What is your most embarrassing/funny Disney story?

I was watching the parade during MNSSHP with DD4 and DS8 at the time. Peter Pan came up to DS and took up his famous stance (legs apart, arms folded) and says "my friend Micheal wears glasses just like you!" quite enthusiastically. DS was never the most avid Disney fan, hates parades and detests attention. He looks at Peter and says "cool" in a bored-to-death tone. Peter stands there for a minute and DS whispers to me, "Mom, make him leave!". Little awkward, poor Peter.

My friend and I were boarding our Doombuggy in the Haunted Mansion. I was on crutches and wearing a backpack, so it was taking me a little extra time, and she kept telling me to hurry, hurry, hurry before the bar came down. I kept asking her for help with my backpack strap because it was caught in my crutch and I couldn't reach it, but she couldn't hear me through her own entreaties for me to hurry. We both kept getting more frantic, me saying "Help me!" and she saying, "Hurry!" and finally the bar came down on my crutch, the whole Omnimover train stopped, the "Playful spooks have interrupted our tour. Please remain seated in your Doom Buggy. We will proceed in just a moment" annoucement came on, everybody in the boarding area groaned, and she shouted, "NICE GOING, [TTINTAGEL]! YOU BROKE THE WHOLE HAUNTED MANSION!"

I was at the patio at Trader Sam's. The waitress was bringing over a drink and the food order when a strong gust of wind hit her back and proceeded to knock her forward. The drink and food went all over me as I caught the waitress from falling to the ground. After the initial shook it was pretty funny that I am now covered in rum punch, Portuguese sausage and curry ketchup. Waitress was alright, but embarrassed. I'm covered in crap, don't have another shirt, and just want to get out of there now. But have to wait to settle the tab from the previous drinks. Well the manager comes over, apologizes for the mess, gives me a drink on the house and a 30 dollar gift card to go get another shirt.

On our trip a few years ago, DD was 2. We had dinner reservations scheduled for 'Ohana. They bring out the bread. I hand DD a roll, which she immediately launches. The roll hits a man sitting at a neighboring table in the head and lands on their table. I've never been so embarrassed. I apologized profusely.

On our trip this past May, we are on the bus at the end of a MK night heading back to Art of Animation. My youngest DD was 10 months. We were about halfway back when I feel something warm on my leg. She had a diaper blowout right on the bus. I hold her against me so I won't get anything on the bus. Yep, I was covered in poop.

About 10 years go before my kids were born, we went to WDW with my parents, sister, and nephew who was 3. We stayed at Poly. One morning we were shopping in the Boutiki. My mom uses a scooter, and she had parked it outside the store. I was in the store, and I hear a great commotion in the lobby. Apparently, my nephew had gotten away from my sister and hopped on my mother's scooter and came very close to taking out the tiki statue in front of the store. My mom grabbed the tail of his money backpack (the kid leash backpacks), which broke off when she grabbed it, but he did let go of the button that propels the scooter forward when my mom pulled on the backpack. My mom doesn't leave the key in her scooter anymore.

The others have been funny but this is the one that finally put tears into my eyes! The roll had be rolling! :rotfl:

DD was almost 7 and it was her 1st trip. We checked into BCV, found our room and suddenly she has to use the bathroom. The 2 bedroom villas have LOTS of doors (bedrooms, closets, laundry, etc) AND the toilet has it's own room. Needless to say we couldn't find the right door fast enough! Wipe up, quick sponge bath, grab clean clothes and we were walking to Epcot in no time!

For the next trip, we joked that we needed to make her a bathroom schedule. :tigger:

We were staying at OKW so rented a car on one of our trips. It was just my spouse and I hoping for a restful vacation. Well, evidently the entirety of Disney vacationers chose to rent cars, too, because National's usually abundant Emerald Aisle gave us the choice of a Saturn Vue or...a Saturn Vue. Now, my dear spouse is usually pretty easy going but with automobiles and fireworks...suffice to say, there may be some snobbery involved. From the moment we entered the car the grousing began...nothing about the car was right! By the last day it had really escalated and while I held my tongue, my eyes were in danger of rolling out of my ears! We were on our way to dinner. Spouse gets in driver's seat. I enter passenger's door. Car starts. We sit there in silence for what seems like eternity as she stares at the gauges. Finally, I say "what?"...and she blows..."and to top it off, she yells, "this thing is a gas sucking pig!" I lean over to see what she's staring at, look at her, look back at the gauge and start to laugh so hard tears nearly roll down my legs as I happily inform her...she's staring at the temperature gauge.
She also hates to be reminded of the Kona breakfast with our 9 yr old nephew when she was not "quite" awake and she mistook her ketchup for strawberry jam on her biscuit. CJ is 15 now and still laughs about it...her expression was priceless!
I hope she never finds this site...

1 year (before my husband and I had our son), we decided to go on Test Track for the "umpteen" time. At the time I was wearing a tight fitting "white" tank top and happened to be wearing one of those "bras" that hook in the front (ladies - you know what I'm talking about!). Well, I guess the speed/force of the ride was so great that my bra couldn't take it!! The snap in the front broke completely off and my bra flew open!! Needless to say I could not wear it with a broken front snap so I had to very quickly try to slip it off and into my bag before getting off the ride. Then I had to try and hide myself going back to the hotel because I am definitely NOT a person to be going bra-less in a white tight tank top!!(if you get my drift). To this day, whenever we ride Test Track - I get told "hold onto your bra mom"!!!!

What a great thread!

Last year we went to MNSSHP and I dressed up as Snow White. I am normally very shy, but there is just something about Disney that just takes that right out of me. It was seriously the BEST NIGHT EVER. I went to the dance party and Dr. Facilier warned me that the Snow Queen would be very interested to know that I was in attendance and advised me not to take any fruit from her. Started a conga line with the Snow Queen....just trying to illustrate how incredibly magical it was with everyone just being immersed in the Disney spirit. I was on cloud 9 and there was just no stopping me.

So we decided to ride Splash Mountain because there was no line whatsoever. We walk up and there are 5 or 6 cast members standing around and one of them yelled, "We have a princess in our presence!!!" and they started bowing and making a fuss about it and I'm delightfully playing along.

My wig flew off during the drop. I came out to those same cast members, wig in my hand and soaked to the gills.

Still...best day ever.

Not exactly my moment but years ago, I think 1992 or so. I went to MK with my mom,aunt and uncle. We were standing in line for something to drink in tomorrowland. These teenage kids had a dollar bill tied to a fishing line or some sort of invisible strong. I saw them kind of toss it down and get in the other line. My uncle saw it and went for it. The kids moved it a little my uncle (not seeing the string) moved more towards it. The kids were laughing my uncle finally got it (the joke) and laughed too. Me being a teenager I was sooooo embarrassed lol.

For me I'm not sure where it was but I was about 11 and we were at a buffet off of Wdw property. I was about 14 and got my food and came back to the table to eat it. My mom looked at my plate and looked at me and said "what are you going to do with that mint jelly?" I said "what mint jelly? That's jello" I tried a spoonful and I gagged. Everyone had a laugh.

Just remembered another one - A few years ago (our son was about 13) we went to 1900 Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner buffet. Now - you have to understand, my son does not like attention or character interaction. In fact, he makes sure he finds out the "route" the characters do so that he can plan his trips to the buffet. So, he was on one of his trips to the buffet and 1 of the step sisters came by the table and sees the 3rd setting and asks who was sitting there. I innocently say that my son is sitting there. She asked his name - and as the words came out of my mouth I knew I shouldn't have said it. She turns around and screams at the top of her lungs - "CHRISTOPhER - GET BACK TO THE TABLE, I'M WAITING FOR YOU". You should have seen the look on his face as he slowly came back to the table. So, she's now all over him and says they're getting married etc and leaves. The other stepsister now comes over and says I heard you're marrying my sister and proceeds to go over why she should be his wife and announces to the tables around that they are now betrothed. After a while the Prince comes over with Cinderella, shakes his hand and says "welcome to the family" and wants to know if he would like to double date. The thing was hilarious and we got a few good pictures with the stepsisters trying to kiss him and him pulling away but I don't think he'll ever forgive me for that one. Needless to say, we are not "allowed" to go there for dinner again just in case they recognize him!!!! :cool2:

Oh, Lord. There are so many...

Well, my son has special needs. He is autistic, and he can be very literal. So a couple years ago we went to Epcot and my Dh and I took him through the House of the Future, or Green House or whatever they were calling it. He was really interested and was pretty quiet-we were so thankful he was standing quietly. So they get to the bathroom and were talking about how the toilet saved so many gallons a year and my son said something to the CM to the effect that he wanted to look at it or see how it worked or whatever. Thank God I was watching him because he got to the toilet and motioned like he was going to unbutton his pants and try the thing out! My husband yanked him back and said NO! and of course everybody laughed. I know I turned 10 shades of red. Now I look back it was funny but I was so embarrassed! :(

Love all these stories. Makes me happy to know my family is not the only ones these things happen to.

On one trip my son was about 8 or 9. We landed at MCO. As we're walking off the boarding ramp he announces, very loudly, "Welcome to Florida....God's waiting room".

Another trip at Epcot, when I asked the kids what they wanted to do next, one replied he wanted to go on the Helen Keller ride. ??? Then he says, you know....with the dinosaurs. LOL He couldn't remember Ellen Degeneres. Ellen...Helen, he was close. I'm not sure anyone overheard that one. Now we joke about that being the world's most boring ride - completely dark and silent, but an even better place for a nap than Ellen's.

Me...I just fall. I'm not normally a klutz, but for some reason at disney I am. Once boarding a bus I climbed the steps and just tripped, flat on my face. Oh, did I mention I had a FULL drink in my hand. Went flying down the isle. My family....yeah, they're great. They all just laughed. :o

I have another one to add.

I'm not a fan of seafood. Anything past basic fish and chips and I'm out. My theory is if it looks like a bug or use to look like a bug, I'm not eating it. That includes shrimp. So we meet DSIL and DBIL who live in FL at Ohanas one night for dinner. I'm excited about the meal and decided that I was going to try everything, including the shrimp. So they come around and plop a couple of those shrimp on my plate. I pick it up and take a huge bite and crunch, crunch, crunch. DBIL is watching me as I do this. I look at him and say, "Nope still don't like shrimp!" He starts laughing and tells me that I should try PEELING the next one. Honest to goodness I didn't know I was suppose to peel the darn thing before eating it!

I find this thread interesting and fun. Also out of place on this Board. I will let stay a while longer but first page is a place for trip planning. So we must move threads that are out of place. Thanks Danny

On my first trip with my brother's family, years ago, we had the breakfast character meal at Cinderella's castle so that my niece could be made into a princess. The meal was a large amount of the typical Buffett type breakfast fare at Disney, big sausages, eggs, potatoes, a lot of variety, etc...

I had to run to the restroom quickly and as I shut the stall door, two women come flying in after me in a mad rush to get to their stalls! They are both in their own stall talking to each other over the partition not realizing that I was there...(((classy part here!!!!))) One of the women says, "That breakfast was a lot! Now I can say I took a "dump" in Cinderella's castle!!!" They both started laughing so hard. It was funny thing to overhear!

Same morning.... My tomboy niece wanted to remove the glitter bun from her hair and change out of the princess outfit twenty minutes after she got it and her mother gently squeezed her hand she was holding and through gritted teeth told her that was a $300 bun and she was keeping it up!

We were boarding the resort bus and my Daddy, bless his heart, is still not getting the BUS ETIQUETTE. We had been waiting a few minutes and a young family gets on while their young Dad tries to get the stroller folded. In his growing anger he starts thrashing and kicking it, so my Dad just goes around him, oblivious, up on the bus. That made the man even angrier and he gave me an evil stare, I said, "It's all good we are all going to the same place". I smiled and he gave me and my Mom a facial grimace. So he boarded and then we boarded...he didn't know I was with the man that boarded before him. So I learned over to Daddy while looking directly at the guy and said, "Daddy you have be more careful and wait your turn in line". That younger Dad blushed and stayed angry that whole bus ride...I bet he had started out with a horrible hurried morning of wife and kids buzzing around to get the day started when all he wanted to do was sit by the pool and drink...I still laugh about him.

Then there was the horrible storm that blew up over Fantasmic! one night. It was a lightening storm but hadn't started to rain and DH and I were already sitting on the metal bleachers. DH was growing increasingly nervous and finally talked me into leaving. I mean who wouldn't love being electrocuted at Disney? We rush out to the buses and are almost first in line when we hear the announcement that F! has been cancelled that evening due to weather. In a couple of minutes the park dumps out to the buses. A small framed man is in the reflector jacket directing the buses in front of our line and using a walkie talkie to coordinate for the mass exodus. A rather large frame man from one of the Northern States ( I can tell this because I talk very slow and Red Neck cause I am from MS) starts bellowing about his 'family getting wet and for as much as this trip cost there should have been a bus waiting'. He walked over to the CM and looked down at him in his personal space and said something hateful. DH and I are watching this behavior in shear horror and awe. The CM takes a step closer to him and points the walkie antennae in the man's chest and says : "Sir, I am fixin' to move 50,000 people in the next 15 minutes, if you would LIKE to ride a bus, I suggest you step back in line like everyone else and one will be here shorty". Dang if the guy didn't do as told and the CM never checked up and went on directing...it was awesome, woo hoo for that CM.

We went to WDW shortly after ToT opened. I was in fifth grade and went on with my dad. As the CM was about to send us off on our first ToT voyage, she did the "be sure to drop in anytime" schtick. I was SO nervous that I fake laughed HA HA HA really loudly and everyone turned around and looked at me like I was nuts. I was SO SCARED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter