What is your FAVORITE snack item?

skellinton

DIS Veteran
Hello,
In just 5 short days I will be cavorting through WDW for 10 days and was wondering what are you very FAVORITE items to buy with your snack coupons? I am not worried about value- just yumminess! (Although I have warned my traveling companions that if anyone uses their snack credit for a 99 cent pickle I will be forced to confiscate their card!). I haven't been to WDW for 4 years and I am afraid last time I used most of my snack credits on frozen coffees and cream cheese pretzels- so this time I would like to branch out!
What are some MUST haves, and where can I find them?
Thanks!!!
Skellinton

Hello,
In just 5 short days I will be cavorting through WDW for 10 days and was wondering what are you very FAVORITE items to buy with your snack coupons? I am not worried about value- just yumminess! (Although I have warned my traveling companions that if anyone uses their snack credit for a 99 cent pickle I will be forced to confiscate their card!). I haven't been to WDW for 4 years and I am afraid last time I used most of my snack credits on frozen coffees and cream cheese pretzels- so this time I would like to branch out!
Thanks!!!
Skellinton

Actually, pickles are 1 of the favorite snack items in my house. My DD-4 would rather have a pickle than chocolate cake. Is there someplace where we can get a full sour pickle for a snack credit?

In terms of indulgence, favorite snack would be several items from Aloha Isle, from simple fresh pineapple, to pineapple dole whip floats.

Hello,
Thanks!!!
Skellinton

LOVE the ham and cheese croissant at France's Boulangerie Patisserie. It is soooo good!!!

Popcorn-- I don't know what they do to make it so darn tasty, but it is the best popcorn on the planet. :rotfl:

My daughter likes to get an Itzakadoozie popsicle to snack on before the parades.

Also, they have new Mickey-shaped giant pretzels in Frontierland at MK that we will be trying our next trip. (20 more days!!!!:cool1:)

Of course, you can never go wrong with a Mickey ice cream bar or a giant Rice Krispie treat. We have the QSDP for our trip (did I mention we leave in 20 days?:lmao:) Between the 4 of us we will have 72 snack credits. SEVENTY-TWO!!!!!:hyper:

Have a great vacation!:thumbsup2

Please tell me where to find the frozen coffee?? I don't remember ever seeing that anywhere. :confused3 Anything from the French Patisserie is yummy!

This was in 2007- and it was in Tomorrowland. I am sorry I don't remember the place- and I don't know if they still have it. But it was delicious- it was like a coffee slushie!

Dole whip floats in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. YUM!

Cupcakes from Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary are really yummy too!

School bread from bakery in Epcot's Norway.

Kids love kaki-gori's in Japan.

Funnel cakes from Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom.

A Dole Whip float (MK).

Frozen coke from the Launching Pad in Tomorrowland (MK).

A jalapeño pretzel from AK. Yum! :)

I wish they had them in more of the parks. Go figure my favorite snack would be in my least favorite park. lol

Since on the 24th you only had 5 days to your trip (!), I'm assuming that right now you are running around the house like a chicken without a head, trying to get ready to go tomorrow!......but then, maybe you are a lot more organized than me!

If you read this - don't miss the MAGIC COOKIE BAR at the bakery in Port Orleans Riverside food court.....one warning - it is addictive & you will long for it the rest of your life or until you get another one!

Have a great trip!

Too bad you can't use a snack credit on those caramel apples with nuts or that are decorated like a mickey character ;)

MK: Dole Whip float

Epcot: anything from Sunshine Seasons bakery, the French bakery, Norwegian bakery, or Werther's Caramel Shop

AK: box of chicken fried rice from Yak & Yeti CS

DS: Cupcakes (Red Velvet, peanut butter/chocolate, or Butterfinger) from Starring Rolls or carrot cake cookie sandwich from Writer's Stop, white chocolate, raspberry, macadamia nut cookie from the Villians's Candy shop

DTD: Doh Bar (fried Snickers) from Cookes of Dublin

Resort: Magic cookie bar at PORS food court

My favorite snack used to be the dark chocolate covered mint slab smoothies at Goofy's or BW Bakery, but alas they no longer have them at either location.

When we went last time I had all these grand plans for things I was going to use my snack credits on. We went in late June and it was so hot, all I ended up getting bottled water with most of my credits!!! It was such a waste, but I just wasn't hungry because of the heat and did need water.

I have so been looking for a thread like this. Love talking Disney food! popcorn:: Here are my personal favorites:

Another vote for Dole Whip Float, Aloha Isle in Adventure Land
Chocolate cake, pastry shop in France (didn't get any on this last trip :sad2:)
Mickey ice cream bar, available everywhere
Cinnamon roll, Main Street Bakery (always get one for breakfast one morning)
New ones I discovered on the trip we just got back from:
Mango smoothie, Tamu Tamu in Africa, Animal Kingdom
Giant Mickey cookie, Writer's Stop in Hollywood Studios (they have lots of yummy stuff but this cookie cost more than a snack credit)
Various goodies, Karamell-Kuche in Germany.

Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to go back in January!!

I am definitely happy to chime in...makes me wish I was there though :sad1:

MK-

Main St. Bakery--
warm banana pudding (this stuff is sooo good, it's like a bread pudding and if you get it when they just take it out from the oven it's to die for)
The brownies and cinnamon buns are pretty darn good here too.
And although the ice cream cookie sandwich is no longer a snack credit I think it's a great bargain (at about $4) since it's the size of a small child's head!! Easily shareable among 4 people

Enchanted Grove-
Raspberry Lemonade Slush (great on a hot day)

Aloha Isle-
Dole Whip
-this pic is from Captain Cooks (self serve :thumbsup2), but still yummy either place

EP-

Sunshine Seasons--so many to list, but here are our favorites:
Key Lime Pie cheesecake
Apple Caramel Cake
Strawberry Shortcake

Boulangerie Patisserie--again, so many good things you can't go wrong, but here are our faves:
Napoleon and strawberry tart

Kringla Og (Norway) -
Rice Cream (even though it's a snack credit it's a bargain at about $2+, and we usually pay OOP for it)...this is one of my kids absolute faves!

DHS

Starring Rolls--we are split on this one, my fave is the chocolate peanut butter cupcake and hubby's is the red velvet cheesecake cupcake (BTW I did not like the butterfinger cupcake at all and I have a sweet tooth, and the Banana split cake, while beautiful, was horrible and I usually don't criticize food)...here's our pics of the cupcakes...

redvelvetcupcake.jpg

AK -- Not much worth spending a credit on here, but if I must...

Kusafiri-
Brownie Paw:thumbsup2

Sorry, everything I mentioned was sweet :rolleyes1

What resort are you staying at?? I'm sure I'll have more suggestions ;)

My favorite was also the previously mentioned dole whip float! Pineapple ice cream, with pineapple juice. One word. DELICIOUS! :goodvibes

White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake and can be found at Disney Animal Kingdom’s Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery....best thing ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter