What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Sorry I didn't wade through all 27 pages of this, so if this is a repeat, I apologize!

I am so glad we brought disposable cameras for our nearly 3 year old. The pictures aren't great, but they are so fun! (Lots of back tires of the Cars and Stars parade, etc.) She loved posing her plush animals in the room as well. Those were the things important to HER on the trip and that was SO important to remember when she was taking pictures of what just seemed random things to us.

I wish I would have known how much she would enjoy them so that I could have brought at least 3 cameras (or more). Once we were there and I figured it out, I wasn't going to pay Disney prices for pictures of people's rear ends!:rotfl: Next time, I'll know better!

It DID inspire Santa to bring her a "kids" digital camera, though...:santa: (however, I would NEVER bring that HUGE monster on vacation since I know who would end up carrying it! hint--not HER!:laughing: )

I've taken more note from just this thread that I did all through college. :)

Sanity is in the eye of the beholder.
We think you're fine.:thumbsup2

LOL I'm so glad I found this board. I have been the one planning this entire vacation because my hubby is occupied doing army things. I'd be sooooo terribly lost right now if I hadn't stumbled across this board!

So here's my tip: READ THE DIS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!!!!

I like to book Priority Seating at the Park offering the early morning magic hour for breakfast, or the one offerining extra magic evening hours for dinner. If we have breakfast booked for 8:50 a.m., we can ride at least two of our favourite rides, sometimes three, before our breakfast and when the park opens to everyone else. The same holds true for dinner. Very easy to go from dinner to get our bracelets to stay late. Of course, it is always good to spend the afternoon at your resort to relax. OUr personal favourite it the Caribbean Beach Resort. Have a great time!
donna:)

Staying on property at a Disney Resort is a must. Just park your car and forget it. Also if you are at all interested in eating at a nice sit down restaurant, make reservations as soon as possible! Do the research and find some places to eat ahead of time. If you just show up and expect to get in you will either have a long wait, or not get in at all.

And yes, I used sharpie to write our phone number on both of the kid’s arms. I am paranoid I guess…

You aren't paranoid. The first time I took my DS to a park (he was 3), I wrote on his back with a Sharpie: 'My name is _____. My mom's name is _____. Her cell phone # is_________'. I told him if he got lost to show someone his back. So, I guess if you are paranoid, I am too! :)

1. Walk, walk, walk before you go! Your legs will thank you!
2. Bring your own bottled water (pack a case in your luggage!) Huge money saver!
3. Take advantage of the refillable mug at your resort. We had soda at the resort, our bottled water in the parks and (if your on the DDP) soda or adult beverages with dinner. It pays for itself. Also....you can take them with you on future trips (as long as your staying at the same resort), which has saved us tons over the years.
4. Bottle straps...while cheesy and $4 are worth the money. (again a one time purchase as long as you don't lose them at home and remember to pack them! :)
5. Don't buy ANYTHING (except food) on the first day! Unless it's mouse ears! Our rule is "no shopping on the first day" amazing how much money this has saved over the years!
6. Don't plan everything to the minute. Have a loose plan in place and take the trip as it comes! You may miss more if you plan everything, than if you don't!
7. USE THE FAST PASS!!! Can't stress this enough!
8. Don't live in the parks, take time out to explore your resort and DTD.

:) I didn't make it through this entire thread so it may have been posted already, but one of the photopass photographers suggested that we take a photo of the number on our photopass card in case it got lost. Fortunately we didn't lose it, but after all of the work filling it up, I would have been so upset if we lost it!
Lynn

i tried but my camera could not focus clearly enough to read it. I will have my cell phone with me. so i will be text messaging the # on the card to myself:goodvibes
I also did this with all my dinner reservations, so that way i dont have to carry the reservation #'s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter