What does Jackie find even remotely close to not amazing?

Accident

DIS Veteran
Since @WebmasterJackie has joined the webcasts, I've never once heard her not find anything amazing, awesome, the best and really interesting...

So.. What would Jackie find as great, good, just ok? Is there anything she would consider horrible?

EDITED TO ADD: This is not meant to say I don't like Jackies view, I love it and appreciate the diversity of disunplugged. I found myself listening today really wondering if there is anything Jackie doesn't like or finds just ok (or even great).. i think she might be the first person that if she ever said "I didn't like that", I would never even try it.

Last edited:
I prefer her perspective over what I would have to say. I see your point, but I'd rather my Disney fix come from someone overly happy as opposed to someone like me. I think of Jackie as the balance to Kevin or Craig (who I most closely relate to).

One of the strengths of the DIS crew is that it includes a variety of viewpoints and outlooks...from those who seem perpetually sunny to those who seem perpetually cynical, and everything in between.

Since @WebmasterJackie has joined the webcasts, I've never once heard her not find anything amazing, awesome, the best and really interesting...

So.. What would Jackie find as great, good, just ok? Is there anything she would consider horrible?

My first thought in reading this is that it makes her the Guy Fieri of the Podcast - "This is, hands down, one of the best chicken-ala-kings I have ever had - great job!"

I prefer her perspective over what I would have to say. I see your point, but I'd rather my Disney fix come from someone overly happy as opposed to someone like me. I think of Jackie as the balance to Kevin or Craig (who I most closely relate to).

I wasn't trying to make a point, I was listening today thinking if jackie ever said she didn't like something, there is no way I'm doing it.. Even just great and I would be cautious..

I love her point of view, I think every point of view is needed and why I like disunplugged so much for it's diversity in views.

but what is jackies threshold, what does she not like at disney besides the price.

Jackie: I love the dirty bathrooms at Disney! The Imagineers are so amazing to add that detail - just like I would picture a bathroom in the jungle or on a Frontier ... it's those Disney details!

Jackie: I had the best day! I was on the monorail and it got stuck for an hour with no air conditioning - how considerate of Disney to provide a free sauna service! And with a view of the parking lot! I saw cars from 37 states and 3 Canadian provinces! It is a small world after all, isn't it!

Jackie: I watch a lot of Chopped and the number one complaint I hear from the judges is that the dish needs more acid - well, Disney just nailed it with that red sauce at Tony's!

Jackie: I camped out on Main St for an hour to get a great view of Wishes and right before it started a family squeezed ahead of me and used their Ipad to film the entire thing. How considerate of them! The only thing better than Wishes is seeing it twice at the same time!

I see that y'all are in here having a party and I must apologize for being so late to it!! It's been a crazy evening around here!

party:

So, I think it's really cute that you guys are speculating on this. I have to tell you, as much money as we all spend to go to Disney in the first place, I decided long ago that I would not spend my time picking it all apart...no time for that and it's zero fun to pick stuff apart...for me anyway. I like fun. And magic.

Also? As I've gotten older, (ahem...not saying HOW old) I've made a more conscious effort to focus heavily on the positive as opposed to the negative in everything I do - this includes vacation, work, family - all aspects of my world. I believe with every ounce of my being in the saying 'Attitude is Everything' because it really is.

With all of that being said, you guys can always count on me to give my honest opinion on things. I will definitely tell you if I don't like something or even if it wasn't my favorite thing ever - I just choose not to give those kinds of things as much of my attention as the things I love!

Thank you all for caring so much about what I think too! :goodvibes

Thanks for coming to the party Jackie!!
You know us, we just like to have a good chat with each other and what do we all have in common? The Podcast, so it makes sense that we would discuss y'all in... wait for it... a discussion forum! :)
Just picture us all sitting around the living room or dining table, a glass of adult beverage in hand, having a chin-wag about the things we love and speculating, gossiping and making up wildly ridiculous hypotheticals because... that's what friends do!

Thanks for always being honest Jackie, we all appreciate it :):)

Thanks for chiming in @WebmasterJackie - and hope it does come through that we really value your positive attitude. Obviously we are all big Disney fans but sometimes it can be easy to focus on negatives or things it isn't (I know, negative thoughts shared on the internet?!?!?! Shocking!) bit it is also great to get reminded of all the positive aspects

I also agree with you about wanting to focus on the positives - life's too short to focus on the negative. And also that life can be a self-fulfilling prophesy based on your attitude. If you go into something expecting it to suck, well, it probably will because you are looking for the negatives to affirm your predisposition.

But as @Princess Jes says - we are just chattin' and having some fun (although I have no idea what a chin-wag is, I assume some sort of snack to pair with an adult beverage, like vegimite or something).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter