What happened to our book thread?

Finished Gone Girl over the weekend. LOVED IT even despite the ending!

I've gone back to reading Les Miserables (took a quick hiatus to read Gone Girl). Have about 100 pages left (approx. 1400 pages!!). It's been a long & sometimes hard read, but gosh, I cannot wait to see the film now!!

Have requested from the library:

Sharp Objects
Dark Places
The Book Thief
Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore
The Fiery Cross

Will read whatever comes in first. Hopefully, not all 5 at once... but that is usually what happens! :dance3:

EDIT: Just checked my library website, 4 out of the 5 books just shipped, lol. Figures!!

I just started The Twelve. It is the second in The Passage trilogy. So far, pretty darn good. It took 2 years for this sequel to come out so I am struggling a bit trying to rememeber the original charcters and story line

I have the first one (I guess it is The Passage?) but I'm going to try to hold out on reading it until the last one comes out so I can read them one after the other. My memory is terrible when it comes to retaining characters and plot lines. I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the details in the current book I'm reading!

Currently reading "Beautiful Ruins" for my book club. So far, it's holding my interest. I hope it picks up the pace, though. It reads a bit slow.

I'm also reading "Storybound". A YA book that my 10 year old daughter wanted me to read. Not stellar writing, but it's a fun plot.

I just started The Twelve. It is the second in The Passage trilogy. So far, pretty darn good. It took 2 years for this sequel to come out so I am struggling a bit trying to rememeber the original charcters and story line

My DH is reading that one. I just started reading the Passage last night after holding off for so long. I figure it's a great end of October book.

I'm waiting for some books to come from Amazon. I ordered Divergent, The Maze Runner, and Delirium.

Seems like there was something else I read, but can't remember now... Oh! Read the first five books of Wool. Was interesting enough to grab my attention throughout all five books, but it didn't seem to end(?) Must be more books coming perhaps.

There's one more currently out that goes back in time to explain what happened, or at least part of it.

He's also working on at least two more sequels to the Juliette story line too.

I really like these books. Not just the story but how he bucked the major publishing houses and became the first self published author with a #1 bestseller.

I just finished Leviathan Wakes and Caliban's War by James Corey. These are good edge of your seat sci-fi\horror thrillers. A little far fetched but entertaining and fast paced.

Finished Gone Girl over the weekend. LOVED IT even despite the ending!

I've gone back to reading Les Miserables (took a quick hiatus to read Gone Girl). Have about 100 pages left (approx. 1400 pages!!). It's been a long & sometimes hard read, but gosh, I cannot wait to see the film now!!

Have requested from the library:

Sharp Objects
Dark Places
The Book Thief
Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore
The Fiery Cross

Will read whatever comes in first. Hopefully, not all 5 at once... but that is usually what happens! :dance3:

EDIT: Just checked my library website, 4 out of the 5 books just shipped, lol. Figures!!

Just finished Les Miserables over my lunch break. I'm wanting to cry. What a beautiful beautiful story of forgiveness, redemption, and honor!

Not many books nowadays can inspire you to want to be a better person, but this story definitely fits the bill.

Now I need to figure out which book to read next since they all came in at the same time, lol. Think I'm going with The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) since it's been well over a year since I've read #4. :thumbsup2

Since my last post, I decided to read The Book Thief since it was a quick read... and I needed a short one after spending so much time with Les Miserables previously.

A GREAT read! Another book that inspires the reader to be a better person and that little things do matter in the grand scheme of things.

Didn't think I'd enjoy another Holocaust book, but this one was very well done.

Just started Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn this morning since I loved Gone Girl so much!

And then(!) I'll get to Outlander #5, lol.

threeboysmom said:
Since my last post, I decided to read The Book Thief since it was a quick read... and I needed a short one after spending so much time with Les Miserables previously.

A GREAT read! Another book that inspires the reader to be a better person and that little things do matter in the grand scheme of things.

Just started Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn this morning since I loved Gone Girl so much!

Thanks. In going to add this one to my list.

I'm currently reading Tara Road by Maeve Binchy. So far ok, not going on my best books ever list. It's taking awhile to get going

I'm struggling with The Twelve, the newest from Justin Cronin. I loved his first, The Passage

I finished Sharp Objects the other night and really liked it. It is definitely my favorite of GF's books. Right now I'm in literary limbo, I have so many books on my Kindle to read but I can't seem to find one I'm getting into. I wish Gillian had another one out right now.

Good grief, no one has read anything since October?:rotfl: I finally made it through The Twelve. It was OK, not as good as The Passage but I did like it. Right now I am reading Nowhere To Hide by Joan Hall Hovey. It's a murder mystery and real good so far

Cantw8 said:
Good grief, no one has read anything since October?:rotfl: I finally made it through The Twelve. It was OK, not as good as The Passage but I did like it. Right now I am reading Nowhere To Hide by Joan Hall Hovey. It's a murder mystery and real good so far

We moved threads... This one was lost! It's called something like "What are you reading this holiday season?"

Roots was a great Mini Series but has anyone read the book ? is it a page turner or a lot of boring stuff in it

Roots was a great Mini Series but has anyone read the book ? is it a page turner or a lot of boring stuff in it

Oh, I would like to know this also and I'm also interested in The Color Purple

Working on The Book Thief and I cannot figure out why I can't stand it. I have been trudging through this for the longest time, and it just doesn't interest me. There must be something wrong with me! Am almost done, so I'm making myself finish it.

Working on The Book Thief and I cannot figure out why I can't stand it. I have been trudging through this for the longest time, and it just doesn't interest me. There must be something wrong with me! Am almost done, so I'm making myself finish it.
Oh, wow.....I loved that book. One of my favorites ever!

I was thinking about that book (book thieves) but there was a reason I didnt get it and cant remember what it was :rotfl2:. Im just about to finish Music for Torching, a weird book, about 4-5 couples in a neighborhood that hang out together and they all have dysfunctional marriages :lmao: . Has anyone read Roots ? is it action packed or lots of genealogy type stuff

I have read all the rave reviews for it but it just doesn't interest me at all:confused3 Like you, even if I don't like a book I force myself to finish it.

I have recently read, The Women of Magnolia byMarlene Mitchell. It was a little slow in the beginning but did pick up and I really enjoyed it. It is about southern plantation living during the Civil War.

Just finished Nowhere To Hide by Joan Hall Hovey. LOVED it! Great murder/thriller

I'm reading 'Gone Girl' and it's just ok. It is holding my interest fairly well, I'm simply having a hard time relating to the characters, and I particularly dislike Nick. Ick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter