~ What do you use for Frizzy hair at the World?~

MrsPrice

Mouseketeer
~I am trying to find out what you all have used and works for the wonderful humidity. I prefer not to have a big frizz head and there is so much products out there. Any suggestions? I do not want my hair in a pony tail everyday- it gives me headaches. ~ :thanks:

My three suggestions are buy a cute disney baseball cap when you get there, you're sporty, keeps the sun out of your eyes, and have major hair control! Second is what I use for the kids, it's Loreal detangling spray. Lastly, in Dec there I used Pantene gel control (not sure of exact name), helped keep it from looking too ragged after a day at the parks.:)

any serum i find just put a small bit on when it wet and when your hair is dry a bit of wax

I have a mix of wavy/curly hair. I wet mine down in the morning and work in a couple large dollops of gel. I'm using Bioterra from Sally beauty supply but any strong hold gel will work. Once it gets dry it will still have that wet look. I then take my hand and gently scrunch until the wet look is gone.

Works wonderfully and keeps me frizz free all day.

I have extremely curly hair. I saw a new product called Brazilian Keratin that changed my life from having few good hair days to everyday's a good hair day. It takes away 90% of the frizz and leaves the curl.

The process is expensive in salons but my husband saw a you tube video and agreed to help me. It took 3 hours from start to finish but was so worth it. Check it out on the internet. I bought my 3.5 oz on ebay for $43. I also had to buy a flat iron that goes up to 450 degrees but other than that, the rest was just easy labor.

Good luck

Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum! When my hair was much longer, it controlled the frizz and left gorgeous, soft curls. You can find it at drug stores, grocery stores, etc. And it smells yummy, too!

I have used hair gel in the past, but this last time in the world I used Mousse. I liked the mousse more because it left my hair soft without frizz. My hair at home is as straight as it gets and doesn't even hold a curl, but in the world it get frizzy and curly.

2 products work great for me

bed head "after party" (walgreens, cvs) about $17, but worth it.
(small dot smoothed on dry hair works great)
john freida "anti-frizz humidity control" hairspray (pretty sure that's
the name...it's in a tall, grey can.) about $5

i don't like a lot of product, but i get so frizzy in the humidity.
these products don't feel like you have a lot in your hair.

good luck! :)

-pam

I just had my hair chemically straightened and I am loving it. I had wavy hair that became a clownish ball of frizz unless it was flat ironed. I hated it.
Finally gave in and plunked down almost $200 but everytime I wash my hair and it dries flat I am in heaven. If I want it extra shiny I flat iron it as if I were combing through my hair...takes less then ten minutes.

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I live in Fl. so the humidity is always a challenge.
I use Suave mousse for curly hair, it seems to control the frizz, but leave the curl. If it get really humid and my hair seems to be wanting to get unruly. I just dampen it in the restroom, not soak it but kinda wet my hands and scrunch it around and it will help keep you cool. I wear my hair in a pony tail or up in a messy bun during the day and at night wear it down.

I get headaches also - I buy Conair - pony wraps there are 5 in a set. I get them at Walmart they are about 1.50 or so. I even sleep in them and they don't bother me at all. They come in all colors.

For at night I use Suave volumizing root lift and Dove curl and sculpt mousse. Blow dry straight and use a large curl iron to smooth it all out.

When in FL, I take a totally different approach to my hair to avoid the frizz. I go with it and I curl the whole thing (I usually wear it straight but it's wavy). Big tight curls with the curling iron then I lightly spray and it holds up well. Totally different look in those Disney pics than I'm used to seeing but I don't look like a frizzhead at least!

And I wear a visor every day to keep the sun off my eyes and the sweat off my face!

I think one of the best products is Frizz Ease Secret Weapon by John Frieda. Put a small amount in your hands, rub them together and smooth on dry hair lightly over the surface. A little goes a long way; I've been using it for years. CVS has it. I also like Fredric Fekkai glossing cream, but is is pricey (although my tube has lasted for quite a while). It has olive oil in it. Again, a little goes a long way.

Just got back from my trip on Monday. I have very frizzy/wavy hair and found that it was so hot I couldn't stand having it down. I wore it in a ponytail and a hat every day there. I was sweating so much, it was soaking wet for the most part anyway.

I'm a fan of Paul Mitchell's product "Skinny Serum" in general to control frizz though. GL!!!

Being a FL native and always knowing when the rain was coming b/c of my crazy hair, I loved Frizz Eaze - I think I spelled it right. Also, if your hair is long enough, skip the fashion and just tie it up in a braid or bun. It keeps it off your neck so you're cooler anyway!

I use Agadir Oil hair treatment. A bit expensive. $20+ on line and I've seen it for $40 in salons. DD uses Jon Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat or Pantene Smooth Serum which honest work just as well as Agadir!

I have had naturally curly frizzy hair my whole life. I have tried getting my hair straightened but as another poster noted unless you flat iron it, you still get frizzy straight hair.

I found a product called Brazilian Keratin for $43 on ebay. My husband followed the YouTube instructions. It was a 3 hour process for him to do it but the results are unbelievable ..... it got rid of all my frizz. It used to take me an hour to blow dry my hair and 30 minutes to flat iron. Now it takes me 10 minutes to blow dry and 10 minutes to flat iron. Today I didn't even flat iron my hair and my hair looks great. It took a tighter curl and made it a bit looser but no frizz. I did the process a month ago and everyone compliments me. I am 40 and everyone tells me I look like a college kid. I even got carded last week. Also, before I used to use a ton of gel in my hair. Now, I don't even have to condition my hair, it is just so shiny. Seriously it is the best product ever made for people who have frizzy hair. I went to my hairdresser yesterday and she was in disbelief on how much a difference it made. The product says it will last 3-4 months. I will be a repeat customer. Good Luck.

I use almond oil on my body as a moisturizer, and when I'm done, I just "wipe" the rest off my hands through my hair. Works like a charm. A 10 oz bottle is about $8.00.

DD (18) has hair that frizzes in the humidity. Pulling it back in a ponytail or other type of " do" is ok, but the top gets a-frizzin too. Other than wearing a hat does anyone have suggestions for that? But yet hair will still look ok and not made of straw if she takes it down. Don't really want to keep a hat on 24/7 you know. We're not big on hair products. Mostly just shampoo and conditioner around here. LOL

At that start of the day my hair is okay with just regular product. (shampoo, conditioner, and a little hairspray) Bt the end of the day I'm usually wearing a hat and pony or at least a hair clip. And I'm not one who wears a hat any other time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter