What do you silently judge people for?

When people's children are acting up and they aren't even trying to manage the children's behavior, I totally judge that, and harshly.

I'm a schoolteacher and a mom. My son is autistic (now high functioning but less so when he was younger) so I've lived through more extreme tantrums than most parents of 12 could even count. And I've worked with all kinds of other kids with varying behavior issues. I totally get it: kids can be hard to rear, some of them have serious problems, and sometimes they're going to act up.

What I CANNOT respect is the parent being passive about it, not even working to improve the child's behavior. If a parent is trying, even if their attempts are not really effective at the moment, I do not judge. But when they obviously don't care, I do judge. That kind of non-parenting is the cause of a lot of behavior issues teachers and other students have to deal with in classrooms regularly.

These days: Not wearing a mask properly. It's not freaking rocket science. I silently call the people with their noses out "schnozlers" to myself (or out loud in sotto to my DH if he's with me)
It's weird. I was never even a big mask advocate, but ever since evidence came out supporting its use and it became required, I've followed the rules and have since worn a mask regularly (and I have to wear it all day every day at work). It's so, so easy to keep the mask over your nose. I just don't get it when I see other people's masks hanging down. It irritates me because it's as if they're saying, "Yeah, I know the health experts are begging us to do this in the name of public safety, but I just don't care." I had to go to urgent care at the doctor's office this week, and after getting through their 3rd degree Covid precaution check-in, the indoor guard had his mask under his nose :rolleyes2. On my first flight since reopening a stewardess had hers under her nose. :confused3

Last edited:
There's one I remember seeing that was very very pro-gun. To the point where I was kind of surprised it was allowed in the park at all.
There was one that I remember that was such a horrible sexual innuendo that when I related it here on the DIS my post was deleted. I did not hold myself to simply judging the adults who were with that particular young man. I went right up to them and told them what I thought and I told a CM. That t-shirt had no business being in the MK.

Leaving their cart in the parking lot. It’s almost the perfect way to learn a lot about someone you don’t know. There is very rarely a valid reason to not return the cart and I believe most people realize it’s the right thing to do but there is no punishment for not returning the cart and no one is forced to return the cart. It’s like a human behavior test.
I used disabled parking. Cart corals are rarely nearby. Like many, I use the cart for stability. Once I put the cart away, my stability is greatly lessened. So I park the corral as safely as I can in the vicinity of the disabled spot and call it a day. We don't usually have much wind here, so it stays put. Judge away.

.......i feel personally attacked

JOKING 🤣 🤣

but i will say - it's impossible to know what a pajama is anymore.

after being shifted to permanently working from home now, i wear a lot of leggings and long shirts....i go out in them. maybe they are pajamas to some people?? I don't know what a waist band is anymore so I'm not the best person to weigh in.
Lol. It depends on the person. A nice looking lady can wear anything and I won't judge.... come on that's funny.

People who use those they know as some sort of social importance they think elevates themselves when the vast majority of the time people don't really care you know so and so nor do they care what that so and so person does or owns.

I wouldn't say that out loud to that person but I sure am thinking :rolleyes1:rolleyes: while they talk up the person(s).

People, who use, commas, incorrectly, but then, they, say, you hate, in, others what, you hate, about, yourself..I dunno!,?,
Have been noticing some kind o
Another one that I see on Facebook- people who respond to a post and put a period after every word- WHY?

There is a weird bug around that adds periods to me too, especially on here but I'm not sure about FB since I got locked out in November and REFUSE to provide my gov't ID for access. Here. in the Dis I constantly need to go back to remove the punctuation, it doesn't happen in email so I think it's just here.

It just happened & I left it with an underline, whatevs

Disrespectful kids. Not a misbehaving kid, not a kid acting out, etc because kids have their moments. I’m talking kids who tell their parents to Shutup or call them names.
That's why I've started Kids for Krampus. Finally a cause that looks out for those of us who have had enough of mom's misbehaving little incubus. Straight to the Krampus bag! For just the cost of a cup of coffee a day....

Tossing cigarette butts out the window of your vehicle. Or any trash. I've seen someone in a fast food parking lot actually take a cup out of their car and place it on the ground before driving off. There was a trash can nearby.

When dogs or cats sleep with their tongues sticking out just a bit. I'm judging this as "really cute".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter