• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What food do you miss?

The original schoolbread in Norway. I used to get it every single trip, sometimes more than once. Sometimes more than twice, lol. But then they changed it and it's not even good anymore! I've skipped it the last 3 trips :( Even the staff at Kringla said they don't like the way it is now. Blah!

I miss Strawberry Swirls at Enchanted Grove in MK.

I miss the Peach Tarts at the French Bakery. They're still listed on the menu, but I asked a CM and he said he can't remember when they had them last.

But most of all I miss the pistachio gelato at BCV.

O'hana potatoes

French toast loaf

Fresh made ice cream cookie sandwiches on SOFT (not crispy) chocolate chip cookies

Mini hot dogs and burgers on the children's buffets

Cape May chicken fingers (they were different there)

Butterfinger brownie from Marceline's (that's a DL reference)

...sigh...

The roasted red pepper polenta that was served with the steak at Mama Melrose. Their bread assortment appetizer was real good too.

I miss all of the food at the Origional Chef Mickey's that was in Down Town Disney, where i think the Rainforest Cafe is now, that was back in 1996 when we last ate there.

And like mentioned the old school bread Norway EPCOT when it was as big as the plate, they can call it a doughnut now.

All the good food that use to be at the Yakitory House in Japan EPCOT, it is all garbage now, so we never go there anymore.

French Toast Loaf, PB mouse brownie from Pecos Bills, this shrimp pasta Le Cellier use to have. Figaro fries..

The MOST..Ohana Potatos

The Bbq grilled chicken breast with hearts of romaine in green goddess dressing at brown derby. It was the perfect light lunch on a hot day!

I forgot this
The rootbeer float in a mug at Pacos Bills, they use to have an area where they just made the rootbeer floats.

I miss the cookie dough brownies that they had at Restaurantosaurus around when AK first opened.

The original schoolbread in Norway. I used to get it every single trip, sometimes more than once. Sometimes more than twice, lol. But then they changed it and it's not even good anymore! I've skipped it the last 3 trips :( Even the staff at Kringla said they don't like the way it is now. Blah!

I agree but, at least I found a new fav at Epcot, the Napoleon in France, YUM.

Anything from Concourse Steakhouse.
I had some of my fav meals there, the ribs were delishious. :)

I miss the "good" food. It seems like the food has gotten worse and worse over the last 4-5 years - ever since the Dining Plan became so popular.

LOL, sad, but true. I just think they have cut so many corners to accomodate the masses that participate in the Dining Plan and "Free" Dining. The quality and variety in the food has definitely changed over the last few years.

I miss the thin, real onion rings they used to serve at 50's PT not the big ole frozen icky version they serve now. I miss the FRESHLY MADE caramel corn at Sleepy Hollow...that stuff was to die for! I also miss the strawberry swirl they served at the Enchanted Grove in Fantasyland.

Anything from Concourse Steakhouse.
I had some of my fav meals there, the ribs were delishious. :)

Oh, how I miss that spot too. Concourse was beloved among long-time WDW guests as one the best kept secrets among the dining options.

That's because it looked unassuming and almost a bit dated, which kept the masses away. But those in the know appreciated the fact it was the top value on property for beef and a place you could still do walk ups to long after the ADR madness started. I had a ribeye there back in 2005 that absolutely blew away anything I've ever had at LeCellier or Yachtsman - and approached the same cut I had at Shulas.

Not bad for a piece of beef that cost three times less than the Shula's version. ;)

858b7bb0.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter