What is wrong with the Mayor of Baltimore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we all know that people burn the towns where they live. Not! These are outsiders trashing Baltimore. Exactly the actions that empower the authorities to come in and harness the hoodlums who continue to show civil disobedience.

Somehow I knew there would be a thread here on the DIS expressing outrage over the rioting. Meanwhile Walter Scott's murder didn't even warrant a mention here. The DIS is mirroring the sentiment the general public seems to be expressing; that destruction of retail space is, essentially, more devastating than the loss of black lives.

That said, it's horrifying to watch this unfold and I can only wish for the safety of everyone in Baltimore during this time. But I'm lacking the ignorance and naivete needed to jump on the righteous indignation bandwagon here.

I certainly feel for the families but I can ask the same question. Where is the reporting on black on black crime??? Where is the outrage by people in their community about that?

90% of black murders in Baltimore are committed by other blacks. Where is the outrage there? Where is that news coverage? The media is to blame for a lot of this terror. They fuel the flames every day crying racism.
Since blacks outnumber whites 2-1 In Baltimore, that isn't surprising.

Somehow I knew there would be a thread here on the DIS expressing outrage over the rioting. Meanwhile Walter Scott's murder didn't even warrant a mention here. The DIS is mirroring the sentiment the general public seems to be expressing; that destruction of retail space is, essentially, more devastating than the loss of black lives.

That said, it's horrifying to watch this unfold and I can only wish for the safety of everyone in Baltimore during this time. But I'm lacking the ignorance and naivete needed to jump on the righteous indignation bandwagon here.

If you felt it deserved a mention why didn't you mention it or start a thread about it, why was it others responsibility to mention it and not yours?

But no one seems to care about those black lives. The only ones in the news are if a white police officer is involved. That sells more newspapers and makes better ratings. Too bad it also divides this country and rewards bad behavior. A majority of cops in Baltimore are of a racial minority so not sure I understand what they are protesting.

Okay, here's one - people in those neighborhoods are statistically far more likely to be shot & killed by someone else from the neighborhood who is not legally permitted to own a gun, than they are to be shot & killed by the police who patrol the neighborhood while visibly armed.
Your point is that people are more likely to be killed by criminals than police? I should hope so.

Last edited:
Where's Obama in all this?? We worry about Isis destroying this country, but our undoing will come from within -fueled by those who have an agenda to pit race against race and class against class.

Those vile creatures in Baltimore are savages plain and simple, they attacked a woman in a wheelchair yesterday, the Mayor needs to pull her head out of her behind and realize that the savages are not the only ones with "constitutional rights"

Look at the news and you can see what a society looks like when police officers are not permitted to do their jobs. It certainly doesn't look like America to me. My prayers are with all those in law enforcement tonight. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be a cop and risk their lives for others just to be attacked or killed for trying to guard and protect these neighborhoods.

Our police & National Guard need to be able to get this kind of thing stopped. Bring in the police dogs, the water cannons, the rubber bullets ( that's what they're for ) Arrest the professional instigators that always come in. I am so sick of this crap. It's been going on all my life. I remember very well the riots in the 1960's in NJ and NY. It's nothing new and it's disgusting.

It's nothing new and it's disgusting.
What's nothing new and disgusting is Police forces getting away with using tactics like "rough rides" which result in a citizen's death... Nothing will ever change until these types of practices are eradicated. These types of events are the spark that ignite decades upon decades worth of anger, frustration, and hurt.

What's nothing new and disgusting is Police forces getting away with using tactics like "rough rides" which result in a citizen's death... Nothing will ever change until these types of practices are eradicated. These types of events are the spark that ignite decades upon decades worth of anger, frustration, and hurt.

As a civilized society, change doesn't require violence.

Terrible...just terrible. It's actually frightening to be honest - I wish nothing but the best for anyone living there, be safe.

Hmm... I'm not sure what you learned in school, but I remember hearing that the Civil War was pretty bloody (along with a few others...)

Hmm...I think it's interesting that you bring up the civil war. And even more interesting that the civil war era represents civilized society to you.

I'm not sure what you learned in school, but I learned about a judicial system and a Constitution.

These types of events are the spark that ignite decades upon decades worth of anger, frustration, and hurt.

Here's where is seems you are mistaken, as it appears that you think the riots are in some way justified. The man's death was the spark that ignited decades worth of anger, frustration, and hurt which resulted in the initial peaceful protests.

Those thugs who only want to destroy property, take what isn't theirs, and hurt others are using the protests as nothing more than an excuse to cause mayhem.

What is wrong with the Mayor? Nothing. She was not clear and she was vilified by some for it.

It saddens me that the protesters' points have been overwhelmed by the rioters.

Seriously. This thread is so full of disgusting, misguided narrative. Most of it is so focused on the surface of what's happening here. I'm not sure if it's because they really don't get the bigger picture or are just trying to ignore it. I guess ignoring it is easier to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter