• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Do You Make For Your Vacation?

Hello!
Last year I made DH & myself 2 tie dye shirts, which we'll use again this year. We'll (me, my parents & family friend) also use the change purses from '09.

So far I think I am making 7 MNSSHP trick or treat bags & I've made my parents pillowcases already. Debating if DH, me & friends want them too & possibly Welcome cards for the 3 rooms. Oh, and Mousekeeping envelopes. Last year I made panties for mom & I for the day we left. Tink on the front & Never grow up on the back. My face thing so far.

I'm definitely addicted also! This year I am preparing for a Grand Gathering of 16 (12 have never been to WDW!!!). I am so grateful for all the wonderful disigns I have received thus far!!!! :goodvibes

Things I'm making:

Magnetic Mickey Heads with individual names for each of the six room doors
Grand Gathering T-Shirts for everyone
Grand Gathering tote bags for 6 people
Greeting boxes for 4 children - filled with candy bars (with disigned wrappers), autograph books, coupon books, t-shirt & some things from their favorite characters.
Activity books for 4 children (long drive)
Journal for DS10 and one for family
Dining journal for family
Larger planning binder
3 --- 4X6 binders
Luggage tags for all
2 stroller tags
Door hangers
Invitations for restaurants

Wow! I didn't realize how many things I'm making until I made the list. :rotfl:

I thought I'd chime in.

for my DCL trip in december

I am making

100 magnets, changing them up everyday..and giving alot out
Fish Extender (have all the materials and the sketch made out)
water bottles with DCL logo, trip info
Door Hanger
Luggage tags
Stroller Tags (I don't think we will really need these on DCL but I'm still making them)
and magnetic christmas tree for the door with magnetic xmas presents small though like 8 1/2 x 11 size tree...

Dolly - You are awesome!

I love the gift tags but I'm a newbie...I've saved a tag from Natalie's shared folders but I can't figure out how to personalize them. It's saving it as a .jpg.

Any help is appreciated!!!

I found your post on how to personalize them...you ROCK!!! :worship:

Thanks so much!!!:banana:

So sorry...I'm traveling this week and don't have my computer...this is the first time I've been able to get online. I'm glad you found the "How to Personalize DISigns with MS Word" thread, and have been able to use the directions. Way to go!!!

I have to plan a trip just so I can make some of these amazing things!

Ok I just bookmarked 43 links to check out! Thank you!! You rock!! Can't wait to start trying to figure out what to all make!

I think they are in Natilie's file, but I can not find her link to request them. Anyone know how to get them?

I think they are in Natilie's file, but I can not find her link to request them. Anyone know how to get them?

Look in Natalie's 4shared file:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a06aa930/Natalies_DISigns.html

I think the ones you are lookin for are in the "gift tag" file. Natalie is not personalizing right now but it is super easy to save them as a jpeg to your pictures. Then open up a word document and insert the picture. Then insert an textbox over that to personalize the note.

You can find detailed instructions for how to personalize DISigns using MS Word on this thread (if you have Word):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286193

Look in Natalie's 4shared file:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a06aa930/Natalies_DISigns.html

I think the ones you are lookin for are in the "gift tag" file. Natalie is not personalizing right now but it is super easy to save them as a jpeg to your pictures. Then open up a word document and insert the picture. Then insert an textbox over that to personalize the note.

You can find detailed instructions for how to personalize DISigns using MS Word on this thread (if you have Word):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286193

Thanks Dolly!! I got it to work.:banana:

Dolly you are amazing!! Thank you for this thread and all the ideas, I will have my days planned out for me making my binder and lists!! You Rawk!!
:cool1: :banana:

I am officially an addict. ....

I also am looking into a dining punch card and canvas tote bags for my girls. But I am curious what does everone else make and take with them? This is the best way to pass the time before the trip (not like I don't do anything else ;))

Okay, I have been trying to figure out a dining punch card! Do you make one for each person to keep up with dining plan?

I am intrigued!

Thanks Dolly!! I got it to work.:banana:

This also works in Pages and Keynote which are the Mac versions of Ms word!

I love this thread! This is going to be the best trip ever!
Thanks ever so much for sharing your talents and sweet personality! :thumbsup2

Dolly you are amazing!! Thank you for this thread and all the ideas, I will have my days planned out for me making my binder and lists!! You Rawk!!
:cool1: :banana:

Thanks for the praise!

This also works in Pages and Keynote which are the Mac versions of Ms word!

I love this thread! This is going to be the best trip ever!
Thanks ever so much for sharing your talents and sweet personality! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad that it worked for you with a Mac version of Word! I know your trip will be amazing!!! I think the best advice I can give is...if you make nothing else...make an autograph book if you like meeting the characters. A personalized autograph book makes meeting them extra special and most make a big deal over their cards.

I love this thread the best. It's like my check list for what to make. Thanks so much for doing this.

as much as i LOVE the ideas on this thread, I am now totally overwhelmed as to where to start with all the thinks to print and make! lol! But thats not actually a bad thing. good thing I have 8 months to go:goodvibes

as much as i LOVE the ideas on this thread, I am now totally overwhelmed as to where to start with all the thinks to print and make! lol! But thats not actually a bad thing. good thing I have 8 months to go:goodvibes

First thing...don't get overwhelmed. Your kids will be so excited by the trip that if you don't make a single thing it is perfectly fine.

I would suggest since you have 8 months. Start with a simple planning journal so that you can plan out your vacation, like what days you will be at specific parks, extra things you would like to do like Bibbity Boppity Boo Make Over or MVMCP/MNSSHP. Also, a planner will help you to get your meals organized!

Include in you planner a list of things you would like to make or buy and then you can check them off. Maybe pick just a few things and then if you get them made...add some more. I always suggest planning some set time weekly or at least once a month where you can sit down and get some crafting done.

Some musts (depending on the age of your children):

T-shirts (you can make or buy them)

Autograph books (older age kids may not be interested in these but they are GREAT for little ones and character meals)

Travel Bags for the kids: I love putting backpacks together with fun things to keep the kids occupied in the car or plane. You don't even have to make anything for this. Go to the Dollar Tree as they have TONS of great Disney things like coloring books, puzzles, toys, games, playing cards, crayons that you can throw in a backpack or bag. Don't forget to throw in a few snacks as well when you get closer to your date of travel!

Some things to do next (if you have the time and desire):

Daily Journal for the kids: there are lots of great ones out there...but if you want one that is already set up in MS Word and doesn't require a TON of ink...check mine

Epcot Passport

You still have several months to go and are really getting into the trip:

Mickey's Grand Welcome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter