use the washcloth to cool down! We even keep some ziplock baggies to put the washcloths in so they dont drip/get wet if you want to just make it cold! :mickeybar

I also just recently purchased a few plastic takeout looking cups for about $6 each from AC MOORE (a craft store near me) I've also seen them at Walmart and other craft stores (michaels?) anyway I use these for cans of pop or whenever I want a straw for my drink (much more "green" than a paper straw or cup! added bonus you CAN take these into Animal Kingdom since they're not disposable and won't harm the animals!) Hope this helps!!! ONLY 182 days!!

:santa:

I love all the fantastic ideas!!! Learned some new things. My son just insisted that we already know what to bring and pack......LOL! I reminded him we learn new things every day.

Not sure I have much new to offer, but I always pack a small pair of scissors (kids size). These come in handy when we purchase something and need to cut the tags off, such as a hat or a tshirt.

A sound machine - I need that white noise when I sleep.

Flushable wipes and Clorox wipes - self explanatory.

Ketchup, mustard, and sugar packets - We bring these from home so we don't have to purchase full sizes while at the condo. Also, coffee filters.

Plastic credit card/name tag holder - I get these from an office store and we put all of our fast passes and tickets inside. My husband is in charge of wearing the lanyard and keeps these items secure during our daily visits to the parks.

Invest in a strap for your sunglasses. We just got back from our latest trip and lost another pair....Had them in my side pocket and they slipped out of it on EE. Just so much easier to have them on a strap around your neck secured.

I just remembered one more thing......

a pack of wire hangers. These take up much less suitcase space than plastic hangers. If you don't use them at home then you can just leave them there.

Instead of scissors for cutting tags off nail clippers work too. I'm bringing my scotch tape paper cutter (sharp part is covered). Works super for opening stuff like crackers, chips, tags off clothes, etc. I carry one in my purse all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter