What is your most embarrassing/funny Disney story?

My hat fell off the first time I went on Test Track, was looking around for it for a while, even told a CM who also couldn't find it. After that I've always sat on my hat

The one time we've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel we went out to the pool to ride on the monorail slides they have. Sadly when we got over there we noticed that the water had been drained out of the blue (gentler now painted yellow) monorail slide and when I walked a little too closely a CM yelled over to steer clear because there had been an issue with bio waste (it happens)... so we got a drink and sat in the shade. A half hour or so later they made an announcement that the blue slide had been reopened and the tiniest little blonde girl immediately SHRIEKED her head off with absolute excitement and happiness as she went full bore back to her precious slide. All the adults jumped and stared at each other before laughing their heads off and to this day when we are trying to gauge if the other person is excited about something we just go "blue monorail is open?" EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :)

My husband is dying to ask her if mermaids lag eggs like fish or give live birth like humans. We both agree it's probably just best that we keep our mouths shut, though. :-)

I don't know why but I always imagined it was more like dolphins or whales...

Last edited:
I'm boring and don't embarrass easily so I'll tell a story on my wife. She and my daughter were getting a photo with Gaston. They were trying to play the part and act all giddy and fluttered in the presence of Gaston. In the process of her act my wife almost toppled over but she caught herself (or maybe himself) by grabbing Gaston's crotch area. He helped her up redirecting her hand and she has a very red faced photo with Gaston. On two subsequent trips to Disney as we approached the spot where Gaston is stationed he has been departing as we approach - coincidentally. We joke with her saying he saw her coming and got scared, Gaston can't handle her, etc. She still is mortified!!

Back in the '80s, I was on a school class trip to Disney World. One of my friends had heard about the oysters (Pick-A-Pearl) there and told us about them, but she didn't know how it worked. Our whole class was standing at the Pick-A-Pearl listening to the man behind the counter explain the process, but I had zoned out for some reason. At the end, he asked if anyone had any questions, and since I hadn't heard that the place was about getting the pearl, not the oyster, I asked what we were supposed to feed the oysters. The man looked at me like I was an idiot and explained that we don't take the oysters home - and I was soooooo embarrassed, right in front of my whole class!!! (I did end up getting a pearl there, despite the disappointment of not getting to take home an oyster, LOL!)

I wasn't going to post mine, but someone else posted a non-disney story, and since mine did occur at another Florida theme park, then why the heck not?

First, you must know that I play ultimate frisbee, and the day before my flight I had a very intense practice. This was only about a month after Christmas and I was not back into full game shape and had not practiced since Christmas, and the result was two pulled quadriceps muscles. Yep, both legs. Needless to say, bending or lifting my legs was painful and difficult. Now, on to the story!

So, my friends and I attended the very first Celebration of Harry Potter in January 2014 at Universal. We had the VIP package which included a private event at the WWoHP, which the cast members of HP attended, although they did not mingle with the (very insane) crowd who stalked them for the whole evening. We rode Dragon Challenge, but as we exited the ride we ran straight into the cast who were waiting (hiding) behind Olivanders, as they were waiting to make an appearance on the stage up by the castle. We played it very cool, said hello and said that we would quietly leave them be so the crowd of people hunting them wouldn't see. Anyway, the only way out of the exit was to walk through them, however we weren't allowed as per the security with them, and there were only closed railings all around us, so we had to climb over/under those to get out. This wouldn't normally be an issue for me, and it wasn't for my friends, however this was two days after my practice I physically couldn't lift my legs to climb over or bend to crawl under without extreme pain. So the only thing I could do was lift the less painful of the two legs and do what I can only describe as a very slow sloth roll over the railing, all the while saying, "Ow," and "No, I'm good!" when one of the guys who plays one of the Weasley twins asked me if I was ok. And then my friend's fiancee had to help me untangle myself when I completed my roll to the other side of the rail.

Let me tell you, if there is one thing worse then embarrassing yourself in front of strangers, it's embarrassing yourself in front of strangers you've idolized since childhood.

Back in the mid-90's my family camped at Fort Wilderness. During that time period, they had peacocks running around FW. My then 1 1/2 year old brother (or what my sister and I affectionately call Mom and Dad's midlife crisis #2) was just starting to speak so we got him to say "peacock" every time he saw one. He always said it perfectly. Fast-forward to our departure day. We stopped at a crowded Burger King to grab a bite for lunch. We noticed they had a bird feeder right outside one of the windows. As soon as a bird landed on the feeder, my brother started to exclaim "peacock" with out the "Pea" part at the top of his lungs over and over again. My mom was mortified to the point that she took my brother and her food out to the car to eat. We still chuckle about it to this day.

So many of these stories have me laughing to the point of tears, thank you all for sharing.

I'll tell a little one of my own. It's kind of a running joke that while we are at Disney if something shoots, sprays, or spits water it's going to get me. And the worst I ever got it was at Epcot.

I love the Fountain of Nations-it's beautiful and of course a show all of it's own. One afternoon on the way out of the park we stopped to watch the show. It was me DH, DS, DGS, and DGD-awww, itsn't the fountain pretty look at the water shooting so far up in sync with the music...oooh....ahhhh. So I'm standing there totally zoned in on the fountain, almost trance like and suddenly there is a loud boom- from the corner of my eye I can see my entire family stepping back...way back. In the split second that it took me to realize why they were moving it was too late for me. That boom was the finale of water shooting waaaaay up in the sky and of course what goes up must come down-all over me! It was like someone dumped a barrel of water over my head. I was completely soaked. I hear this guy who is talking on his phone laughing and telling the person on the other end "this lady just got bombed!"

On my first childhood trip, way back years ago when the MK parking lots were named after the Seven Dwarfs, we rode the parking tram back with an exhausted-looking older couple. All the way back from the TTC, the wife was just yelling and nagging at the husband over everything he’d done wrong that day, how he’d ruined their trip, he could never do anything right, and on and on. We were so embarrassed for him we wanted to sink through our seats. Finally she worked her way around to, “And I’ll be you don’t even remember where we’re parked! I told you to write it down! Do you even remember?”

He took a deep sigh, looked her right in the face, and yelled, “GRUMPY 116!”

We somehow managed to stifle our laughter until it was time to get off the tram.

I just got back less than 12 hours ago! We were having dinner at Le Cellier and the waitress was coming to collect our plates at the end of the meal. I really was done but saw there was still a piece of the pretzel bread on my bread plate. Anyone who has ever had that bread knows you don't let it go to waste! I grabbed the piece off the plate as she was picking it up and threw it right into my mouth. Well that piece was a little bigger than I realized and a piece flaked off and went down the wrong pipe. I wasn't choking but having an ungodly coughing fit. I had to pull the rest of the piece out of my mouth and into my napkin and try to regain my composure while the poor waitress was still finishing up. I still wasn't 100 percent so I excused myself to the ladies room. When I finally got back to the table I whispered to my mom what had happened and we both got into terrible fits of giggles. All that and I didn't even get to eat the dang bread!

It had been 5 years since we travelled with an infant to WDW. Our older son was six and his brother just turning 1. I waited with our oldest with the family in front of Small World while my wife parked the stroller with our youngest by the old sky ride(within sight of us). My wife approaches us alone until I ask, "Where's Joey"? I've never seen her run that fast. :scared:

We went to the last seating for Hoop Dee Do. We had planned to go to the Luau (staying at the Poly) but it was cancelled due to wind. The front desk told us to take the boat there and back. I questioned her in the timing for the boats and she assured us that there would be a boat to bring us back. We leave the hall, head directly to the boat dock and see no one else there waiting. I run back to check on the busses and they're pulling out. We wait, thinking that we see one coming. No boat. We have no cell phone with us because it was a few years ago. We keep waiting and start to panic, plus it's getting cold. Finally, we see a boat that looks like it's heading our way. It is but its in its way in and is the last boat out. The wonderful captain calls someone and takes us back to the Poly and told us the we had gotten really bad advice from the desk because the timing of the shows ending was past the closing of MK and the only boats running were heading back to park for the night. We still joke about standing on that dock and we've never gone back to hoop dee do!

My traveling partner doesn't do thrill rides so she waits while I ride. While a DHS I was riding ToT by myself as usual and was seated next to a woman who for some reason was sitting separate from her party. Well during the first drop she grabs my hand, when we start back up she releases it and starts apologizing profusely, again we drop, again she grabs my hand and again when we start back up she lets go and apologizes over and over, for the rest of the time, and we dropped 7 or 8 times she grabs my hand on the way down and apologizes on the way back up. When it was over and we were unloading I turned to make a joke about it with her only to see her racing out the exit! LOL

Having a total stranger walk up to me at DHS, get down on one knee and propose to me. Of course I stood there in shock and everyone around was watching, waiting for my answer thinking this was something genuine. I was mortified!!!
Was it a dare? I bet it was something like that....

This one is probably more embarrassing for the cast member than for me and my wife. We were honeymooning at the Wilderness Lodge (many years ago). We were youngish (me 24, her 23). My wife looked much younger apparently. We had told them it was our honeymoon. Well shortly after check in there was a knock on the door. My answered, and it was a cast member with a basket containing a complimentary bottle of champagne and 2 glasses. He asked her if here parents were available. I looked around the corner and once he saw me, his face turned VERY red, he shoved the basket into my wife's hands, said sorry and took off running down the hallway. Poor kid.

Let me say the DH and I have been married almost 21 years and do not have children.

DH met me at EPCOT one afternoon looking perplexed and a bit pale. I instantly knew something had happened. Seems after he got on the bus and sat near the back this cute child bounded up the bus, then those back steps, walked over to the lady sitting next to DH, lifted up her shirt and started breast feeding. DH said he wanted to go to a dark quiet corner and cuddle and rock himself to get the image out of his head. It was hysterical....he really didn't say much as we continued our trip around EPCOT. He and I are getting on the bus the next day and DH starts nudging me in the arm...this cute little boy hops on the bus wearing his birthday pin....that's him, THAT'S HIM !!! DH closes his eyes and looks away. The lady across from us asks " How old are you?". He says 5. I maintained my composure somehow..the look of shock on my husbands face was priceless.

Same trip. I am waiting on DH out by the Pleasure Island bus stop alone, because he decides to potty at DTD after a heavy dinner...sits on the toilet...which comes off the base of the floor, falls over and sprays water and potty contents everywhere, in his words "flooding everywhere!!!!!"...He was huffing and puffing as he walked quickly up to me asking if his pants were wet. So sorry to maintenence for that fiasco. The look of horror of making it out alive and intact was priceless.

Yet every year we return to Disney.

The year was 1988. My parent decided to surprise us with a trip to Disney by picking me up from middle school in a giant motor home...

One day my Dad went golfing and my mother took us to Epcot. One parent and five kids...at Easter...during Illumination my Mom starts screaming "Where is Clif?" and starts turning around and around in a circle...she was holding his hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter