• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most annoying thing you encountered at Disneyland/California Adventures?

AcuraTL

Mouseketeer
Mine is by far after you have waited at a good spot for an hour for the parade and a family comes by and try to squeeze in between your family members at the last second and blocks your view and make it uncomfortable for you. Also, don't get me started on those iPad users holding it up blocking everybody during parade and fireworks.

Ditto, rude people are at the top of my 'annoyed at DL' list. Actually, the whole list probably consists of rude people. Last minute parade squeezers, kids on shoulders, and flash photos on dark rides are the main ones that come to mind. But at the end of the day, they and their families have to live with their rude selves and I just have to tolerate them for a few minutes.

I was sitting watching a parade and this family behind me had a small child that kept touching me and leaning on my back. He was also breathing heavily in my ear and it was so gross and annoying. I asked him to stop touching me, but he didn't, and his parents were totally clueless and paying attention to other things. Worst parade experience ever.

I was sitting watching a parade and this family behind me had a small child that kept touching me and leaning on my back. He was also breathing heavily in my ear and it was so gross and annoying. I asked him to stop touching me, but he didn't, and his parents were totally clueless and paying attention to other things. Worst parade experience ever.

That's the worst when they make you uncomfortable and you have to think about that instead of watching the parade. That had happened to me on several occasions.

LOL, I cannot imagine a child doing that to me. I'd be shrugging the critter off. No child gets to hang on me 'cept my own!

My biggest pet peeve are strollers, more specifically getting rammed in the heels by them. People need to do better about paying attention to where they are steering those!!

One of the only sour notes of my recent trip was the one EMH we decided to spend getting on Peter Pan... we were about ten families back, and they were still testing the ride. No one let us know how long it would be. We all stood there for 20 minutes before anyone was let on. I talked to City Hall about it, they basically shrugged and said that it happens. Mentioned it to @DisneylandToday on Twitter, and they hooked me up with 5 re-admit passes (like Fastpasses you can use anywhere). Thought I hit the jackpot, used one, went to use another the next morning and they had expired. No one told me they were only good same-day. Oh well.

We were sitting on the sidewalk waiting for the Pixar Parade to start for about a hour before the show. Then when the show started these two kids from behind us walked right in front of us and sat down blocking the view of my kids. The CM came over and told them to back up, which they did INTO us, I looked around for the parents but nope, no sign of them that I could see. We made room, reluctantly and were all squished together and they still sat on their knees and blocked us sometimes . Then halfway through the parade the sister came to join them and I told her No, I am sorry no more. It was so frustrating. I mean, we were all SITTING so people behind us could stand and watch if they wanted....

We were sitting on the sidewalk waiting for the Pixar Parade to start for about a hour before the show. Then when the show started these two kids from behind us walked right in front of us and sat down blocking the view of my kids. The CM came over and told them to back up, which they did INTO us, I looked around for the parents but nope, no sign of them that I could see. We made room, reluctantly and were all squished together and they still sat on their knees and blocked us sometimes . Then halfway through the parade the sister came to join them and I told her No, I am sorry no more. It was so frustrating. I mean, we were all SITTING so people behind us could stand and watch if they wanted....

I guess I'm mean, I would have been like no, absolutely not, move along. I do this at concerts too, which I go to a lot. I wait a long time to get a good spot and then teenagers (usually) come and try to stand in front of me. I get a little crazy eyed and tell them no way, if they wanted that spot, they should have been waiting the same amount of time as me. The crazy eyes alone usually work and they decide to go tick off someone else further up.

My husband and I got a great spot for the Christmas parade this last November right in front of IASW, right on the line across the street from the VIP tour seating. Right before it started, a family of 5 came under the rope and the mom basically pushed against my husbands back the entire time. I tried give her a "Are you serious?" look and mutter nonsense, but she acted like she didn't speak English. If they had asked, we probably would have scooted to make room for them, but ugh. Those are the people who annoy me the most. People who show up at the last second and think they deserve space that someone waited a long time for.

I can top that....we were waiting for PTN a few months ago and I had bought my 4 YO son a light-up Mickey staff. There were two kids sitting behind us that kept insisting he HAD TO SHARE it with them. They kept trying to grab it and take it from him, and then crying when I wouldn't let them have it. I was seriously annoyed. I finally had to take it away from my son and not let him play with it, even though I'd bought it for him, because these kids thought they were entitled to what he had. I couldn't figure out who/where their parents were....finally, the boy one last time tried to get the toy and said "he has to share"....and I turned around and said "NO! HE DOES NOT!" and the kid left him alone after that.

But seriously, if you're at my house as a guest or on a play date, then yes...my son should share his toys with you. But a stranger in a park who wants something that I specifically bought for my son to play with? I don't think so! Go ask your parents to buy you one....you aren't "entitled" to anything you want.

Man, I was pissed.

I can top that....we were waiting for PTN a few months ago and I had bought my 4 YO son a light-up Mickey staff. There were two kids sitting behind us that kept insisting he HAD TO SHARE it with them. They kept trying to grab it and take it from him, and then crying when I wouldn't let them have it. I was seriously annoyed. I finally had to take it away form my son and not let him play with it, even though I'd bought it for him, because these kids thought they were entitled to what he had. I couldn't figure out who/where their parents were....finally, the boy one last time tried to get the toy and said "he has to share"....and I turned around and said "NO! HE DOES NOT!" and the kid left him alone after that.

But seriously, if you're at my house as a guest or on a play date, then yes...my son should share his toys with you. But a stranger in a park who wants something that I specifically bought for my son to play with? I don't think so! Go ask your parents to buy you one....you aren't "entitled" to anything you want.

Man, I was pissed.

Good for you!! I'd be the same way! I hate that stuff with a passion!!!

Our first time seeing WOC, DH, our two kids and I had waited for a while in line before the show. We got to talking to two ladies (with two kids) in front of us, etc. We shared glow sticks with the kids to keep them busy and it made the time go faster. Once we were finally in the show area, we lined all 4 kids up along the railing and the 4 adults stood behind them. Everyone else continued to fill in around us and some behind us. Right as the show was about to start, an older woman holding a baby came up and tried to squeeze in between me and the woman next to me (and we were already packed in). She proceeded to elbow me until I turned around and looked at her. She still didn't stop so I finally turned around and said "No, you aren't getting in front of me." She moved down to the other side of the ladies we were standing with and started the process over on another woman.

Also during Fantasmic, when you thought you got a great spot with unobstructed view. Right when the show starts, several people in front of you prop their kids on their shoulders and block your view and there's nothing you can do about it.

One time a lady was breathing down my neck in line for TSM. I am normally a patient person but I had to tell her to back up in a not so nice way because I lost it. I had to tell her the line was not going to go any faster the closer she got to me.

One time a lady was breathing down my neck in line for TSM. I am normally a patient person but I had to tell her to back up in a not so nice way because I lost it. I had to tell her the line was not going to go any faster the closer she got to me.

My favorite thing to do to combat this is to bend over and "accidentally" bump them with my butt. ha ha That usually gets their attention and causes them to back up. "Oh I'm sorry, I didnt realize you were so close to me!" :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hate those battery powered bubble wands and they annoy the snot out of me sometimes. Please don't flame me for this comment:duck::duck:... Don't get me wrong, under normal crowd conditions they don't bug me, but when the parks are crowded heavily you just can't escape the bubbles. Those floating bubbles land on your camera, clothes, glasses etc. And strollers that ram into the back of your heels and leave nasty sores. I have nothing against strollers in general. I know they have a valid purpose in the park for younger children. I wish just some parents would be a little more careful, and apologize when you've done damage to a persons heels. Otherwise the normal things just don't bother me, as I tend to be very laid back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter