What is the laser show like?

dalmation102

Earning My Ears
To Barry or anyone else who has been to SW recently ---I would like to know what the laser show and fireworks are like.

Is it anything like Fantasmic at MGM?

We are heading on to another destination 90 minutes away to spend the night. However, my son LOVES laser shows and fireworks and I want to know if it will be worth it for us to stay to see it.

About what time does the laser show start? Does everyone have to get in Shamu Stadium to see it?

Any info or details you can give will be helpful. Thanks.:D

The Rock N Rockets fireworks show is nothing like Fantasmic. I would compare it more to Illuminations, but without the big globe. I enjoyed the Rock N Rockets show. It's better than the previous fireworks show. Actually, everyone goes into the Bayside Lagoon theater to see it. It's good to actually sit and relax while watching fireworks. You can also siton the grass beside the lagoon, but you can't see the laser part.

We we're at SeaWorld July 4th for the show.

The Orlando Philharmonic played. They did a show at about 9pm after the SHamu show, and another at 10:30pm. They play on the stage in front of the ski show. The fireworks go off from the bardge in the middle of the lake, which has a musical mural projected on it. The orchestra played about 6 tunes to start, all classical, most with July 4th themes. A female singer joins the group for a couple songs. Then they play the 1812 overature and the fireworks go off. This part of the show only lasted about 10 minutes, it was a short fireworks display. It was very good to watch, but short. I heard rumors they cut it back this year because of the dry weather, who knows. I can see them cutting it back on the days leading up to July 4th, but on the day itself, they could have gone all out.

If you go next year, skip the Shamu show and get to the ski stadium 1 hour early. We got 3rd row seats to the left of the orchestra. The stadium was already full, and then the Shamu show let out and even more people descended on the stadium, it was completely full with people sitting in the grass on both sides. It sounded great, the orchestra was wonderful, but the fireworks part was short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter