• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you guys think ???

megnsamsgrace

Mouseketeer
OKay, I checked out ebay out of curiosity. I found a new listing for www.jackscondo.com (his website not the ebay auction) It looks nice. The guy just emailed me that I can have a full 2 weeks stay (2bdroom) for $475 total! I am obviously not going in a high season. Is it worth it??? Steph due with #4 and planning Disney trip #2 in less than a year ;)

Are you driving down? Or planning to rent a car?
If he's saying that it's '25 minutes from Disney', you can estimate that it's about 25 miles from Disney.

Are you going to want to try to fight the traffic out of the parks to drive back to the condo? Is your DW willing to cook on vacation for two weeks?

I will say that the pictures of the inside of the condos look a heck of a lot better than the outside does.

Just consider all of your variables before making a final decision, because your deposit might not be refundable.

Hope this helps.......

OKay, we are flying down and renting a van ($350 with budget for 2 weeks). My friend lives 3 miles away so I called her last night and she said they are completely renovating the entire place. Someone new just bought the resort. They just put one brand new pool in and will have another within the next 2 months. She said it is very quiet and HUGE, lots to relax. It is southwest of Disney so what my friend said traffic won't be a huge deal, just getting out of the parks then the rest is good. She said to go eat you will have to drive somewhere but that if you want to take it easy (which we do with a new baby) this is nice. We won't be cooking at the place all the time, just a few times... mostly sandwiches and things... I also can get a full refund within 60 days. I told him no deposit until I get something in writing stating all this. Steph

I think the photos look really nice and a good price. If they are being redone they should be neat and clean.

It sounds like a really good deal Steph-

However, before you put your money down- ask him for references or recommendations from other previous renters (including phone numbers).

This way you can review their remarks concerning quality of service and repair issues, and contact them if you have any additional questions (also if you're expected to wash linens or other bedroom/bathroom washables). I know that you'll probably do your own, but this would be nice to know.

If you have the address, you might want to check out available services near the condo (restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations for the minivan).

Have a great trip!

I have email addresses for the people who have rented from him (both off ebay and his website). I have emailed 4 of them so far and waiting to hear back (Just sent the msgs today). Also, I did get directions for gas stations, a Wal Mart (will probably hit Sams by the air port though) and I found out where restaurants are. We can hit RT27 and find some places to eat or use 27 to get to 192 and we already know tons of places to eat there. We had some good food there last year. Its nice to have a friend who lives right there (and works at Disney!!) to help! Thanks for all your help! I appreciate it! Steph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter