What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Baking powder. Throw the box in a ziplock bag before you leave. I have a friend who was Navy Seals and told me this trick to treat a sunburn. Mix the powder with enough cold water to make a slightly runny paste. Apply liberally to sunburned area and allow to air dry on your skin. Take a cool shower, followed by Motrin (tylenol won't do a thing for the inflammation of your crispy skin).

I swear to you, NOTHING has never worked better. Not any aloe gel or Natural food store remedy. Of course, not getting burnt is the best, but in those times of forgetting to reapply your sunscreen, this really helps.

New underwear and socks. My mom would always buy us new stuff and I still do this. Nothing better than fresh, new unmentionables. And if you fly, it saves you the embarrassment of TSA sorting through your well worn things :scared1:

This is the best tip I've heard yet; Keep these genius posts coming!

I am curious about your airborne. I would like to do something like this but I absolutely can't stand the taste of anything item I've tried. I used to love the Zicam nose swabs but they've taken those off the market because people were complaining that it damaged their sense of smell. I thought it worked so well I was willing to live with a damaged sense of smell and really miss those swabs. Is your Airborne something you have to taste? I wish they could just put it in a capsule but I guess it wouldn't work as well?

It's in an effervescent tablet form with a few flavors to choose from. They may have travel packets too but we haven't tried those. I recommend 4 oz ice cold water, close your eyes and toss it back! It doesn't taste bad - unless you ask DD :rotfl:

My kids chew on the paper straws as well, so we have bought them each 2 silly straws (They are hard plastic straws that are fun shaped and each have a different animal "hanging" onto them.) This way those two can avoid the paper straws, and we just wash them later that night and put them back in the backpack.
Blister protection! Nylon socks, foot rub, and moleskin! We will also be bringing a Mickey Harness for our toddler.

Reactions: ffw

Great thread! I've been reading it for a few days.

So, going back to Packing Cubes....I want to see them before I buy them. Does Walmart or Target carry them?

straws for drinking out of refillable mugs in the room! We had no need for a sippy cup.
Wet bag (we cloth diapered) for bringing home wet swimsuits
Dryer sheets in a ziploc to through in with dirty clothes

Not really a packing item, but a tip - We take pictures of our kids each morning before we leave the room. If we lost them, would we have a picture of them in what they are wearing that day. I leave the camera on top of my park bag to remind me to do it!

freeze a water bottle and roll your aching feet on it when you get back to the room!

Love, love, love this thread!
I made a list and headed to Dollar Tree & Target.
Dollar Tree a lot of goodies from this list...including CARS (Mater & Doc Hudson, McQueen was gone!) nightlights we will use in the room!

Thank you for all the great ideas. I thought I was done packing and just bought about 20 more things...LOL!

we bring a pump soap from home so we don't have the yucky bar laying at the sink.

Oh my goodness! I have to bring pump soap with me too. I do not like to use the bar soap. I was so excited when I saw this:

Method-minnie-mouse-hand-wash.jpg

This is the best thread!!! I've got such a great list started for our trip in October...gonna be here before we know it. Guess I better start our Disney bin :banana:

people would put their kid on a ride when they are too small and rig it so they are taller than they are? wow! crazy!

stealing "stacks" of take out lids from stores? seriously...? and your recommending that others do it too? it's stealing and I hope your all caught. Perhaps you don't realize how much it costs for retailers to buy paper products/take out products........IGNORANT! But as long as your family is happy, that's all that matters!

Straws are THAT important to people that you have to sneak your own plastic straws in??? wow!!

no-one ever suggested 'stealing' anything - a lot of the posters talked about washing and re-using the lids off of drinks that they paid for.

My kids chew on the paper straws as well, so we have bought them each 2 silly straws (They are hard plastic straws that are fun shaped and each have a different animal "hanging" onto them.) This way those two can avoid the paper straws, and we just wash them later that night and put them back in the backpack.
Blister protection! Nylon socks, foot rub, and moleskin! We will also be bringing a Mickey Harness for our toddler.

Again, you are not allowed to take straws into the Animal Kingdom. And if you really care about the animals you are going to see, you won't either. A few hundred people bringing in their own straws, and a few are bound to get loose. Not good.

people would put their kid on a ride when they are too small and rig it so they are taller than they are? wow! crazy!

stealing "stacks" of take out lids from stores? seriously...? and your recommending that others do it too? it's stealing and I hope your all caught. Perhaps you don't realize how much it costs for retailers to buy paper products/take out products........IGNORANT! But as long as your family is happy, that's all that matters!

Straws are THAT important to people that you have to sneak your own plastic straws in??? wow!!

It is kind of sad, isn't it? So many "tips" are way to break rules.:sad2:

Can't we please get back to the truly helpful tips that are not a way to get around the rules Disney has in place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter