What is your most embarrassing/funny Disney story?

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
So, I was just sitting around last night and letting my mind wander, when I remembered something that happened while my family was at Disney World in May. For some reason it struck me as funny, so I thought I would share.

We were staying at POR, and my husband and one night my husband and I decided to use some snack credits after the kids went to sleep at night. He ran to the food court to get us some snacks from the bakery. Once he got back, I asked him if they told him how many snack credits we had left. He said that they did not. Then I asked to see the receipt so that I could double check to make sure I knew how many were left. He told me they didn't give him a receipt. Then very suddenly, he got a very strange look on his face. He basically turned white, and said he never even paid! He apparently just walked out (since the bakery is right on the end) and came back to the room without paying!!! Now, the next morning he DID go and explain what happened, apologized, and paid using 2 snack credits. But still.....now I like to tease him for being a thief and stealing desserts from Disney!!! For what it's worth, they thanked him and said it happens a lot more often than you would think!

So, what is your amusing/embarrassing/funny story??

One time this guy that totally was not me was on Tom Sawyer's Island exploring Fort Langhorn and he (again, not me) was enjoying how well-themed it was. He (not me) was opening all of the doors that could be opened when he noticed the powder room. Curious as to what it was he (definitely not me) opened the door and walked into what he realized was the ladies' restroom. Imagine myhis surprise!

Again, not me.

One time I was walking through Frontierland with a brand new hot dog I was reeeeeally excited about. I had only had a bite or 2. Next thing I know there are GIANT wings flapping in my face. I screamed and covered my head, since I was obviously about to die. By the time the offending seagull flew away, half of my hot dog was gone.

This happened just last week at Pop, and I was mortified. My mother and I had gone to the pool to relax for the last 20 minutes it was open, she didn't want to take her magic band, so we only took mine down. I had also taken our mugs so I could refill them while we were close to the food court. Well, my mother went back to our room on the 4th floor while I refilled our mugs. So I head back to our room and knock on the door since she had taken my magic band to get into the room. She never answered so I assumed she had forgotten about me and hopped in the shower. So, of course, I start banging on the door so she could hear me. All of a sudden an older lady opens the door and was quite upset. I was definitely NOT at my door! In fact, I was only on the second floor! I felt horrible, and I swear this lady thought I was drunk or something haha! She "wished me luck" in finding my room in a not so nice tone. Oops! I was obviously extremely tired because even after I knew I was at the wrong room, I didn't realize I was on the wrong floor! I felt so bad for waking that lady up and super embarrassed. So, if you are on these boards, I'm sorry! I was sleep deprived and losing my mind, lol.

ETA: This all happened at around midnight, too... So I definitely woke the poor lady up from a dead sleep.

Last edited:

We had a bonus trip in May this year, outside of our normal every-two-years trip. As soon as my kids found out they were going, our youngest DS7 asked if we were going to ride Splash Mountain when we were there. This was a recurring theme over the next few weeks, when we were on the plane he asked if we were going to do it that day (no), and on our first day in the MK, all he talked about during lunch was how we were going to ride Splash Mountain afterwards with our FP and he was going to get soooooo wet in the big splash. So lunch is over, we head to the ride, we get in our log and he's in the first seat with my daughter. I can hear him as they go up every single rise asking if this is the one before the really big drop. Finally, of course, it is ... and as we settle back into our seats afterwards I am surprised to note that he is completely dry! DD says apparently he's short enough that he doesn't come up far enough over the top of the seat front and he didn't get wet. Huh. Whatever ...

As we pass through the gift shop on our way out we stop to glance at the pictures ... and this is where we discover that the real reason he didn't get wet is that other than the tiniest speck of his blue shirt that you can see if you peer at the picture really hard, it is impossible to tell that there is actually anyone in the seat with DD at all, because he's bent over so far hiding under the front of the seat!

9 of us ate dinner at Fulton's. We had an appetizer that had Ahi Tuna with seaweed salad and wasabi on the plate. I was in heaven. My mom had never tried anything like it, so I told her to get a piece of tuna, top it with the seaweed & a bite of pickled ginger. She takes her bite and the next thing we know, she is clutching at her chest & gasping for air. We are all a bit panicked, as she had two stents placed in the year prior. She finally gasps 'spicy, need drink.' DD7 hands over her glass of milk. Mom tried drinking thru the straw, nope - DD had managed to break the straw earlier. DD giggles, mom chugs the milk from the side of the cup.

Looking at her plate, she put the entire ball of wasabi on her one bite. We are all absolutely hysterical with laughter at this point. I still text her random pictures of wasabi almost 2 yrs later.

Riding Carrousel of Progress with 10yo daughter a long time ago. At the end of one scene she says, "I have to go to the bath room." I told her that we would have to wait until it was over. But she replied, "now!". As the theater was turning we walked to the exit sign in the back and opened the door not knowing what would happen. The theater came to an instant halt and within about 3 steps 2 CMs came tearing around to the door and asked what happened. I explained and they told me to go.

I have a really cute dress that I wear to disney every time that I go. It has deep v neck and is very tight around the waist. The last time that I went I had been working out quite a bit so I had lost some weight, it wasn't quite as snug as it used to be. Now being that 1. it has a deep v-neck, 2. is made of a somewhat thick material and 3. I'm not chesty, I usually don't wear a bra with that dress. Actually I haven't ever worn a bra with it. My SO expressed some concern that it wasn't as snug as it was in the past but I blew it off. I hadn't ever had a problem on a single disney visit, I couldn't possibly have an issue now.

Sooooooo we hop on Rock n Roller Coaster and I'm having a blast naturally...and then somewhere around the donut, my boob pops out. Thank God it was after the picture but I basically spent the rest of the ride trying to shove my boob back in the dress. I could actually see the lights for the exit platform and all I could think "WAS DEAR GOD THEY ARE GOING TO SEE MY BOOB!" when I got some burst of adrenaline akin to when a mother lifts a car off of her kid and I managed to get it back in there.

BTW my brother who was sitting next to me was no reassurance. "Marc my boob fell out!" "What?" "My boob fell out!" Hysterical laughter ensues.IMG_2022.JPG

Last edited:
It has been a running joke between my wife and I that Jasmine is my favorite Disney character.

Well when we were last at Epcot, I took my daughter to visit Alladin and Jasmine while my wife went off to get water or something. As Jasmine was signing my daugther's autograph book and me standing right there, my daughter tells Jasmine that "you are my daddy's favorite princess".

Pretty embarrassing.

And then Jasmine looked up at me and jokingly says "oh really?" which did not make it any better.

Then to top it all off, about 30 minutes later we were walking past that area again, this time with my wife, and Jasmine sees me from across a distance and yells "Hi" and waves. My wife, of course, just glares at me and asks what was that all about.

I have a really cute dress that I wear to disney every time that I go. It has deep v neck and is very tight around the waist. The last time that I went I had been working out quite a bit so I had lost some weight, it wasn't quite as snug as it used to be. Now being that 1. it has a deep v-neck, 2. is made of a somewhat thick material and 3. I'm not chesty, I usually don't wear a bra. Actually I haven't ever worn a bra with it. My SO expressed some concern that it wasn't as snug as it was in the past but I blew it off. I hadn't ever had a problem on a single disney visit, I couldn't possibly have an issue now.

Sooooooo we hop on Rock n Roller Coaster and I'm having a blast naturally...and then somewhere around the donut, my boob pops out. Thank God it was after the picture but I basically spent the rest of the ride trying to shove my boob back in the dress. I could actually see the lights for the exit platform and all I could think "WAS DEAR GOD THEY ARE GOING TO SEE MY BOOB!" when I got some burst of adrenaline akin to when a mother lifts a car off of her kid and I managed to get it back in there.

BTW my brother who was sitting next to me was no reassurance. "Marc my boob fell out!" "What?" "My boob fell out!" Hysterical laughter ensues
That's exactly why I don't wear plunging necklines in the parks.

It has been a running joke between my wife and I that Jasmine is my favorite Disney character.

Well when we were last at Epcot, I took my daughter to visit Alladin and Jasmine while my wife went off to get water or something. As Jasmine was signing my daugther's autograph book and me standing right there, my daughter tells Jasmine that "you are my daddy's favorite princess".

Pretty embarrassing.

And then Jasmine looked up at me and jokingly says "oh really?" which did not make it any better.

Then to top it all off, about 30 minutes later we were walking past that area again, this time with my wife, and Jasmine sees me from across a distance and yells "Hi" and waves. My wife, of course, just glares at me and asks what was that all about.

This reminds me of a not-quite-really at Disney story (and OK, we weren't really driving there but it's a good story so I'll tell it anyway, it was the same route). We are driving down 95S in Va on our way to visit grandma in NC, and we decide to stop for the night because it's 2AM. So we get off the highway, and the light at the end of the ramp is green so DH rolls through it at 30 MPH, only to discover that the speed limit at the bottom was 20 MPH and there is a cop right there. Sigh. What can you do. It's not like we were driving recklessly, but a speed trap is a speed trap.

The next day I am driving, and we are still not out of Va (I know you can all see this coming), and we're all moving along in the 70 MPH zone at 71 MPH, and pretty much just as I pull out of the left lane and speed up to pass the guy in front of me who is doing 67, BAM, there's the hidden cut through and the cop. That is the embarrassing part. The embarrassing / funny part is that as the policeman approaches my pulled over car, my DD3 can be heard clearly asking from the back seat whether this policeman is going to give me a ticket like the one that Daddy got last night?

I had posted this on a thread about being injured a while back.....only thing injured was my pride, but here it goes....

My teenagers and I were leaving the MK after EMH one night in late May. We were all hot, sweaty and exhausted. It was very crowded on every bus. Note--I'm clumsy. I know this. Graceful, I'm not. Anyways, we were boarding a very crowded bus, and I must've hit my flip flop on something cause it blew out and I start falling forward. I landed chest first on this poor boy sitting by his mother. I apologize because I'm mortified, and thankfully, the mother saw it all happen, and realized it was truly an accident.

My kids kindly waited until we were safely off the bus to start their teasing and laughing. They kept saying that kid got on that bus a boy, but left a man. I'm still mortified when I think about it, and it happened 5 years ago!!!!

Last edited:
So, a few years ago my DH and I are shopping in the China Pavillion. My daughter collects elephants, so I was looking at some very pretty Jade ones. Next to those, there were some purple elephants. No disrespect intended, I asked the CM in a very slow, over-pronounced (so she would understand) tone, I held up the elephant and asked, "what do you call this material"?. Well, in her perfect, slow, over-pronounced English accent she said, "In my country, we call that Plastic"!! I was so mortified, I just apologized and left the store, lol. My husband still teases me each time we visit!

It was our very first morning ever in Disneyworld in 2004. We were staying at the Contemporary a couple of floors above Chef Mickeys. DH and I had woke up to the noise drifting up from breakfast and showered/dressed before waking the kids. As I woke up the kids, DH had left the room and come back, mentioning that he could see the characters down in the restaurant. Excited, I walked out to see who I could see. "IT'S PLUTO! I see Pluto!" I called back into the room. Our son, who was 10 at the time, was in the midst of changing clothes when he heard me. Without thinking, he darted out the door into the hallway, which promptly closed behind him. He was so excited as we looked over the balcony until he heard me ask "You do realize the door is locked now and you're out here in your underwear?"

The look of horror on his 10 year old face as he looked down and back up at me was priceless. He flung himself back at the door, pounding away for his father or sister to let him back inside. DS is 21 now and still gets a sheepish grin on his face whenever we remind him about it. :)

My younger son has done a number of things that have been pretty embarrassing. It is rare that we have a trip there without him doing something that we laugh about for a long time after our trip has ended.

Our first time at Disney, he had just turned 3 and my older son was 6. We were staying on the club level of the Yacht Club. We were enjoying some time at Storm-a-long Bay and decided to head up to the room to get ready for dinner that night at Epcot. I told my son "let's go up to the Club Room, get a snack then get out of our wet bathing suits." I apparently left out the part where we'd take our snacks back to the room before we took off our wet bathing suits. So I get him some chips and an apple and I'm up getting myself a drink when I see him walking toward me start naked. with his swimming trunks laying on the floor. Everyone (except for me) got a big kick out of it and my reaction (total horror).

He has done a few other things too. Once at the Beach Club, my wife, older son and I were sitting out on the balcony. My younger son (5 at that time) decided it would be funny to lock the balcony door on us. We hear him doing it and turn around & pretended like we were upset at being out there then laughed along with him. Great fun. Right up until he couldn't figure out how to unlock it. After a few minutes of trying, we start to get upset, he is in tears and I'm thinking we have a big problem. Since we were just 20 or so yards down the hall from the concierge, I told him to first open the main door, go in the hall and put his bag between the door and door frame so he wouldn't get locked out of the room, and then go get the concierge to come let us in. After what seemed like an eternity he walked in with someone who promptly opened up the door for us and let us in off the balcony. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that point. The concierge found it to be hilarious. He has done some other crazy things (falling in the toilet, grabbing who he thought was my wife around her waist only to realize it was a stranger's breasts, falling off his chair trying to open up a cookie at Peco's Bills, etc). While he is older now (will be 9 for our next trip), I still expect he will do something that embarrasses us.

We were staying at Sports and one night we must have gotten on the wrong bus from one of the parks or was it DtD back to the resort. Well the bus pulls into the All Star Resorts but it doesn't stop at Sports. I start to panic and start yelling at the bus driver. The driver was cool and took us to Sports after dropping everyone off.

One time I was walking through Frontierland with a brand new hot dog I was reeeeeally excited about. I had only had a bite or 2. Next thing I know there are GIANT wings flapping in my face. I screamed and covered my head, since I was obviously about to die. By the time the offending seagull flew away, half of my hot dog was gone.

That happened to us about a decade ago at EPCOT right there entering Mexico. Only they got THE WHOLE THANG. And while on the topic, a few weeks ago, we were chillin at UK (by chillin, I mean a pint of hard cider with two shots of fireball) and we were chatting with a family eating their fish n chips lunch. There was this very sweet looking female mallard duck eye'ing them from the garden, about eye level with their table. We chatted about how people feed them, etc. Evidently, after about 10 mins, she'd had enough of this waiting business. She divebombed on to poor Mom's lunch, about midway through, and got at least five or six fries before she was asked to leave the table. That was the end of Mom's lunch. My suggestion? Don't eat at a table within hopping distance of an eye-level garden with a VERY interested duck stalking you. Lesson learned...

The impertinence!

I'm not chesty, I usually don't wear a bra. Actually I haven't ever worn a bra with it. My SO expressed some concern that it wasn't as snug as it was in the past but I blew it off. I hadn't ever had a problem on a single disney visit, I couldn't possibly have an issue now.

Sooooooo we hop on Rock n Roller Coaster and I'm having a blast naturally...and then somewhere around the donut, my boob pops out. View attachment 114730
I just want to point out that this is NOT a kindness to the 'ladies'... I see a whole lotta of unforgivable unkindnesses at the parks. Come on gals, you ain't gonna be young forever. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

One time this guy that totally was not me was on Tom Sawyer's Island exploring Fort Langhorn and he (again, not me) was enjoying how well-themed it was. He (not me) was opening all of the doors that could be opened when he noticed the powder room. Curious as to what it was he (definitely not me) opened the door and walked into what he realized was the ladies' restroom. Imagine myhis surprise!

Again, not me.

So, that was you that busted in on me while I was also mistakenly in the women's bathroom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter