What is the most annoying thing you encountered at Disneyland/California Adventures?

If I'm sitting next to a kid on a train, I don't know that he has autism. Autism is an invisible disability.

Even if I do somehow divinely know that he has autism, a stranger's kid sneezing on me is gross and rude. Period. It's someone else's bodily fluid landing on me. It's not okay. The disability has no effect on that. And saying a casual "sorry" and being annoyed that someone was annoyed about it is also rude.
I did take the time to apologize to the lady, and I meant it.

I agree with the above and think that they should have a "stroller check."

I feel like I see way too many people, even outside the parks who feel strollers can go wherever people can go. Strollers aren't people. They're almost like bikes. There are certain spaces where they should be off limits or checked and DL needs to reasonably accommodate that.

I agree, strollers don't bother me in general I understand they are hard to stop sometimes, the kids need to be in them, and the park is crowded with lots of people. But I don't like when people take their strollers in to the shops, especially the small shops and when the shops are really crowded. The shops weren't designed for strollers to be clogging the aisles.

And on that same note I don't like when people are clogging the entry way or aisles of the shops just waiting for the people they are with to get done. If the weather is good wait outside and enjoy the atmosphere of the park!

The incidents that happened to me is when a family of three went in the front area of the monorail. They wanted the front to themselves and didn't want to share. Am I wrong to think that they that should share? There was just two of us and three of them. They wouldn't even let us seat in the front by the windows! There was soooo much space! Is that a weird thing to complain about?

Another is the CM scaring people on the TOT intro part. This girl was white as a ghost but she wasn't into being scared as she was already freaking out.
I remember another is when I went on a few rides and there were teenagers talking to loudly during the intro during TOT and during the first part of POTC. It's weird!
Lastly, the fast passes. You get one from the machines and you get over to the rid and still wait 30 minutes than the posted time.

There was also a woman who complained about not getting to sit next to her BF when in the single person line for RSR. The CM looked at her and said, "If you wanted to go on with your BF you should have gone in the other line line up. We can't guarantee that you will be in the same car." This held up the single person line up for some time because she didn't want to listen until the last moment.

I am always amazed when people get in the single rider line thinking they can sweet talk the CM into letting them sit together in the same ride vehicle. THis past August my husband and I were behind another couple in the single rider line for Racers at DCA and the couple asked the CM at the load area if they could ride together. The CM gave the the spiel about it being the single rider line. Well, the CM sent the wife to the first load line, the husband to the back load lane effectively separating them. Then the CM sent me to the last load lane with the husband. I thought it was so funny! The CM could have seated the couple in the same car but deliberately did not! Good work on the CM's part!

I did take the time to apologize to the lady, and I meant it.

Okay, but you thought it was annoying and rude enough that SHE was annoyed to post about it here. Yet you don't seem to see the problem with your child sneezing on a stranger.

I have to agree with so many of you here.
The rude guests who think they can get in front of me or my family is what ikks me the most. I have waited 4 hours for good seats. Yep I took that night out for the fireworks. (even if they didn't go off as planed) or woc for 2 or 3 hours. I have seen the rude ppl and dealt with them my self. However I am one of those who will not let them budge me . I'm 5'1-5'2 depending on the day strange i know (High fives all the shorty's)
I wait I plan and I make the best of my trip. Ic an be an angel and like I did last year I let an elderly grandma sit on our bench with her granddaughter, the mom and dad stood by them but we had the room and I shared.

You get rude or play the I don't understand English (when i heard you talking English moments ago) thing on me and my halo disappears and the horns start to rise. The more you push me the sharper and taller they get.

I think this dec trip ill need to be more the devil and growling mama wolf, to keep other rude ppl away from my fam.

I also hate the stroller stuff. My ankles are bad enough and even walking (or running like last year) can get them to hurt for days after. Well bumping stroller make that so much worse. I have actually let strollers go in front me because I don't want them to ram me.

I hate the kids who think they deserve everything and scream or curse (adults too with the cursing) that they don't get what they want. My son looks at me all the time in fry's Walmart, and yes in Disneyland and says "Mom why do they do that, there parents say no, live to deal with it. You don't give me everything I want but I don't do that."
Have i said how impressed I am with my son sometimes!

Parents that let their kids hang on railings and chains in the queue annoys the heck out of me. They're not for sitting or hanging on!
OMG I know right? I see this and don't just think its wrong but they are gona get hurt. Stop! I have told a kid to stop before and the mom looked at me like i was being mean . I said they can get hurt and its not for hanging or sitting on. She just rolled her eyes at me.

To the sneezing issue yes its gross. I wouldn't be happy but I also might be a little more "its ok" because I have my own son and sometimes disabled or not you cant help a sneeze. Chill out ppl get a tissue and wipe it off. Its a natural part of life. Its gross so is a lot of things. We can chose our battles yelling or getting upset at a child for sneezing seems like a lot less of an issue than a lot of us are going through.

I don't have any problems with what other guests do at Disney. Really. Yes, I've seen some rude happenings but really I don't care and don't pay a whole lotta attention. I don't care about linecutters at all, I honestly believe the problem is overstated. Strollers, scooters, whatever gets you around. We go to DL about 25x a year and I have yet to leave with scuffed ankles. Swearing, definitely not something I've ever encountered enough at Disney to think it's a problem. Yeah, it happens occasionally but we don't even discuss it. Cause he knows he's not allowed to swear. Same with swinging on chains. I only parent my kid. I think it's wrong and don't like it when I see others doing it but that's on Disney, not me. For parades, if we want a front spot we get one and stay there, not leaving at all. Does wonders to keep your spot and we scoot together when it comes crunch time. As for the sneezing, yeah it's kinda gross but an apology would make things right with me.

Anyway, I'm definitely not saying these things don't happen ever at all. They certainly do. I just think they are more occasional and not such widespread bothers, unless you let them be. Disney is full of real world guests doing real world things, not all of them so great or considerate. But I don't care about them. I care about me and my kid and we always, always have a blast.

Anyway, I'm definitely not saying these things don't happen ever at all. They certainly do. I just think they are more occasional and not such widespread bothers, unless you let them be. Disney is full of real world guests doing real world things, not all of them so great or considerate. But I don't care about them. I care about me and my kid and we always, always have a blast.

I like this sentiment. In the moment I might be bothered by something. But I don't really remember any specific moments after the trip because I don't let these things bother me or ruin our fun. Usually something bothers me for a while, then I forget about it because we've moved on to having fun somewhere else.

The only thing that really gets me is lack of supervision of kids during table service meals. Just last week at
Napa Rose we were seated by the window behind a large party. Service was wonderful but at about an hour in the kids were restless running around making the poor servers and attendants job so much more difficult. The parents were so engaged in their own conversations they let them run around the tables. We weren't really affected and all the staff was incredibly professional and accommodating regardless. However other couples like us trying to enjoy a relaxing meal can be frustrating. However being Disney I expect kids at meals so I tend to let it pass in some ways.

However the one time at Carthay Circle when the parent was obviously intoxicated and making overly lewd comments with her young child was the one time I was so upset I got a manager involved. I really try to be understanding overall even though I don't really like kids because I am at a family theme park. I've met some amazing people and kids in lines too so with the bad many good things come too.

Sorry, but that is gross. Even if he's just sneezing from dust, I don't want some little kid sneezing on me, and I probably would have given you the stink eye too. Just because he didn't mean it, doesn't mean it's not gross. It's fluid coming out of a stranger's body onto you. She had no way to know if he was actually sick. Even if he wasn't, still gross.

If I'm sitting next to a kid on a train, I don't know that he has autism. Autism is an invisible disability.

Even if I do somehow divinely know that he has autism, a stranger's kid sneezing on me is gross and rude. Period. It's someone else's bodily fluid landing on me. It's not okay. The disability has no effect on that. And saying a casual "sorry" and being annoyed that someone was annoyed about it is also rude.

:offtopic: but one trip we flew from WDW to Cancun with DD who was 19months and a lap child, she was really well behaved and slept most of it unfortunately when she woke up she has sick, massively sick, over herself, me, my husband next to us and with such force the person next to him as well. (turns out she had an ear infection.)
We had a change of clothes for her and a change of top for me but nothing for DH and so nothing to immediately offer the man next to him, we apologized profusely, bought him a drink and offered to buy him a new set of clothes as soon as we landed. He was the most gracious and relaxed person about it, I can only imagine how gross I would feel if I had been in his position and I was so grateful that he did not get really angry with us.

I agree, strollers don't bother me in general I understand they are hard to stop sometimes, the kids need to be in them, and the park is crowded with lots of people. But I don't like when people take their strollers in to the shops, especially the small shops and when the shops are really crowded. The shops weren't designed for strollers to be clogging the aisles

It's all good when the kids are awake but when they are asleep there is sometimes not a lot of choice, and TBH, Disney doesnt have a lot of flexibility in that respect.

I hate the kids who think they deserve everything

This incident had my DS 10 annoyed - while exploring in a cave on Tom Sawyers island another child snatched my son's personalised Mickey Ears off his head and took off with them. My son chased him and managed to grab them back, this kid turned around and yelled at my son to give them back!

This still amazes him a year later and he brought it up this weekend when we were watching our DL photo movies.

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. Even though I try to be courteous and aware of my surroundings, at least until someone is rude to me, this is a good reminder especially with my trip coming up in a couple months.

:thumbsup2

Wow I just can not understand why any kid would think its ok to take something from another. Honestly I don't know how you parents dealt with it. I would not be very nice and the parents would not have liked me and yes id get on their kid if the parents are not around.

Its just so surprising to me how many parents should not be parents. They do not teach there kids at all.

Maybe luckily for that kid I actually didn't see it .... my 3 had gone into a smallish cave while I waited outside my oldest was 13 so he was along as the big brother and helped with the chase. I was beyond shocked!

My pet peeve is the lack of common courtesy of some people. They step on your foot or hit you and don't have the courtesy to say they're sorry. It isn't much but it can go a long way to acknowledge that you did it and regret it.

Children get wiggly bugs in line and I'm the first one to understand I have three now adult children. They were little once. But, allowing your children to climb in the planters at the line or to swing on the ropes doesn't cure their boredom as much as it sets them up to possibly get hurt.

Kids are going to be kids, but if the parents just stand there and do nothing, then I have a problem with that. We try very hard to make sure our kids are respectable to others. It really comes down to parents' behavior.

I think an incident that happened to me was that I was in the line to have the meet and greet with Thor. However, I realized I had lost my DM in the crowd and went back to find her and to bring her over as she wanted to join me. Long story short, they closed off the line (No more people allowed) which meant that we could not meet Thor and had to wait even longer in the overflow line because I left the line for two minutes. Ultimately, that wait would have been too long. There was nobody around to ask if we could possibly squeeze in. :sad::charac2:

Surprisingly, on our most recent trip from 10/30-11/2/15, did not encounter any rude people. Disneyland is such a fun place to be. We had a blast.

I absolutely can not stand when people run me over with their strollers! Sometimes then even give you a dirty look like why did you run into me? I'm sorry I don't have eyes behind me. So annoying. Haha

Other people haha that's what annoys me the most. People have a tendency to be rude, I understand they are just trying to enjoy their time at Disneyland but it would be nice if they would realize I am also trying to enjoy my time. Also people who don't realize how difficult it is to menuever through a crowd with a stroller, they like to cut me off when I am pushing my stroller because I am keeping a distance from the person in front of me so I dont hit their legs so people use that space to squeeze in and I end up hitting them and then they get mad!

The most annoying thing at Disneyland I encountered on our last trip in October occurred when I was in the parking lot of the DLH. I had to lift my foot and place it on the stairs of the Disneyland Express bus to head back to the airport and I said to myself "well that's it. Vacation: over. Back to work and bills and commuting and traffic and sleeping in a bed I have to make myself". Thanks Disneyland for making my regular life so annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter