What do you miss on purpose?

Tarzan's treehouse-never saw the movie, hated this when it was Swiss Family Robinson--if I want to climb that many stairs, I'll go to the gym

Autopia-I drive all the time, the cars are tiny, and funny enough, Carbon Monoxide makes me gag.

Captain EO--seen it twice since it debuted. That's twice I wanted to gouge my eyes out (second time, I thought it couldn't be as bad as I remembered. I was wrong)

Innovations--the last time I went in there, they were debuting video phones and it was called Home of the future--that was cool, now it is sad.

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln--good for a/c and a nap. I cannot keep my eyes open there!

Toon Town--no kids and never got into it.

Splash Mountain--not a fan of the drop and hate the long lines, but will do it with friends

Tom Sawyer's Island--was great when I was ten, now nothing special for an adult on her own.

canoes- never seem to be running when I am there . . .

Tower of Terror--done it twice, hated it both times, if I don't like the drop on Splash. . . .

Mickey's Wheel O' Death-- swinging cars, never again.

King Triton's merry go round-- a grown woman on her own riding a fish just looks silly

Ditto Jumping Jellyfish

Disney Jr-live on stage--again, solo adult woman--who are these characters, anyway?

Just an observation on several of the responses. The whole "single visitors/childless visitors" can't do "x" because it's silly is kind of ironic. Taken to the logical extreme, you could just as easily say it's silly for single or childless visitors to be at DLR at all. Of course, it isn't silly at all, and Disneyland was built with children of all ages in mind. To the single/childless PPers who are reticent to meet the characters, visit Toon Town, or "ride a fish" on a merry-go-round, I heartily suggest you do all of the stuff you're holding back from at some point. You might actually like those things--not for nothing, but your inner child dragged you to DLR for a reason in the first place. :thumbsup2

mikedoyleblogger said:
Just an observation on several of the responses. The whole "single visitors/childless visitors" can't do "x" because it's silly is kind of ironic. Taken to the logical extreme, you could just as easily say it's silly for single or childless visitors to be at DLR at all. Of course, it isn't silly at all, and Disneyland was built with children of all ages in mind. To the single/childless PPers who are reticent to meet the characters, visit Toon Town, or "ride a fish" on a merry-go-round, I heartily suggest you do all of the stuff you're holding back from at some point. You might actually like those things--not for nothing, but your inner child dragged you to DLR for a reason in the first place. :thumbsup2

Like :) Especially the last part, good one!

1) Anything in Bug's Land
2) California Screamin' - I can handle, and even enjoy, the less thrilling roller coaster rides (although I dislike Space Mountain, I will go on it if necessary to quell my friend's pleas) but I don't like faster roller coasters. Oddly enough, the loop doesn't bother me. It's the sideways turns and the G's you get from them that throw me the most
3) Typically everything in Fantasyland aside from Mr. Toads. That place is always, always, always packed and not worth the lines
4) Teacups - I get vertigo easily and spinning worsens it
5) Finding Nemo Subs - Need I explain?

A few of these lists are so long, I'm surprised you go to Disneyland at all!

A few of these lists are so long, I'm surprised you go to Disneyland at all!

Even with longer lists there's still TONS to do in Disneyland that you never feel like you managed to do it all. That's the great thing about it, so much to do for everyone. Never found myself out of things to do there.

I'll admit I scratch my head a little at the longer lists but it's not my place to decide what others want to enjoy :)

With that said our list mostly contains stuff we just haven't done ; not necessarily miss on purpose :

Astro Orbiter - Mostly due to size limitations. Previously me and DH had been a little larger and the line can be really long. Since we have lost some weight maybe it's time :)

Canoes/TSI - Hubby always wants to do the canoes but I just don't see the draw lol. He remembers it from being a kid so maybe I'll give in..

Treehouse - I LOVED the Swiss Family tree house as a kid in WDW. It's not that I think I'm too old at all ( we ride all the fantasyland rides/kiddie rides every trip) , I just don't like the re-brand :(

Carousel ( both parks ) - I love carousels so I don't have an answer why we haven't done it..we need to fix that !

Redwood Challenge Trail : We have been out of shape a long time and issues with stairs previously kept us away. Just watched a walk through on Youtube and I'm sad we missed it all these times now. Hitting it up next week now !

Sophia the first/Disney Jr. Show : This is probably the only one I can say we will miss every time because we , to be blunt , have no interest in this crowd. We don't dislike kids but don't see anything about the show we are interested in enough to deal with it lol.

Mad T Party : We always miss it due to timing really. I love the idea/theming and think we will squeeze it in this time around.

I'll admit I scratch my head a little at the longer lists but it's not my place to decide what others want to enjoy :) With that said our list mostly contains stuff we just haven't done ; not necessarily miss on purpose : Astro Orbiter - Mostly due to size limitations. Previously me and DH had been a little larger and the line can be really long. Since we have lost some weight maybe it's time :) Canoes/TSI - Hubby always wants to do the canoes but I just don't see the draw lol. He remembers it from being a kid so maybe I'll give in.. Treehouse - I LOVED the Swiss Family tree house as a kid in WDW. It's not that I think I'm too old at all ( we ride all the fantasyland rides/kiddie rides every trip) , I just don't like the re-brand :( Carousel ( both parks ) - I love carousels so I don't have an answer why we haven't done it..we need to fix that ! Redwood Challenge Trail : We have been out of shape a long time and issues with stairs previously kept us away. Just watched a walk through on Youtube and I'm sad we missed it all these times now. Hitting it up next week now ! Sophia the first : This is probably the only one I can say we will miss every time because we , to be blunt , have no interest in this crowd. We don't dislike kids but don't see anything about the show we are interested in enough to deal with it lol. Mad T Party : We always miss it due to timing really. I love the idea/theming and think we will squeeze it in this time around.

What Sophia the First show? Do you mean the Disney Jr. Live on Stage? Just trying to figure out if we've missed something, since I thought Sophia was only a M&G.

What Sophia the First show? Do you mean the Disney Jr. Live on Stage? Just trying to figure out if we've missed something, since I thought Sophia was only a M&G.

Sorry..I totally screwed up on that..LOL. Yeah that's what I meant..oops !

Reading all of the responses, it's really surprising that some people skip classics like The Haunted Mansion and Pirates!

And some people's lists are so long! Crazy.

I with you, Tru. I kept thinking, "these lists are so long, why even go to DL?" And to throw in Pirates? HM I can see because some people think it's hokey. But Pirates? These are the same people who would be OK if they removed the Castle.

this thread made me sad. :( but of course I read it anyway :) I'm always curious about how people feel about these sorts of things.

There are really only a few rides where I feel a little silly because I'm typically there without kids, and therefore skip: Bugs land and the Carousels. Everything else, even the Casey Jr. Circus Train, is fair game for me. I have a little shame, apparently, but not much :) Granted, I'm a completist. Despite the lack of kids, I love toontown. Especially when there is nobody at the electric company door but little kids are nearby, my friends and I can be real hams when pulling on that door. :)

Those few i listed aren't things i dislike...I just don't have any particular interest. Of course there are plenty of adults who do them too, and more power to them! But I'm not into it.

Other than that, there is only one ride i dislike and purposefully avoid: The Matterhorn. I want to love it, and was hoping to love it after the refurb, but I still have too many headaches and sore backs in my history to love that ride ever again.

The people who listed POTC and HM.................................. ........ ...... ... . I'm sure you are wonderful people. misguided...but wonderful. ;) Just kidding, I think amusement park rides are very much in the eye of the beholder.

We went to DL last year, and I hadn't been for there about 15 yrs prior. So, there are things I haven't ever done, and some I just don't want to do ever again.

Did once, don't care to do again:
Captain Eo-unfortunately for me DH loved it so I may have to go again
Star Tours-Made me sick. Never again.
California Screamin'-tried it once with DH. never again
Nemo-I don't think my kids liked it enough to warrant standing in that line and being all squished in there again

Haven't done:
Tiki Room-I live in Hawaii. I can get a DOle Whip anytime. Other than that, should I go in?
The riverboat or the canoes-Not sure why I'd want to though?
ToT-oh heck no!
The big wheel-I'm terrified of ferris wheels. I'll gladly sit and wait while everyone else does this one
Great Moments w/Lincoln-I usually walk past. Maybe I'll check it out one day

Tiki Room is a classic show. I rarely get a Dole whip but enjoy the show.

thanks! I will definitely try to check it out next time.

And I remembered another one I've never done, but I do want to do: Tarzan's treehouse. Never did it when it was Swiss Family, and it took me awhile to realize it was that prior.

To the single/childless PPers who are reticent to meet the characters, visit Toon Town, or "ride a fish" on a merry-go-round, I heartily suggest you do all of the stuff you're holding back from at some point. You might actually like those things--not for nothing, but your inner child dragged you to DLR for a reason in the first place. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I go solo frequently and have been very surprised how much fun some of the "kiddy" rides I've skipped are.

This weekend I finally did Mickey's Fun Wheel, this is now #1 on my list of terrifying rides at any Disney park but I loved it, and also did Casey Jr Circus Train, I had always skipped it because it looks like a little kids ride but it had no line when I was walking by so I jumped on and ended up loving it. Classic Disney.

My last solo trip I did Storybook boats for the first time and also did Maters Junkyard and Louigi's Tires, all rides I have skipped because they were "kiddy rides". I thought the Storybook boats were cute and loved Mater and Lougi's, they had me laughing the whole time, pure fun.

I don't like waiting in line for characters but if one is available without a line I love getting pictures with them, it's awkward sometimes (I'm an introvert and don't know what to say) but I still love it.

I still have all of Bugs Land, Goofy's coaster, and a few others to check off my list but there isn't much left I haven't ridden as a solo adult and I plan on riding everything at least once.

We usually always skip toon town. Always have skipped this even when I was a kid and I remember it getting put in I was so confused and thought it was lame.

For many many years I skipped California Adventure all together. I was not happy about it being built and that I had to pay more money to see it etc. I am learning slowly but surely to like it.

Mickey's Not-so-fun wheel, hands down. The first time I went on it, we (stupidly) went on one of the swinging gerbil balls of death. I freaked out with my then 9 year old (and another mother/daughter pair that we didn't know). Not omg I'm so scared..I was seriously FREAKED out. Had to close my eyes and talk myself down. I kept having visions of plummeting down and hitting concrete.

So being the good sport that I am, I went on one of the non-swinging contraptions in July. I didn't freak out as bad (but certainly didn't enjoy it either) however a person in one of the swinging balls next to ours started vomiting and everyone in their contraption started screaming and freaking out.

I am never going on it again..ever.

pirate: Pirate's is the first ride we have done on both our adventures, can't imagine missing it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter