What can you find in the ship's gift shops that you can't find anywhere else?

One I got 5 yds. of Animator's Palate fabric. It was the one with all the colors. I made placemats out of the fabric for home and a special Dis board family.

Oh my goodness - I sew, alot - and that would be the find of a lifetime for me! I would love it!!!

They had both on the ship. The floating Mickey head is the Fantasy exclusive without the diamond bezel. It had the satin strap which is a bit odd for such an expensive watch. I'd think a metal or leather band would be more appropriate.

They also had some Happy Diamond Mickey necklaces, but I don't remember what they looked like. They did have one pendant where the Mickey spun at a fixed location so that it would always stay upright with three floating gems.

Not a lot of selection on board but here's a not-so-great picture of the watch part of the Chopard case (sorry, didn't get the necklaces and stuff):

i-rVDgZ7D-M.jpg

Thanks so much for that info. Now I have time to save up before my January cruise. Hope the Chopard items are still on board then.

On our cruise (4/21/12) they had the original Disney Cruise Line Dooney and Bourke purses 25% off. I really wanted an inagural Dooney and Bourke Fantasy purse but I didn't like the design because it wasn't specific to the Fantasy. On the Monday of our cruise the original Disney Cruise LIne Dooney and Bourke were displayed in Whitecaps on sale and I found one with Mickey on the front.

I forgot how much they were but here is a pic of the ship charm you can buy onboard. A few of mine on the bracelet were bought onboard.

MJ

Started collecting the Dooney and bourke bags on our Disney trips!! Now I would love to start one of these bracelets! Do they sell the actual bracelet there or just the charms?? If so, is it cheapier to buy the bracelet before hand and get the charms on board?! Thanks!!!

Oh this is what I was afraid of, lol. I'm going to see something I love and never find it again so this is good to know. I tend not to impulse but and instead wait it out for a while. I can see that I won't be able to do that. Good to know! Thanks!

I'm the same way. I'll think a bit about a purchase before I do it. But shopping this way on the ships is not the way to go.

If you want something in the gift shop, buy it then. It may not be there when you go back.

I got my wife this watch for her birthday (had to special order it from Switzerland). Hers is a plain bezel with a white leather strap. I did get a few dollars knocked off (not my first time to the Chopard rodeo) Once she opens it I will post a picture.

I got my wife this watch for her birthday (had to special order it from Switzerland). Hers is a plain bezel with a white leather strap. I did get a few dollars knocked off (not my first time to the Chopard rodeo) Once she opens it I will post a picture.

What a lucky, lucky lady. I want to order the Chopard Mickey bracelet.
Can you PM the info on where you ordered it from? I'd be curious to see the price difference in ordering it from overseas as opposed to ordering it here.
thanks,

Oh yeah....can't wait to see pics.

Have you given your wife the watch yet?
What was here reaction?
I would love to see the picture. Have you posted it yet?

When you said special order... was it ordered through a disney store, the ship etc or direct with chopard?

Thanks

Actually, last year our DD's were able to use their gift cards directly at the Gift Shops, which was a change from their previous rules! It was nice since then they knew how much they could spend!

Does anyone know if the gift cards are now accepted on ALL the Disney cruise ships? I'll be on the Disney Dream in August and would love for my granddaughters to be able use them.

Does anyone know if the gift cards are now accepted on ALL the Disney cruise ships? I'll be on the Disney Dream in August and would love for my granddaughters to be able use them.

Well, I know they are accepted on the Dream for sure.

Also, these are the Disney Gift Cards that you can purchase at stores. The Chase Visa REWARDS card is not accepted in the stores, but can be applied to your stateroom account (as can the gift cards).

Anyone know if they are accepted now on the Magic/Wonder?

I love the exclusive DCL jewelry. I bought a Tiffany style necklace several years ago, it has a solid Mickey head instead of the heart. I wear it at least 3 to 4 days a week. DH bought me another necklace on our last cruise that I love as well.

Ilove your cats! And did you make the mickey cover for their basket? Soo cute!! Aloha, Karen:goodvibes

Ilove your cats! And did you make the mickey cover for their basket? Soo cute!! Aloha, Karen:goodvibes

Thank you! A very good friend gave me the basket and cover. Someone had made it for her. When I brought it home I put it on the table and a couple of hours later I walk and and find the cat sleeping away.

My dd and I bought a t-shirt type gown 3 years ago with the ship and characters on it. I still wear it all of the time (stretches with weight gain too:thumbsup2) It has not faded or anything.

I just got off the fantasy and didn't see any Tervis, not a one and i looked. I really wanted one that was from C Cay or Fantasy... Does anyone have a picture of those? I may post on an upcoming cruise to see if someone will look and get me one.

Also, I know do another item only sold on C cay - the Castaway Cay 5k shirt. Awesome if you run it, which i did but they only had XL and XXL

i almost didn't find that cc 5k shirt! i was panicking! lol!! i found a large but was hoping for a med at most. i am thinking of cutting it down to a baby doll tshirt style so i will wear it...

you all are going to think i'm crazy (well maybe not since SOMEONE had to buy them ALL on my cruise) but after eating at AP i fell in love w/ the butter knives. when i walked into one of the shops and found them FOR SALE i almost passed out! but of course dh said "wait til later" well i waited and guess what?!?! they.were.gone. :mad: i even asked if they would be refilling them...nope! so very sad. now i am just crossing my fingers that this isn't a fantasy exclusive and that i'll be able to get them on the wonder next year when we go to alaska.

I found a black wrap dress on the Wonder/Magic a couple of years ago that I waited and thought about. We were on the MV of the Dream and I figured I would finally get it then(yeah, I thought about it THAT much)- not carried on the new ships. As soon as I stepped foot on the Wonder last year and the shops opened I was there looking for it. Found it, in my size, and love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world- basic black, jersey-so it doesn't wrinkle- wrap-style covers the bulges;), perfect with sandals or heels.

I now know not to wait- ever again. Even for the non-logo stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter