What is DCL Up to Now?

I "Wonder" if the Panama Canal Cruise is actually going to turn into a Hawaii cruise. The Wonder is listed in Hilo on 16th and 23rd September, in Nawiliwili on 15th and 22nd September, at Kahului on 17th, 18th, 20th and 21st September and in Honolulu on 19th September. So this looks like two one way cruises to me with a turn around in Honolulu. I have not found the Wonder anywhere at the other end yet as she could not go to a US port, but it is intriguing.

Corinna

Where would this cruise start from?

:cutie:

NancyIL said:
Don't get your hopes up, because the Wonder has been on those Hawaiian port calendars for quite a few months. I also expected to see two one-way cruises between Vancouver and Honolulu in September 2013, but that's not what DCL announced in July 2012.

While I do agree with you that hopes should not get up, I find it off that DCL has not told those ports in Hawaii that they are not coming. I mean why keep the Pier space reserved if you are not going?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

DCL is going to irritate a lot of people if they keep monkeying with itineraries once they have been announced!

I think that they already have irritated a lot of people with all the changes they have already made to existing itineraries over the past two years.

lbgraves said:
I think that they already have irritated a lot of people with all the changes they have already made to existing itineraries over the past two years.

I'm sure they change the itineraries when they think they stand to gain more than they lose by irritating those of us who book opening day.

You're right; I should've said a lot more people!

With only 4 ships - it shouldn't be that difficult to plan itineraries. It seems whoever is doing the job now is incompetent.

I know that based on the past two years between the Med cruise shuffle and contracted cruise, the cancellation of the late 2012 MRs, and the two revisions so far of the cruise itineraries out of TX I would NOT book a cruise on the Magic or Wonder right now. I simply don't need the stress that seems to be connected to it until they find someone who can set an itinerary that they will keep.

lbgraves said:
I know that based on the past two years between the Med cruise shuffle and contracted cruise, the cancellation of the late 2012 MRs, and the two revisions so far of the cruise itineraries out of TX I would NOT book a cruise on the Magic or Wonder right now. I simply don't need the stress that seems to be connected to it until they find someone who can set an itinerary that they will keep.

As a Texan, I'm booked anyway and hope mine stay. Or that they change to cruises I also want.
:confused:
What else can I really do?

I agree. This is becoming a pattern with DCL. Poor sales lead to massive discounting and if that doesn't work, scrap the whole itinerary and move the ship... after bookings have been opened for awhile. It's like a weird game of musical chairs. :laughing:

I just emailed my TA at Dreams Unlimited asking for confirmation of or cancellation of the September 2013 PC cruise. Will let you know what I hear.

If it is cancelled, we will come up with Plan B.

Jan

From what I can tell at the moment the cruises that are "sold out" are all cruises that port in Falmouth, Jamaica. Although this doesn't include the September 2013 PC cruise so that is still questionable.

7 Night Western Wonder Oct & Nov 2013
7 Night Western Fantasy May-Aug 2014

Raspberry Beret said:
Have a Plan B. ;)

We're booked in the Walt for our 10th Anniversary. What plan B do you suggest? Maybe the Grand in WDW? Problem is, when you add airfare x4, it kills it.

septaboy said:
From what I can tell at the moment the cruises that are "sold out" are all cruises that port in Falmouth, Jamaica. Although this doesn't include the September 2013 PC cruise so that is still questionable.

7 Night Western Wonder Oct & Nov 2013
7 Night Western Fantasy May-Aug 2014

Idk. Half these cruises did not port in Jamaica. They started messing with these a while ago.

I'd love to cruise to Hawaii, and I wouldn't have to fly to cruise from Vancouver, yet I still couldn't do a September cruise to Hawaii. Ten to twelve days in September is a hard sell for most families with school age kids.

I think the real problem Disney is having is that they are desperately trying to find an itinerary that will bring in top dollar from the classic ships and it's just not in the cards. Disney wants to charge $150 per person per night minimum and they don't seem to care who they inconvenience in the hunt for top dollar.

I think anyone who books on the classic ships these days needs to be very flexible or have a plan B.

What I think is that someone was making an adjustment, tweaked something, coding went haywire and then it was their time off for the holiday. Lol! Bet it's fixed tomorrow and all this speculation was for nothing! Haha. ;)

But, seriously, who knows! Sure keeps things interesting while we wait for the rest of 2014 to come out.

We're booked in the Walt for our 10th Anniversary. What plan B do you suggest? Maybe the Grand in WDW? Problem is, when you add airfare x4, it kills it.

It's your anniversary cruise so it's probably best that you develop your own back up plan. ;)

Seriously though, considering how DCL has been changing things, especially for the two classic ships. IMO, it would be in the best interest of anyone booked on either of those two ships on itineraries that are not selling well to be prepared for a change of plans.

I just got off the phone with CM Rachel at DCL. She was quick to tell me that the website has some "glitches" and that the PC September 2013 is a go, as well as fall 2013 Galveston cruises. Will check the website tomorrow to see if glitches have been corrected.

Jan

I just got off the phone with CM Rachel at DCL. She was quick to tell me that the website has some "glitches" and that the PC September 2013 is a go, as well as fall 2013 Galveston cruises. Will check the website tomorrow to see if glitches have been corrected.

Jan

Sure! They seem to be the last to know about everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter