what have you done to make camper beds more comfy?

rimmer

Mouseketeer
We have an '05 coleman pop-up. The mattresses are suppose to be the best they had in '05 but they are really hard and I wake up with body parts asleep and headaches. Can you give me some advice on what to do or other mattresses to use? We are staying at the fort beginning 3/29 and I'm really loosing my excitement thinking about how uncomfortable nights will make my early morning visits to the parks grumpy ones. :headache:

I've gotten tougher - what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger! :lmao:

Actually, we used to put in extra foam pads.

We only use one end of our hybrid for sleeping (dogs are on the other end) so we double up the mattresses on our side AND put a memory foam pad- super comfy.

Our last TT had an awesome pillowtop mattress, we didn't have to anything to it, but the new TT had a back killer, spring filled, kidney poking thing we hated. It was so bad we went to the store and bought a 2" memory foam topper, and then the sales lady suggested another thing... (I am a guy, I can't remember what its called) but it is a fiber filled mattress topper that wraps around the sides and under the mattress. We put the MF on then the topper and it holds it all together so it doesn't shift around. Well now it's like sleeping cradeled in angel wings floating on a cloud... well not quite that good but a heck of a lot better :lmao:

When we bought a new mattress for our bed at home we bought the same one and had it cut to fit the TT bed.The was no way I could ever sleep on the old mattress for any lenght of time. This one works great - very comfortable

we bought a 2" memory foam topper from kohls. waited til they were on sale and got another 30% coupon.

if this pad wouldn't of worked for us i would of put in an air matress.

the other thing you can do is find a place that re stuffs furniture. they sell blocks of foam (in different firmness and thicknesses) and will cut to your specs. we did this for our truck camper. we couldn't re-use the foam because we started using pieces off of it for other things.. :laughing:

Ditto on the air mattress. We put it on top of the foam mattress in the Hybrid so we get the extra insulation, too. It makes for a high bed, but boy, is it a good night's sleep. I prefer it to our own bed in the house and often sleep in the trailer during the summer months.

:) For our hybrid we went to Wal-Mart, picked up 2 foam mattresses, reasonably priced, much better than before, can actually get a good night sleep now.

For those of you that used foam pads, are they just foam or the egg crate? We had memory foam on our bed at home and dh hated it and threw it out :scared1: Men... never listen :rotfl2: I'm assuming the memory foam would not be as "soft" (which is what he hated) on our camper mattress as it was on our bed at home is that true?

:cool2: When we went to Wal-Mart we were looking for egg crate, but they had something a little better, not really sure what to call it, it's kinda wavy, we bought 2 queen size, use one on top of the other, then put fitted sheet, then the other sheet and comforter, works well, :thumbsup2 we've been sleeping a lot better for the past 2 summer's.

Aero Bed with a quilted mattress pad topper. It is a little tall, we use a foot stool to help get in and out but it's very comfortable.

:cloud9: the egg crate mattress pad from Bed Bath and Beyond also helps "real" queen size sheets stay put in the "rv queen" bed - and helps my old tired bones rest after a long day on the road:cloud9:

Wow, Thanks everyone for all your responses. We bought a memory foam/eggcrate combo mattress topper from Walmart and a nice mattress pad to hold everything together. I'll let you know how it works. I'm deffinatly feeling much better about this trip. Only 7 days to wait :cool1::cool1:
Thanks again, I know I can always count on my fellow disers to help me out :thanks::disrocks:

:goodvibesWake up earlier, stay out later, play harder all day, eat lots of junk I"m so tired I fall right to sleep!:lmao: Repete as needed.:banana:

used an egg crate foam thingy when we had the hybrid...now that we have the mthm, we have a featherbed that we put on top because it is not comfy without it...

Our last TT had an awesome pillowtop mattress, we didn't have to anything to it, but the new TT had a back killer, spring filled, kidney poking thing we hated. It was so bad we went to the store and bought a 2" memory foam topper, and then the sales lady suggested another thing... (I am a guy, I can't remember what its called) but it is a fiber filled mattress topper that wraps around the sides and under the mattress. We put the MF on then the topper and it holds it all together so it doesn't shift around. Well now it's like sleeping cradeled in angel wings floating on a cloud... well not quite that good but a heck of a lot better :lmao:

this is what we did too, we couldn't believe the difference. it feels like an expensive mattress and barely cost $50. You fall asleep almost instantly when you lay down, no stiffness in the morning anymore from that flatboard thing they call a mattress. It's even better than my expensive Sealy at home!

In our popup we used to use a king air matress. In our Hybrid. Its a queen. We ended up buying a slab of 4 inch foam and had them cut it in half lengthwise. We then put them in seperate cloth bags. We put them on the bed with a queensized sleeping bag as a topper. We then put a heated matress pad on it to (a) hold it together and (b) add heat in the cooler months or in the summer get the dampness / humidity out of the bed before sleeping. Works great. Almost as comfie as the bed at home lol. not really but as good as it's going to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter