What happens if I switch my reservations to Orbitz?

mom23guys2

<font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for
I see that Orbitz has an additional discount on top of the GP discount. What happens if I switch my reservations to Orbitz. do I lose my dining reservations on MDE?
Can I link the three rooms I booked like I have them with Disney? Do I need to cancel my reservations with Disney before booking with Orbitz?
TIA

I see that Orbitz has an additional discount on top of the GP discount. What happens if I switch my reservations to Orbitz. do I lose my dining reservations on MDE?
Can I link the three rooms I booked like I have them with Disney? Do I need to cancel my reservations with Disney before booking with Orbitz?
TIA

You would need to cancel with Disney and book with Orbitz. Your dining will not cancel. You will need to call Orbitz to have them call Disney and link the reservations. Disney will not speak to you about your Orbitz reservation.

You would need to cancel with Disney and book with Orbitz. Your dining will not cancel. You will need to call Orbitz to have them call Disney and link the reservations. Disney will not speak to you about your Orbitz reservation.

I have not booked with Orbitz, but I've booked with Expedia several times, and they always provide me with the Disney confirmation number in my Expedia itinerary a few days after booking. Once I have that number, I can go into MDE and link reservations and dining myself. So I would think once you get the Disney confirmation number from Orbitz you could do the same. Do they not provide that info?

Unless something has changed, you don't have to cancel with Disney before booking with Orbitz, you can do so after confirming your Orbitz booking.

Dining reservations are not linked to room reservations, so you won't lose those.

You should be able to obtain a Disney confirmation number from Orbitz, and then use that on MDE.

Unless something has changed, you don't have to cancel with Disney before booking with Orbitz, you can do so after confirming your Orbitz booking.

Dining reservations are not linked to room reservations, so you won't lose those.

You should be able to obtain a Disney confirmation number from Orbitz, and then use that on MDE.

I actually booked with Cheap Tickets. They had the best discount but this varies almost daily. I was able to add it to MDE, make sure everything was right, and then cancel my RO reservation. Saved about 47 dollars a night over Disney RO discount. If you have a package this might not be the same info.

I have not booked with Orbitz, but I've booked with Expedia several times, and they always provide me with the Disney confirmation number in my Expedia itinerary a few days after booking. Once I have that number, I can go into MDE and link reservations and dining myself. So I would think once you get the Disney confirmation number from Orbitz you could do the same. Do they not provide that info?

Maybe they provide it via email, I'm not sure. But the number would have to come from Orbitz in whatever way - I just meant Disney wouldn't provide it to the guest. If it comes via email that'd be nice.

Ourbigtrip - nothing has changed. It wouldn't matter which one you book or cancel first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter