What do you miss on purpose?

Definately the Zephyr in DCA. Has to be the most boring ride in either park. I would do Heimlich's chew chew over it.

Matterhorn is also a terrible ride. I love roller coasters, but this is a really lame one made intolerable by how rough it is. That combined with no Fast Pass line...

Several others that I am indifferent about, but those are the two that I would skip every time.

We skip:
Disneyland- The teacups (barf), Nemo, innoventions, gadgets go coaster,
DCA- jumping jellyfish, golden zephyr, carousel, bugs land except ITTBAB & Heimlich,

Yeah! You think you're better than everyone :) How can you not laugh at that ride. "I hope I don't gadow a vatah melon in my tummy".

My favorite part of that ride was the cast member resiting the soundtrack with the look of young man who has spent one too many hours near the ride and yearned for a transfer to a more coveted position like vomit cleaner outside of space mountain. I will definitely go back only for the 47 seconds of pain and then the lifetime of joy that I don't need to stand beside it for a paycheque.

I have to laugh because there used to be a poster on here who said Heimlech's was a "guilty pleasure" for him, and he could not miss it. His name was "Hound" I think

Midnightred

I'll throw in another vote for Nemo. It's the only ride we actually dislike. Did someone mention boooring? Holy moly. Innoventions is a close second, but at least you can escape it. We don't actually like the Pooh ride either - but we ride it every visit. It's how we "earn" our trip into the shop for Tigger Tails :)

Over at DCA, we just did Muppets on Thursday. Hadn't seen it in 2 years. It'll be another 2 before we see it again.

3. PotC and HM - Don't know why I dislike these but I have since I was a kid and all in all I just find them a little creepy, boring and pointless.

I am so with you on these two rides. I usually do go on them once a trip at least but it is always at someone else's instigation.

PotC--I like the beginning but it just takes so long and seems so repetitious because of how slow you go. I am just so bored by the end.

Haunted Mansion-- I think because it is so dark for so long it just seems depressing and boring for a lot of it. My husband generally really likes it but the last time we went on it it was so dark you could hardly see anything. We knew for past times we were missing lots of details.

Matterhorn-- to many people come off with hurting backs. I haven't tried it since the refurb.

Astro Blasters--there is nothing Disney about it and the one time I remember trying it I had a hard time getting in and out. I'd rather do Dumbo for the same ride experience and at least then I have a nostalgia link.

Splash Mountain--Had a rather unpleasant chafing experience after getting only partially wet and don't mind missing that at all. The ride itself I like but the only time I would do it now is if I was about to head back to the hotel and change.

Tiki Room--Oh my gosh it is just bad. The animatronics, the sound quality, the length . . . I just don't get it at all. I did it with a friend last October since it was her birthday but I seriously had a hard time staying the whole time. I just wanted to go wait outside.

Autotopia--the fumes make me feel ill.

bumper car ride in Bugs Land--tried it twice with my kids and none of us could control the bug cars. Very frustrating

Goofy's Sky School-- again not willing to risk the back problems. My son loved it though.

Jellyfish kid ride--super lame. Our local amusement park has a variation of this ride also for kids and it is 100% better than the one at Disneyland.

Last time we went my DH & mom dragged me into captain eo & I fell asleep. I wouldn't do it again.

Innoventions, Captain EO, Mickey and the Magical Map (I hate this show more than anything), Aladdin Show (I hate the stupid pop-cultural references), Main Street Vehicles, Great Moments with Mr Lincoln, everything in Toontown besides Roger Rabbit, the Bakery Tour, and all of the generic midway rides.

My 38 year old hubby loves Autopia! He doesn't understand the hate, lol.

In saying that, *I* am possibly the worst Autopia driver that has ever lived.

ToT = motion sickness

I do the queue though. Love the architecture, theming and music.

Mickey's wheel of death

Another DCA ride, just forgot the name of. lol

Splash Mountain = big o'l wet bootay! ;) :faint:

In all fairness and with probably much relief for all innocent involved, I have not gone on the above rides, with exception of Tower of Terror aka watch yer cookies folks!

Enjoy! :faint:

kaills483 said:
Last time we went my DH & mom dragged me into captain eo & I fell asleep. I wouldn't do it again.

Hey, at least it's a good place for nap time. :)

Haven't read all the responses yet.

A few years ago, It's a Small World added some characters from various movies. May be worth it to check those out. (Or maybe not. But I think they are cute.)

Star Tours is also different now. The old one made me a bit nauseated but oddly enough the newer one didn't. (Assuming the one at DLR is the same as the one at WDW.)

For us...

Canoes - Too much work for me. Ha!
Rockets - Make me dizzy.
Moments with Mr. Lincoln - Never done it
Ferris Wheel - Terrifying.
3D shows - Not really my cup of tea. Though I do like EO for the nostalgia factor.
Silly Symphony Swings - Not fun.

Some things we'll just skip because they aren't our favorite and the line is long...like Autopia. But if the line is short, we'll do most things except those listed above. But there are plenty I can take or leave like Nemo's Subs.

Some that we skipped in the past, we will go on now that we have a toddler. Like Dumbo, for example. And things in Bug's Land.

I've never bothered with Captain EO.

And I haven't done Astro Orbitor, Casey Jnr Circus Train or the houses in Toon Town because i feel too old - i think they will have to wait until I have kids!

I love Casey Jr. My husband and I have ridden it a bunch by ourselves. We love sitting in the caboose. You should give it a try. We also walk through the houses in Toon Town and take photos. They are cute.

Reading all of the responses, it's really surprising that some people skip classics like The Haunted Mansion and Pirates!

And some people's lists are so long! Crazy.

ClaraOswald said:
Reading all of the responses, it's really surprising that some people skip classics like The Haunted Mansion and Pirates!

And some people's lists are so long! Crazy.

What? There are those that do not like HM or POTC?
:faint:
I do prefer the original pirates. Time for Capt. Jack and crew to finally set sail FOREVER from the bayou. Never wanted them there in the first place, regardless of how much I do like the films, especially The Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest.
I would love to see the hat box ghost return FINALLY to his proper home.

Things we miss on purpose, in no particular order:

1. Captain EO
2. Innoventions
3. Innoventions
4. Captain EO

Nuffield said!:rotfl2:

Things we miss on purpose, in no particular order:

1. Captain EO
2. Innoventions
3. Innoventions
4. Captain EO

Nuff said!:rotfl2:

It's so interesting to see what some people find not worth doing and what others love... For instance, zephyr and silly symphony swings are two of our all time favorites! Both feel like you're flying (swings are a little more fun), I can't see how anyone would skip them. But hey, they usually have short lines so by all means, keep skipping them.

1. Mickey's death wheel
2. ToT
3. Golden Zephyr
4. Teacups
5. Asto Orbitor
6. Dumbo - as you can tell no spinning rides :sick:
7. Canoes - requires too much effort!
8. Nemo subs - way too cramped and for fear of someone passing gas...the air is too stuffy and humid in there :rotfl:

Attractions like Innoventions, Tiki Room, Lincoln, Muppets 3-D - while not at the top of our "must do list," they are neither on our "miss on purpose" list. All of these have proven to be saviors come intense heat in the summer or persistent rain during the chilly winter. So, if anything, keep in mind to use these for a quick escape plan from unsavory weather and perhaps your perspective may change :thumbsup2
Not to mention they have been helpful for DH or myself when in need of a 5-10 min catnap :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter