What happened to our book thread?

I completely agree. I didn't particularly like the ending but it was definately appropriate for the Character. I was initially hugely disappointed in the ending but the more I thought about it the better (still a little disappointing though) the ending was.

I can't wait to read Sharp Objects now. I really enjoyed both Gone Girl and Dark Places.

I am so looking forward to reading Gone Girl. I've been wanting to all summer. But now I've been distracted (once again) by trying to read Les Miserables before the movie comes out in December. It'll most likely take me the 3 months to get through it, but what an incredible read it is so far!!!

I just recently read Explosive Eighteen, Smash Cut by Sandra Brown, & The Next Always by Nora Roberts.

I am currently reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.

I just recently read Explosive Eighteen, Smash Cut by Sandra Brown, & The Next Always by Nora Roberts.

I am currently reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.

I enjoyed Snow Flower & the Secret Fan. It's my second favorite book of hers, behind Peony in Love.

I went through a Sandra Brown phase. But then every book started seeming the same, in regards to who the bad guy was.

Just about to finish Gone Girl and I've really enjoyed it.

I've just downloaded Beautiful Ruins (I do audiobooks only - my eyes can't take reading anymore :worried:). I'm hoping it's just as good as Gone Girl!

I tried the 50 Shades series and I only got partially into the second book before I gave it up. Just wasn't my thing. :confused3

After Beautiful Ruins it's Until Tuesday. I love a good dog book. The audiobook of The Art of Racing in the Rain was a wonderful experience!!

I completely agree. I didn't particularly like the ending but it was definately appropriate for the Character. I was initially hugely disappointed in the ending but the more I thought about it the better (still a little disappointing though) the ending was.

I can't wait to read Sharp Objects now. I really enjoyed both Gone Girl and Dark Places.

I read all 3, Sharp Objects (her first book) I thought it was really good but not as good as the other two. BTW I thought gone girl ending was good

I finished the second book of The Strain series. I really enjoyed it but these books are so dark and intense I needed something a little light and fluffy before moving on to the third book. I am now into the third in the series of five High Heel Mysteries written by Gemma Halliday :rotfl: Oh so totally chick lit:rotfl: But, I am loving them! They are along the lines of Stephanie Plum books but I think written better and funnier

Ok, book lovers! I need some help. For our book club, we have all been asked to bring a list of 5 or so Christmas books for our members to choose from for our December meeting. I need some help!!!!!

In the past we've read:

Skipping Christmas
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
A Christmas Carol

I figured you all would be able to help me out with this. Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance! :santa::santa:

Ok, book lovers! I need some help. For our book club, we have all been asked to bring a list of 5 or so Christmas books for our members to choose from for our December meeting. I need some help!!!!!

In the past we've read:

Skipping Christmas
A Christmas Carol

How about "The Stupidest Angel" by Christopher Moore?

I loved "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck. Not political, so you can ignore his politics!

One of my books is free thursday for Kindle Prime members. If a prime member and interested send me a pm and I will send you info.

In the past we've read:

Skipping Christmas
A Christmas Carol

How about "Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story'" by Wally Lamb

In the past we've read:

Skipping Christmas
A Christmas Carol

Christmas Shoes! Just kidding -- the song annoys me too much.

Dickens wrote a number of other Christmas books, including Cricket on the Hearth. "The Precious Present" by Spencer Johnson is short, but very good.

Here are some others to consider:

The Gift - Cecelia Ahern
Knit the Season A Friday Night Knitting Club Novel - Kate Jacobs
The Stupidest Angel A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, Version 2.0 - Christopher Moore
An Idiot Girl's Christmas True Tales from the Top of the Naughty List - Laurie Notaro
You Better Not Cry Stories for Christmas - Augusten Burroughs
Let It Snow Three Holiday Stories - John Green etc.
A Redbird Christmas A Novel - Fannie Flagg
The Mitford Snowmen - Jan Karon
The Gift of the Magi - O. Henry
Visions of Sugar Plums - Janet Evanovich
Shakespeare's Christmas - Charlaine Harris

In the past we've read:

Skipping Christmas
A Christmas Carol

The Santa Shop.

Also, I am taking a HP break and am reading 11/22/63. I'm only 115 pages in but I'm hooked. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Ok, so I just finished 'Swan Song' & it was a very good book, but I really liked 'The Stand' a lot better. I have read & reread The Stand but don't think I would re-read Swan Song.

So glad this thread has been resurrected! I've read many a great book from the recommendations of all of you! :thumbsup2

FINALLY reading Gone Girl! This was my pick for summer reading, lol, and here it is mid-October and I'm just now managing to get to it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm on page 302 out of 470 and wow am I hooked!! I realize many are not happy with the ending so trying to steel myself for that.

Cannot wait to read her other books too!

willowsnn3 said:
Ok, so I just finished 'Swan Song' & it was a very good book, but I really liked 'The Stand' a lot better. I have read & reread The Stand but don't think I would re-read Swan Song.

Swan Song is next on my list. I am currently reading 2 short story collaborations by Stephen King and Joe Hill, Full Throttle and In the Tall Grass. Both are very good, spooky fun.

So glad this thread has been resurrected! I've read many a great book from the recommendations of all of you! :thumbsup2

FINALLY reading Gone Girl! This was my pick for summer reading, lol, and here it is mid-October and I'm just now managing to get to it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm on page 302 out of 470 and wow am I hooked!! I realize many are not happy with the ending so trying to steel myself for that.

Cannot wait to read her other books too!

I just finished Dark Places last night. It was good but I think Gone Girl was better, even though I didn't like the ending.
I'm still on the waiting list for Sharp Objects, but I may just break down and buy from Amazon and download it tonight.

I just finished Dark Places last night. It was good but I think Gone Girl was better, even though I didn't like the ending.
I'm still on the waiting list for Sharp Objects, but I may just break down and buy from Amazon and download it tonight.

I'm still on my libraries waiting list for Sharp Objects too. I think I've been on it forever!!!!!

OH, finished 11/22/63. Loved it! I read the original ending online when I was finished and I'm so glad his son made him change it. I hated it! The current ending is so much better.

I just started The Twelve. It is the second in The Passage trilogy. So far, pretty darn good. It took 2 years for this sequel to come out so I am struggling a bit trying to rememeber the original charcters and story line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter