What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Alright I need all the tips I can get...we are thinking about taking my DS in February and he'll be 16months..what are some things you did that worked and didn't work..

SoontobMrsZ said:
Alright I need all the tips I can get...we are thinking about taking my DS in February and he'll be 16months..what are some things you did that worked and didn't work..

Use the baby stations! They are cool, peaceful, and sell supplies if needed. Also take clear plastic bags for storage and supplies... We carried diapers, wipes, rags, and more wipes, etc in them and didn't feel bad about leaving them in the stroller while we went on attractions (much less tempting than a backpack or diaper bag). We also put smelly diapers in them and zipped them up before throwing them in a trash can (helps the smell for everyone else).

We took our youngest at about the same age and it was actually pretty easy...he loved the monorail, the train, the music, etc. and he sat in the stroller and ate lollipops all day. Probably not the best for his teeth but he loved it!

We found it was easier then that at 3 yrs when he had a strong opinion about everything! (Including which monorail he would ride based on the color!). No idea how much he remembers from way back, but he's still a Disney lover!

To avoid putting dish detergent in a 3oz bottle or less (for airline travel).... I've made my own dish detergent sheets-just squirt dish detergent on a good quality paper towel & let dry-then fold up & place in a zip-top bag.These are great for washing resort mugs.
One of the major dish detergent brands had a version of this on the market some years ago.

gardengalB4 said:
To avoid putting dish detergent in a 3oz bottle or less (for airline travel).... I've made my own dish detergent sheets-just squirt dish detergent on a good quality paper towel & let dry-then fold up & place in a zip-top bag.These are great for washing resort mugs.
One of the major dish detergent brands had a version of this on the market some years ago.

Now that's a great idea!

I haven't done this yet but I've seen people suggesting taking a foldable water bottle to save space. They're smaller in general when filled but some you can roll up and clip. I know Vapur is a popular brand so I did a little price comparison. You can find Vapur bottles on Ebay for $2.75 INCLUDING shipping versus the cheapest vapur bottle for $15.24 INCLUDING shipping on the Vapur site. Then if you want the insulating, moisture wicking sweater for the bottle you can find it for $11.69 INCLUDING shipping versus $12.24 INCLUDING shipping. Ebay would be the way to go for either/both of these items but especially the actual bottle!

Just bought a hanging shower mesh organizer from Dollar General. It has a clothes hanger type hook so you can hang it from the shower head, curtain rod, towel rod, etc. It has 6 pockets (2 in 3 rows). Paid $2.50 :)

I took my DS when she was 16 months. We had a double stroller that she shared with her cousin who was 2 1/2. We had a sun curtain and we just put that down and she slept through some part of the parks. We also went back to the hotel in the afternoon to have nap time, or at least quiet down time if she was to excited to sleep. Overall I think she had a great time and it was pretty stress free!

ADRs prior to a park opening to beat the crowds and obtain fast passes. Best advice ever.

Everyone had a first time for going to Disney. You remember, people heard that you were going, and lots of them gave you advice. Or perhaps, if your like me, you read everything that you could get your hands on. Well which items of advice did you listen to? Be it a practical one or a magical one. On my first trip with my 4 year old grandson, I am glad I listened when someone told me to ask to sit in the front of the monorail. We did that our first night on the way to Epcot and it was wonderful. Definitely do a character meal, I was advised. We did three, and they were all special in their own way. I also remembered hearing something about O'hana and dinner and fireworks. It was my birthday and we had spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney, which was a disaster. It was about 8 o'clock and we were back at our hotel, I was starved. We thought about room service. I remembered somewhere about asking for seating at O'hanas, you might be able to get in without a PS. It was not a busy season. We got seated, it was my birthday, I got serenaded to the tune of Hawaii 50. It was my 50th birthday. We saw the fireworks from the restaurant and it was all spur of the moment. I simply remembered, at the right time, of course, and my birthday was really magical. So you all have them. What is the one piece of advice you are glad you listened to? Practically or Magically?

Hello all.. this is our first DW trip. We are going the week of Thanksgiving.
We plan to spend 2 days at WDW and 1 day possibly 2 at Universal.
We have a son with special needs .... any advice?

I paid for Tour Guide Mike's thing but can not figure it out..
I would like an easier guide to help us through..

Our kids range from 12-23.
Im so confused. We rented a 4bedroom house offsite, 6 miles from WDW.

What are all these abbreveations? DD, DH, DS.... etc... is there a guide.

Thanks all I love all the advice Ive read, Im to page 14 and still reading...

Please reach out.. Im overwhelmed..

9 of us going.. Praying for magical memories!:cheer2:

Hello all.. this is our first DW trip. We are going the week of Thanksgiving.
We plan to spend 2 days at WDW and 1 day possibly 2 at Universal.
We have a son with special needs .... any advice?

I paid for Tour Guide Mike's thing but can not figure it out..
I would like an easier guide to help us through..

Our kids range from 12-23.
Im so confused. We rented a 4bedroom house offsite, 6 miles from WDW.

What are all these abbreveations? DD, DH, DS.... etc... is there a guide.

Thanks all I love all the advice Ive read, Im to page 14 and still reading...

Please reach out.. Im overwhelmed..

9 of us going.. Praying for magical memories!:cheer2:

So many veterans here and so much great advice. I'm only on my third trip but my most basic advice would be:
1) Go to Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar to figure out which days to do which parks. You obviously want the least amt of crowds possible, esp. that week.
2) I'd spend more time at Disney than Universal unless your kids are coaster fanatics. I love coasters, but I generally only ride Big Thunder Mountain when in FL - there's just so much more to see and do. Universal can be squeezed into a day easier than Disney can.
3) If you're only spending 2-3 days at Disney parks, definitely do the park hopper option so you can see as much as possible.
4) Check the parade and fireworks schedule on this site (or just google it) so you don't miss whatever interests you. At a minimum, I would try to see Wishes at MK and Illuminations at Epcot to close 2 of the nights.
5) If you're planning to dine at table service restaurants (either w/ dining plan or w/o), make your reservations on Disney's site NOW. There are lots of restaurant reviews on this site if you're not sure where you might want to eat.
6) If you go to HS, head for the Toy Story Mania fast pass station immediately when you get into the park. Those go quicker than any other ride in any of the parks (at least both times we were there in the last couple of yrs anyway).

Good luck and have fun! :)

In terms of your child with special needs, Go to guest services and get a Guest Assistance Card(GAC) i think thats what its called. It helps you get thru the attractions faster. Our son has special needs and this card has helped us tremendously while at the world.

Hi everyone! I am new to this board. I am so glad I found it! I haven't been to DW in 20 or more years, and back then I was young enough that my parents did all the planning! This year we are bringing our six kids, age range 8 -19, and I am doing the planning. We are joining my dad, his fiance, my brother, SIL, and niece there. So excited to see them for Christmas! This board has been VERY helpful! Thank you to everyone that has contributed their best tips!

We will be there on Christmas Day, :santa: staying for just a short visit of four days! So far my plan is to just take it easy! I am letting each kid pick out one thing that they really want to see or do and try to make that happen for each of them. Besides that I am just going to take it slow and see what we can see, since I know ya can't see it ALL. I do want to see the Osborne lights though for sure! I also want to hit up the Disney Outlet store for souvenirs. We are staying on site. We have Park Hopper Passes. My dad has made dinner reservations for two of the nights. The rest we are considering eating outside of DW. Any tips on nearby McD's or other fast food places where we can eat cheap? With a group of 8, the cheaper the better! LOL

If anyone has any more tips for this time of year at DW, please share! :)

Best piece of advice that I got was to bring your own poncho and have it with you at all times...EVEN if they say it's not going to rain. You never know. We found out the hard way last year :) . A really good piece of advice that I got from my brother was to start walking. I know it sounds wierd but he said that you do an OBSCENE amount of walking in all of the parks. He wanted us to be ready. Really glad that I followed that one.

THIS. Getting caught in the rain is horrific in Florida D:

My magical tip -- if you go to Enchanted Tales with Belle in the new Fantasyland section, volunteer to be part of the show. It's a lot of fun (even saying just one line) and you get a nice picture with Belle and a bookmark from her. Great fun for both kids & grown-ups. My daughter got to play the horse and I was the maid/feather duster when we went on Nov. 7 and we are all still laughing about it.

We are here now & I'll say the tip on packing light is a good one. Also the filtered water bottles.

Where is the Disney outlet? We thought there was one on 535 but it's a "Character Outlet" with a very small selection of things. I found much more at the Wal-Mart on 535 as well as on Vine/Bass Rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter