What can you find in the ship's gift shops that you can't find anywhere else?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by luv2sleep, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Mom2Kaylee

Mom2Kaylee DCL, DVC, & WDW Addict

This is the Tervis we got on the Dream last July! Thats all we use in our house so we were SO excited to see them on the ship! Im hoping the have one for the Fantasy! And I am shocked to hear about the one on CC! Im totally getting that one too lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hardingk

hardingk DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

I'm SUPER excited about the CC one too!! All we have in our house is Tervis Tumblers! They are awesome!!

4. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

I like the tumblers!

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I forgot how much they were but here is a pic of the ship charm you can buy onboard. A few of mine on the bracelet were bought onboard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MJ

6. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I didn't see anything that said Tervis on them. :(. All I saw were done travel mugs.

7. tynkerbell

tynkerbell Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff> My MIL gave me

How much does that cost? (Trying to figure out my souvenir budget).

8. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Love Love Love your bracelet!! I have several of the same charms ;)

9. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Photo Albums.... I need one more... if anyone wants to help me out :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I bought one - I need 2 :rotfl2: I had to use another one from Target and it drives me CRAZY they don't match :)

10. Partridge4ever

Partridge4ever DIS Veteran

I LOVE the ship charm bead. Are these interchangable with the Pandora bracelets? Those are popular here; never heard of the Chamillia brand. My DD really wants one but I've resisted, but we may all have to get one just for this charm. I thought I might get the charms onboard and save the bracelet purchase for home so that it doesn't come out of our cruise budget.

11. DLW8

DLW8 DIS Veteran

Yes, Chamilla beads will fit on Pandora bracelets. I have a Pandora and got a mickey head bead (Chamilla) from a local store here. I definitely want the ship when we sail in September!

12. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

I believe the open editions of the David Doss prints are $45 each. He also has limited edition pieces which are $495.
    He has done 3 pieces for DCL; "Castaway Cay", "Dreamin' at Castaway Cay", and a piece for the Fantasy which I can't remember the name.

13. algae

algae Mouseketeer

There's also the exclusive Chopard Happy Mickey watch on the Fantasy for a cool 14KUSD as well as the Fantasy tiara. I think the tiara was about 40KUSD, but where would someone wear such a thing? :confused3 The watch is pretty cool if you are into the Happy Diamonds thing. Too bad my photo of it came out crummy.

14. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

You cannot return DCL merchandise at the Parks. We tried to return something last September and were told no in a couple of the stores and also at Guest Services in DTD.

15. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

Was that the full face Mickey watch with the diamond bezel or the floating diamond Mickey head with the diamond bezel? Did they have the Happy Diamond Mickey watch without the diamond bezel? I've been trying to find out the price of the watches and haven't been able to, this is the first I've seen the price of one of them.
    Did you happen to notice if they had any other Chopard pieces or not?

16. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a photo of his prints ?

17. Mom323

Mom323 Founding member of FOG

If you google David Doss Disney Cruise and choose images, quite a few come up. :thumbsup2

18. wendydarling78

wendydarling78 She's a Darling...

We're going on the Magic July 28 - August 5. Not sure if your book was ship/itinerary exclusive, but I'd be happy to ship you a second book if it's availiable! :)

I am an OCD scrapper myself, and things like that drive me crazy! LOL! :D

Wendy

19. Mom2PrincessesLinSy

Mom2PrincessesLinSy DIS Veteran

Actually, last year our DD's were able to use their gift cards directly at the Gift Shops, which was a change from their previous rules! It was nice since then they knew how much they could spend!

20. lookitsaplane

lookitsaplane Proud owner of Disney Stock! :D

So from what i've read, every once in a while the stores will carry items from the ship that are no longer used, like AP fabric and mooring ropes?

Also, how many shops total are there on the Fantasy?

21. algae

algae Mouseketeer

They had both on the ship. The floating Mickey head is the Fantasy exclusive without the diamond bezel. It had the satin strap which is a bit odd for such an expensive watch. I'd think a metal or leather band would be more appropriate.

They also had some Happy Diamond Mickey necklaces, but I don't remember what they looked like. They did have one pendant where the Mickey spun at a fixed location so that it would always stay upright with three floating gems.

Not a lot of selection on board but here's a not-so-great picture of the watch part of the Chopard case (sorry, didn't get the necklaces and stuff):

[​IMG]