What food do you miss?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by StrwLady, May 20, 2010.

1. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

Fettucine from Alfredo's :sad2:. Basically the whole restaurant...minestrone soup, salmon, wine :sad1::sad1::sad1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pixiefairy

pixiefairy DIS Veteran

Sweet Potato cakes at Boatwright's now defunct breakfast.

4. Pugmalion1

Pugmalion1 The moldering sanctum of the spirit world

There are two things that stick out for me that aren't around anymore:

At Jiko a few years back, I had these amazing braised lamb shanks served over cous cous. I can't remember if they were a special or just a seasonal item, but I've been back a couple times since, and they haven't been on the menu in any form. I tend to order different things depending on my mood (I'm not the kind of person who sticks to the same order in favorite restaurants), but I would definitely order that again.

The other, I know was a regular menu item, and quite a popular one from what I understand, and that's the catfish and cheese grits at Coral Reef. That was an amazing dish. I was told last time I was there that the chef pulled it because he wasn't able to get the same quality catfish he used to, so he didn't want to put out a dish not up to his standards. I can respect that. I just hope that he finds some good catfish again someday. I'd love to have it again, and I can't make it nearly as perfect as they can.

5. ronunc

ronunc Disney Veteran

Too many: fresh hot cinnamon buns at the Land and the Tusker House..
    Sweet potato pancakes at Boatwrights. Breakfast at Tony's, fajitas and ribeye steak at Crockett's Tavern, prime rib at King Stefan's, ...

Down with the dining plan!!!

6. traviesojmt

traviesojmt DIS Veteran

French Toast Loaf from Main Street Bakery and the Chicken Sandwich from when Tusker House was a counter service restaurant.

7. wendydarling826

wendydarling826 <font color=orange>I thought mine was the only cra

I'm really disappointed at the menu changes that seem to have resulted from free dining. A couple of my favorites that are no longer available:
    The salmon with pumpkin bread at Liberty Tree and the grilled poundcake for dessert.
    Once of the best things I've ever eaten was the foie gras ravioli I had at Citrico's the first time I ever ate there.
    It seems that the menus are getting very homogenized, and that's a shame because one of the most special things about a WDW vacation has always been the interesting dining opportunities.

8. Stepharia

Stepharia DIS Veteran

The passion fruit cheesecake at O'Hana's, the maple bbq filet at Le Cellier and definitely figaro fries.

9. SunnieRN

SunnieRN DIS Veteran

Yummy french toast loaf, the "real" school bread, thinking back to my disneyland days, real hot cocoa at breakfast, not instant icky stuff!

10. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

The 7 layer fudge cake at Main St Bakery. I used to bring tupperware w/ me so I could bring some home. OMG it was so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

11. DaisyLady86

DaisyLady86 Earning My Ears

I know it's been a LOOOONNGGG time for this one, but I REALLY miss the old Mickey ice cream bars. I'm not a huge fan of the hard chocolate shell ( i know the old ones used to melt like crazy in the middle of the summer) But I liked that it was Mickey's face and it had vanilla AND chocolate ice cream. and with these new bars i seem to always drop a slap of chocolate onto my clothes at some point. Am I alone here? lol

12. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

I miss the wrap sandwiches they use to sell at the resturant where Crystal Palace is now. It was before wraps were popular and we loved those. I miss the whole resturant and have never been a fan of Crystal Palace.

13. Mamu

Mamu <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Once at the Crystal Pallace for Dinner there was a Coconut Flan. OMG the most delicious dessert. I actually went back for seconds.

14. H20DogsNDisney

H20DogsNDisney DIS Veteran

Yup I miss that mickey bar it was the best!:sad2:

15. poohbear2

poohbear2 <font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=

Oh i so agree!

16. Warbluzki

Warbluzki Earning My Ears

For me it's not necessarily any specific food, but I miss some of the restaurants:

The Tangaroa Terrace at the Poly
    Adventureland Veranda and the MK
    Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island
    Chef Mickey's at the Village Marketplace

or the changed formats:
    King Stefan's, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern at MK
    The Good Turn at EPCOT

17. honeydiane1953

honeydiane1953 DIS Veteran

I miss the good food that used to be the norm at WDW. Most of it tasted mediocre. :mad:

18. dizanimator

dizanimator Has the Tag Fairy ever seen me?

I don't know how long it's been gone, but I miss the Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Sauce at the Yacht Club Galley. I had those for breakfast most mornings on my first trip to WDW, and really wish I had the recipe. I went there for a birthday breakfast a few years later, but they were gone, and I know I checked the kid's menu since that's where they were when I first had them.

19. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

I thought of two more things, both soups, that haven't been mentioned
    1. The lamb and barley soup at Rose and Crown
    2. The vegetable soup at Pure and Simple. I had an upset stomache one day, and I remember that was the only thing that I could comfortably eat.

20. the Fidge

the Fidge <font color=blue>I miss standing like the statue o

21. the Fidge

the Fidge <font color=blue>I miss standing like the statue o

I second that!:thumbsup2