What is up with the Cash n' Carry?????

laura6598

Earning My Ears
I just booked Tiffany Town Car for our transportation and they said they now go to the Cash and Carry instead of Publix. What is this store all about? Is it any good? We like our fruit and vegetables fresh and I just have never heard of this grocery store so I am a little apprehensive. Also is it truly only "CASH" like the name? Can you charge or write checks? This is another important factor!! Thanks so much. Leaving in 2 days!!! I am so excited!!!

Laura:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I think Publix puts Cash and Carry or Kash and Karry, whatever it's called, to shame.

I really miss not being able to shop at Publix since we don't live in Florida anymore.

Publix usually has great seafood, nice delis, great bakery depts., etc.

Relax :)

Kash and Karry is GREAT! large selection of fresh fruits and veggies, nice quality. The store is large, well laid out, and next to a liquor store as well. I actually prefer it to the Publix one exit down. They have a very nice wine selection.

And you can use a credit card--we've used both Visa and MC there, and they probably take AmEx and Discover as well I would imagine.

Anne

:D I would still stop at Kash and Cash and Carry.

It's just a weird thing for me. We had the best Publix by us when we lived in Florida and we really got to know everyone who worked there.

There was one lady who worked at the deli and she would always talk to my little boy and ask how he was doing.

For some reason, my DH went with us most of the time and he loved to pick out fresh Florida seafood.

We always make it a point to stop there when we vacation near our old home.

So don't mind me. I'm just a little attached to Publix:rolleyes:

I actually work for the same company that owns Kash N Karry (KNK as we call it) The stores all report up to our president, One of our SVPs was just named the president of KNK (a woman!! yay) and will be moving to Tampa soon. Hmmmm maybe I should get friendly with her.

I know there is a new KNK near WDW that is very nice. Many of the KNKs are being upgraded to be more competitive with Publix. They are formatting them like we do our own stores here in the Northeast - to be the leaders in meat and produce and customer service. We have very nice upscale stores, similar to the really nice Publix ones.

Being in the grocery business myself, I know very well about fussing over produce and only go to Publix when in FL. I haven't found the KNKs yet, but usually don't have a car either! If I ever confirm one as good as ours, I will go there. Publix has great produce, Albertson's is OK, but can be either way and Goodings is just awful.

And I don't want anyone to become wary of negative comments about KNK in front of me, I know not all the stores have been upgraded and some were not too nice. But they are trying to improve.......Just please don't make bad comments about Hannaford.......OK?

So what can I compare the Cash and Carry to? Is it more like a Kroger or Publix, or is it more a "local" type store? Also, you mentioned the deli, what kind of deli does the Cash and Carry have? We also eat ALOT of deli foods for our sandwiches!! I'm sorry for all of these questions, but I just want to make sure! Ok, one more question, is it "clean"?? I really hate to walking into a grocery store and its dingy!! Thanks!!

Laura

Originally posted by laura6598
I just booked Tiffany Town Car for our transportation and they said they now go to the Cash and Carry instead of Publix.

I've never been to a Kash n' Karry store. I have no idea how they compare to Publix. Maybe Kash n' Karry is better than Publix. Maybe not.

But a towncar company should allow us to choose any grocery company that has a store that's not too far out of the way. As the customers, my wife and I should be able to specify whether we want to stop at Publix, Kash n' Karry, Winn-Dixie, Albertson's, or Goodings.

When I book my next towncar reservation, I'll ask about the grocery stop.

If, in fact, Tiffany now insists on Kash n' Karry, I will find a different towncar campany. (Again, I'm not saying that there's anything bad about Kash n' Karry, but we like Publix and the products that Publix carries.)

If, on the other hand, Tiffany says the choice is mine, I'll get that name of the person who gives me that answer, and I'll ask the driver to go to Publix. I doubt the driver would refuse. (After all, the drivers depend on tips from happy customers.)

We used FL Tours and went to the KNK - I thought it had a very extensive selection certainly had everything we needed. If it had not been a good choice or not what we needed I would have asked for a stop at another store.

It was clean during our May trip

As for deli, sorry we are not big deli people so cannot help you there

Used VISA so not just cash

Thanks
jaysue

Just an FYI--The KNK they stop at is only a couple years old, very clean, large, brightly lit, and quite comparable to the newer Publix on 27 up in Clermont.

It's newer, and less crowded than the Publix off the Greenway, and easier to get in and out. I also think I can find things there a LOT quicker than at that Publix. The aisles are wider, too (one of my pet peeves!)

It's nicer than the Publix on 192 between World Drive and 27. It blows away ANY Goodings, including the one in Celebration, and any Albertsons, including the ncer one up in Altamonte.

Geezzzz....I've spent wayyyyyyy too much time in grocery stores while on vacation :o

Anne

<a href="http://www.FLTours.com">FLTours</a> also recommends the Kash-N-Karry (and will let you use their corporate discount card to save a few extra $$). If you'd prefer a different grocery, just tell them and they can stop there.

We have tried many different grocery stores and like this KNK as much as any. The deli has a good selection, the aisles are much wider- as was lready mentioned- and they accept credit cards also. This is a new store and thus far is usually not crowded and is right on the way from the airport.

Enjoy!

We have been to the Kash and karry in Tampa by Busch Gardens. And as others have said it was fine. The produce was nice and so were the meats. The prices were competitive. Where is the Kash and Karry near WDW? We have a car and usually end up at Super WalMart or Publix.
Thanks

I think in depends on the driver. We have always used Tiffany Town Car and I normally just tell them I want to stop at a Grocery store (I don't tell them which one). In March our TTC driver took us to the Kash N Karry and he gave us his discount card. This was really nice since it saved us a couple of bucks. The discount card also worked at he liquor store next door which saved us a few bucks as well. When we went again in May I asked our driver if he was going to stop at the Kash N Karry, he said "no, I like to stop at Publix". I told him the last guy stopped at Kash N Karry and gave us the discount card and that I really liked that, he said "yea, some of the drivers do that" and then he took us to Publix. I will ask when I call this year what is up!

On our last trip, we used FL Tours .

The driver asked us if we would like to try the Kash & Karry. What the heck, we gave it a try and were very pleased.

It was clean, very easy to navigate and the prices were great! Our driver gave us a discount shoppers card to use, which made the prices even more appealing.

I have no doubt that FL Tours would have taken me to whatever market I requested, but I have to say, I was very happy with KnK and will go there again.

OK everyone, I'm going to try it!! I trust this board, so we will be going to the Kash and Karry!! I sure hope our driver gives us his discount card too, that would be nice. I requested Larry as our driver (older gentleman who was very nice a couple of trips back) so I hope he has a card!! Thanks everyone! I am EXCITED!!
We leave Monday!!!!

Laura:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Laura--You can get your own discount card for free at customer service in the store just by asking. They'll activate it on the spot for you :) It only takes a minute to fill out the form.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite
Laura--You can get your own discount card for free at customer service in the store just by asking. They'll activate it on the spot for you :) It only takes a minute to fill out the form.

Anne
As far as I know this is probably true for any grocery store that has their own discount card.

We had a condo in Beaver Creek Colorado last year (not a DVC exchange:p ) that would be one week rental only. LIke many others, the local grocery store had a discount card. (The difference between prices with and without a card is amazing!).

We got the card, but didn't fill out a full form. When we told her we were just there for the week, they don't bother with the full form and don't put you on the mailing list. The whole thing took maybe 30 seconds tops.

Hey, thanks Caskbill and Anne!! I guess its like our Farmer Jack Bonus Savings Card here in Michigan!! And you're right, if you don't have a card, you don't get the sales!! I will go to the service desk first thing and sign up. I can't pass up the sales, I'm a bargain shopper (especially on vacations!!):p

Laura

Does anyone know of a deli or a grocery that sells Boars Head Deli Products in the area??

Janis

For those of us who rent cars, does anybody know the address of KNK or have directions how to get there from the airport?

Thanks!

Take the Greenway (417) South from the airport to Landstar Blvd. (It *might* be exit 4, but it's well marked with the street name) Get off the ramp, take a left at the bottom, go under 417, it will be just ahead on your right. You'll see it as you are passing under 417. It's about 1/10th of a mile from 417. Very easy to get to and then get back on 417.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter