What is the longest time you have been away for vacation?

Almost a month.....Split between Norway, Sweden, Belgium and The Netherlands.

We spent 3 weeks in Russia. We had spent a week there the month before, for a total of 4 weeks.

WDW is usually 7-12 days.

We've taken a lot of 2 week vacations to Europe. We spend a week in one country and then the second week in another country.

Really, I'll hardly leave the house for less than a week. And to be honest, I prefer a minimum of ten days.

Three weeks. We went to Hong Kong, Beijing and Japan back in 2007. It was really fun but I was really ready to be back home.

Almost 4 weeks. We went to England and Israel. We are going to England and then a cruise in Sept. but that is going to be just over 2 weeks.
tigercat

Five months, touring national parks and other sights. Usually we go out for three to four months at a time. Yep, retired and we travel in a RV.

We never go to Florida for less than 10 days. Usually it's 12-14. If we're flying all that way might as well make it worth it.

Many years ago I took 3 weeks off to do a cross country road trip.

Three weeks - several times:

• Around France about 10 years ago
  • At the Poly when I was 15 (grandmother was having chemo in Florida so my mom flew down and basically dropped my brother and me off at the Poly)
  • England right after college

We do a two-week vacation every other year or so, somewhere in Europe.

Our longest trip was this past March. It was 15 days long. We went to Laguna Beach, California just my husband and I. Flew back to Minneapolis picked up our girls and flew back out to Orlando for 11 days. It truly was a trip of a lifetime!!

When I was growing up we would go to Orlando for 3 weeks over Spring Break. That is when we would get a two week Spring break and I would miss a week of school. Those were the best trips.

16 days in WDW for my 40th Birthday and covered Christmas and New Years of December of that year since I'm a Christmas Eve Baby!!!

16 days at WDW. The kids and I flew down a few days before DH, and we had a grand time. We were able to enjoy some non-park activities (pool days, etc.) before the "park commando" arrived.

Also enjoyed taking in all the sights on a 2 week trip driving from NY to Cali.

Our longest trip was this past March. It was 15 days long. We went to Laguna Beach, California just my husband and I. Flew back to Minneapolis picked up our girls and flew back out to Orlando for 11 days. It truly was a trip of a lifetime!!

When I was growing up we would go to Orlando for 3 weeks over Spring Break. That is when we would get a two week Spring break and I would miss a week of school. Those were the best trips.

What a great idea to go on a couples trip then come back and take the family somewhere! I'll have to do that sometime. Will have less guilt about going on couples only LOL

I spent just over a month visiting my grandmother in Amsterdam when I was a teen. I think that the longest as an adult was also in Holland but I stayed with an uncle and only stayed for 20 days.

My kids are with their grandparents ( my mom and her BF) for a 2 month cross country trip. They are currently in Yosemite. DH and I are meeting them next week to visit LA and DLR.

Longest family vacation 9 nights DCL and Universal Studios, last year.

Longest was a month and second longest was 3 weeks, the funny thing is those 2 trips mirrored each other in a lot of ways, and both included a work conference for DH. They were both road trips as well, and because of the age difference with our girls we only had 1 girl with on each of the trips.

On the longer trip we visited... (Had oldest DD with, she was almost 6 years old at the time)
The Black Hills (Wall Drug, Flintstones Park, Custer State Park, Bear Country, Mt. Rushmore)
Yellowstone National Park
Colorado (work conference in Keystone)
New Mexico - stayed with family - (4 Corners, Mesa Verde)
Grand Canyon
California (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal, Hollywood, the ocean)

The 3 week trip included... (Had younger DD with, she was 11 years old)
Arizona (work conference in Phoenix area)
San Diego (Sea World, SD Zoo, Wild Animal Park, USS Midway, the ocean)
Anaheim (Disneyland and California Adventures)
Grand Canyon
New Mexico - stayed with family - (4 Corners, Mesa Verde, Durango, CO and Albuquerque)
Oklahoma City

For a plane trip vacation, it would be to Orlando or San Francisco. Both were about 10 to 11 days.

We are currently in the middle of a 21 day road trip.

Curious about where you're going and/or where you've been? Car or RV? What an adventure! :)

To answer the OP question, longest vacation was 14 days. Fun, but I was ready to come home!

The summer after I graduated high school we went on about a 3 week trip. I believe we started in Charleston, went to Myrtle Beach, Savannah, WDW, and ended up in Clearwater FL for a few days at the end. I cannot imagine the planning my mom had to do (pre-Internet!) and the money it cost. But my dad was traveling constantly for work so I believe we all flew for free in first class, and some of our hotels were free too. But still! The food cost alone makes me shudder. It was an amazing trip, and our last real family vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter