What is your Disney shameful secret?

Here are my secrets....I hate the line for the Astro orbitor. You wait in line, go up an elavator and then wait in line again. :confused3 What?!

And also...I never knew the name of big thunder mountain until I was 13. Up until then I called it the name I had given it when I was 4...the "runaway chocho train" :rotfl:

I absolutely hate what the Disney Channel has become, so much so that I hardly think of it as part of the same corporation associated with the parks/movies, but let my two friends that are Disney fanatics along with me chat about it when we're together and try to actively listen.

Was not impressed at all by the Stitch ride.

Never been on Space Mountain and don't plan to. I'm just not a big fan of roller coasters (though I absolutely adore thunder mountain)

Still get scared of Splash Mountain. I was 6 years old the first time I went on it. I was also a very very gullible child. I looked down before the big drop and all I saw was the drop and the really really huge thorn bush that I thought was real. It was right at the point where they take the picture too so everyone else has their hands in the air smiling and there I am this small tiny child looking down face completely pale, scared as all heck, looking like I'm about to throw up. lol I was the butt of family jokes for a little while after that because of that picture and honestly the memory of that feeling still creeps up on me whenever I go back on it.

I've never even heard of a Dole Whip till I came on this board, have no idea what it is, and now afraid to even try it because of all the people that have said they got sick off of one. Being sick sucks but being sick at Disney :guilty::mad::(:sad2::confused:

I have never ridden Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Expedition Everest and because I don't like roller coasters I never will!

I can't stand Tinkerbell, and yet she's my mother's favorite character.

Also on the topic of characters I don't like Phineas and Ferb, they just annoy me for some reason.

I still watch Disney Channel for Good Luck Charlie (I think Charlie is adorable and I like Teddy and Amy) and Wizards of Waverly Place. I would be lying if I didn't say I have some of those stars music on my iPod...

I think the movie version of Pocahontas is really short and boring but I love the music.

I've never had a Turkey Leg or Dole Whip.

I don't like skool bread....I always try it but it just isn't my thing.

I hated tinkerbell till the new movies came out and made her seem less evil and one dementional.

I still really like the Disney channel...I have been known to rewatch wizards of waverly place shows more than once.

I absolutely hate what the Disney Channel has become, so much so that I hardly think of it as part of the same corporation associated with the parks/movies, but let my two friends that are Disney fanatics along with me chat about it when we're together and try to actively listen.

Honestly, I think TDC was at it's best when I was a kid. (I'm 23 so late 90's, early 2000's) They still showed classic Disney shows but their content during the day was new and fun and relevant to their brand.

stindall said:
Honestly, I think TDC was at it's best when I was a kid. (I'm 23 so late 90's, early 2000's) They still showed classic Disney shows but their content during the day was new and fun and relevant to their brand.

I agree 110%.... I am 24 and I sooo miss the Disney channel the way it was for us. Way better programming and variety!

GrahamOrlando said:
I've seen Tink with a hangover and it ain't pretty :eek:

Ive gotten messy drunk at manaquins.. not pretty

-I fell asleep during Captain EO.
-I secretly detest the South American Tour Groups and wish they wouldn't visit Disney World.
-On our last trip, I made DH take the kids to the pool so I could stay back and pack up our stuff to leave, but really it was so I can bawl like a baby for 30 minutes. It was the best family WDW to date and I was so sad to leave.

I dislike all the World Showcase 'shows' in Epcot but it is still my favorite park. :confused3

i wanted to go through the whole thread before posting, but cannot help it

mine..(dh's next)
1) resent my mother for never seeing the joy or the point of this type of childhood/childish behaviour/joy..so much so that i didn't even dream of going to wdw..might as well dream of mars.
2) i didnt know the golf ball was called spaceship earth and was a ride, i don't want to ride it...i have no idea why..i just like thinking it's an icon..
3) i LOVE pineapple but am terrified of trying a dole whip in case i hate it
4)thrill rides, NO NO NO NO
5) after reading this thread thinking i need to sanitize the seats if i ever were to ride HM...and that CM must bring popcorn to watch the tapes..
6) i KNOW the characters are guys in suits..but once i see them...i go giddy and if one actually pays attention to me, (vs my kids) i start crying like a baby....with the goofiest ugliest smile and the memory takes my breath away...(DORKY I KNOW)
7) before our first trip in 2010 ds didnt want to go (he was 6) so it was disney cartoons ALL THE TIME, and he developed a HUGE love for MIckey mouse...that still exists today...YEAH!!!
8) do not feel EPCOT is DISNEY..its a great place..but ....?????
9) i feel that way about AK, UNTIL i go, then i love it again
10) staying on property was ok..but i love our "housetel" as dd calls it, hot tub, kitchen, laundry, seperate rooms :cool1:...lol

and the big one

we moved to virginia from canada last summer and haven't been back...we are cancelling our trip up...(omg i am sooo ashamed) and planning 3 trips to wdw next year (while ds 2 is still free and we're getting an annual pass)

we can't even use distance...its about 15hrs home...and 12 hrs to WDW....sigh.....might not be facebooking these trips..LOL shhhhhhhhh

oh and i'm a potato head part junkie, and i LOVE watching the kids trade pins ...and get giddy when they gift one to mommy that she especially loves

dh...
also resents his parents and grandparents, they promised him yearly to rent a motorhome and take the WHOLE extended family to WDW...(ok so grand dad was a drunk but dh didnt see it) and the grown ups all chose tropical vacations and left the kids home :(

our retirement dresm IS to work the canadian pavillion !!!! and turn our grand kids into wdw junkies too (our ki9ds, 2,9,11, lol)

Between August 2012 and December 2012, I will have been to WDW three times. In the middle if these visits, I will be going to Disneyland Paris (for three days of my trip to London.)

mapleleafmom said:
NYCJoshua NOT shameful ....LUCKY and colour me ENVIOUS

Shameful because of the amount of money I am spending....but, I'm single and can spare it and have an Annual Pass.

GuysIWantACastle said:
* It's truly embarrassing how much money I spend on souvenirs.

* I've never seen any of the shows - not the movies the shows at the parks.

***Okay this list is kinda long so beware!
I've never watched the following movies:
Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, The Emperor's New Groove, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Wall-E, The Sword in the Stone, Treasure Planet, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Not really a secret but I get annoyed when people tell me I'm too old for Disney.

1. As long as you don't go broke, spend as much as you want on souvenirs. They will remind you of the great (or not so great) trip you had.

2. It's all about choices.

3. You must see some of those. My DD loves Wall-e but I can't stay awake. Home on the range is full of cows, again, DD favorite animals. Chicken little, the nerd saves the day! Meet the robinsons has the BEST quote ever, said by the t-Rex and you will know what I mean when you see it. Hunchback has fabulous musical numbers. You seriously need to see these films!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest