What has Disney removed that makes you the saddest?

Probably already been mentioned, but:

the good 'ol paper Fastpasses! (especially when the allowed return window was anytime after the start of the 1 hour FP window)

Dan

The Characters at LTT. That was our annual meal with the kids and were always excited to see the changes in them every year:(

Same with Minnie and Mickey's houses. The kids sat in Minnie's chair together when they 2 and 3 years old and the last time they were 12 and 13. Bummer we wont get that shot any longer!

I hate the entire MDE, fastpass+, magic band system. I yearn for the days past when you made your hotel reservations and decided when you got out of bed each morning which park you were going to. I don't like having to preplan everything I'm going to do each day. My upcoming trip in three weeks will be the 1st since the new technology has been implemented. I received my magic bands several days ago and I just can't imagine having to wear them every day - they seem very uncomfortable to me.

I also don't like what's been done to the Grand Canyon Concourse at the Contemporary Resort. All of the clutter that is now in the concourse, especially the big Fantasia store which now sits in the middle of it. :(

I miss the good old days! No micromanaging every minute of our trip. Walking up to ANY restaurant and getting in without being turned away. I miss when there was no free dining. Characters roaming around the parks freely. Classic rides like Horizons. Soon to be Maelstrom! I am really going to miss it.. It has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid! I miss when LTT had characters too! It was one of our must dos each trip.

The awesome promotions- buy 4 nights, get 3 free! Anyone remember that? We always took advantage of that great deal!

As much as i still love WDW with all of my heart, I can't help but say... Disney giveth, Disney taketh! :sad2:

I miss Toontown, especially this time of year.

I'm also a little distraught to have learned they no longer bring out Cinderella' s carriage for photo ops at MNSSHP.

The ongoing destruction of the Norwegian pavilion
Horizons
World of Motion
Journey Into Imagination
WS entertainment
Mr Toad

Funny how most of mine are in Epcot.

I am bummed about Toontown and missing Mickey and Minnie's house. I know my toddler would have really enjoyed that.

Also I am not a fan of getting the fast passes ahead of time. I am a planner, but I feel like we have to schedule a little too much ahead of time.

The authentic country-specific merchandise in the country stores in Epcot. They all sell popular garbage now.... So sad.

I didn't have time to read all 31 pages so I'm not sure whether this one has been mentioned, but I miss the original Chef Mickey's when it was a fabulous sit-down restaurant in Downtown Disney. It was a fabulous meal in a great location and nothing like the chaotic meal it has become. Characters spent time with you and when Chef Mickey came to the table, even the grown-ups felt like he had personally cooked our meal.

I miss WDW in the 90's for numerous reasons. Crowds and current management being 2 major ones.

Off Kilter. Epcot will never be the same without them.

They were great. I'm so sad reading this thread. I miss the Adventurer's Club, Horizons (is that the one where you pick the way you return?), World of Motion (the smell of sulfur will always remind me of it), Imagination (I have a Figment figurine that must be 20+ years old). One thing I miss is the Penny Arcade on Main Street. It's all shops now. I hate it. I remember when Main Street was like small town Main Street. Now there's a souvenir shop every few feet. No.

I read about all of the changes and I haven't been back with my family in 5 years or so. After reading all of the additions/subtractions I doubt we'll be going back anytime soon, which makes us very sad. I don't like FP+, I can't plan that far in advance. I loved being able to visit one park, do whatever, go back to our resort, then hit another park in the evening. Doing so much advance planning takes the fun and "magic" out of everything. The only advance planning I did was dining reservations.

I'll be in the corner crying now....

Breakfast at The Top of The World! If you Had Wings (miss you Eastern Airlines!!) Horizons. World of Motion. Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Main Street Bakery.

Will also be in the crying corner.

Off Kilter. When an attraction I liked goes away I think "oh that's too bad". The loss of Off Kilter feels like so much more. :( :( :(

Off Kilter (Even though they are there until Saturday). We have been building our Epcot days around them for years. We bought into the DVC several years ago and have enjoyed knowing we can visit more often and see our favorite group perform. Now we can look forward to Lumberjacks. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter