What has Disney removed that makes you the saddest?

1. DDP that included appetizer and tip
2. Snow Whites Not So Scary Adventure
3. Mr. Toad
4. The Sky Buckets
5. Parade at AK
6. Honey I Shrunk the Audience
7. Wonders of Life Pavilion
8. Soon to be the Photograph that was included with CRT
9. Chicken skewers at Ohana
10. Crab Legs from Cape May
11. TIW without the additional block out dates
12. YES program ticket prices from a few years ago & variety of programs
13. 2004 Ticket prices. (found some old tickets with +features still available...planning to make use of these next trip) or even better ... ticket prices from 1979 -my first trip.
14. The Little Mermaid Splash area where new FantasyLand is now.and the former 20,000 Leagues under the sea.

Epcot's Lights of Winter during the holiday season. It could not have cost that much to operate; just a bunch of LED lights that twinkled. :sad:

So many things to miss!!!

The arcade at DCR that had the movie theater that showed Disney classics.

Chef Mickeys when it was located at the Disney Village. I miss the Disney Village in general...and still call it that at times.

Pleasure Island, mainly the Adventurer's club. Looks like we all agree on this one. Not sure about what Disney Springs will bring. Seems like the West side has always been a flop. Not impressed so far.

Tangaroa Terrace at the Poly.

Resort hopping via the monorail with my little brother. This was so awesome as a kid. We could even to go Magic Kingdom by ourselves. I must have been 10 or 11. Little bro was 3 years younger. We had a blast. Way before cell phones. I won't let my kids do this now and they have cell phones! Sad how times have changed.

The food in general is on a downward spiral. It has been since the inception of the DDP and the free dining offers. I ranted about this the other day on the budget board.

Empress Lilly. I remember character dining here. Not a fan of Fulton's.

I'm surprised that COP still resides in Tomorrow Land. I'm hoping that it stays.

The wasted space. There is an outdoor theater in the Tomorrow Land area that has not been used in decades. I remember watching shows there as a kid. It was my least favorite thing to do, lol. I'd welcome a new show. Remove the theater and put in a new attraction. Something.

I miss being able to use the beaches at the Poly for swimming and of course River Country. I'd have accepted that closure because of the lake conditions if Disney was smart enough to theme one of the two water parks based on the River Country experience.

Discovery Island. I also miss this place. Not sure why they let this go. IMO, I'd rather a trip there over anything at AK. It was peaceful and quiet. Guests were limited.

The addition of DVC at the MK monorail resorts has been the most disappointing. What was a beautiful area, is now over developed. I could deal with BLT, even the addition at DGF, but the Poly? No way. They ruined it for me. One of the most beautiful places on property has been ruined.

Most of these have been mentioned.....but does anyone else remember that movie theater at the Contemporary?

Okay, in the spirit of the question as intended, I will mention actual things removed. However, I am cheating by not mentioning two things instead of just one.

1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I just liked it, even as an adult. It is one of the reasons that I will occassionally go to Disneyland instead of WDW.

2. Snow White's Scary Adventures. Not because it was a particularly great ride, but because it is from my earliest childhood memory, not just about Disney, but in life altogether. I remember the sign they used to have out front that showed the Queen disguised as the old hag, and it terrified me. The other thing I remember from that day is sitting on my uncle's shoulders and just watching the Dumbo ride going around, and I loved it. These feelings were so intense, both bad and good, that I remember them to this day. One day, after I had grown up, my mother overheard me mentioning these memories and was shocked that I remembered - it turns out I was only two years old! My next memory I have in life after that is not until I was about four or five years old.

Also rans: Comedy Warehouse, Country Bear Jamboree, 20,000 Leagues, ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

Also, for DW, I'm pretty sure it would be the old Journey into Imagination. The first time we rode it after it changed, the look of disappointment on her face nearly broke my heart. We no longer ride that ride.

Her also ran would probably be Discovery Island.

1. Spectromagic-- love the memories of my kids watching that parade and the music. I like MSEP but the music for spectro is amazing.

2. The character bus that used to drive around world showcase in Epcot- so much fun to have it stop near you to get autographs.

3. Less planning ahead- walking in to Epcot and making lunch reservations at the kiosk.

4. Toontown- my son was very sad for this to go.

5. Adventurer's Club- so unique and a fun night.

1. The Hunchback Show "Real" singing/Dancing/Acting from talented
performers

2. Tapestry of Nations/Dreams The music still plays in my head

3. Waking up Tink at Tinkerbell's Treasures

4. The Sword in the Stone ceremony

5. The Living Statues (France) and the British Invasion (UK) in Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter