What Attraction needs to be updated or overhauled the most?

Honey I Shrunk the Audience. After Philarmagic opened it made honey look really lame. I would love to see something new.
I hate it's tough to be a bug, I wouldn't shed a tear if that went bye, bye.

Star Tours!!! I've seen better simulator rides at the local mall food court. They don't just need a new film, but a completely new ride that does justice to having the rights to such a huge franchise.

Same with the Indy show. Would love to have the DL ride in WDW, or something new Indy-related, especially with the new movie coming out.

Great Movie ride - great movies didn't end in the 80's.

Ellen - the Jeopardy theme seems so dated. I hate sitting through that portion of the ride now. How many kids even know who Bill Nye the science guy is anymore?

I can't believe no one has stated the obvious: CoP! We love this attraction, but please update the last scene.

Oh no, you're not going to talk about the old days, when you didn't even have a car phone?

;)

I know I am going to cause an outrage but Space Mountain reeaaalllly needs an overhaul. I know they were talking about it, and the last time they refurbed Space at another Disney park it took 3 years....but the tracks are so rough I get a headache from riding it. I had the same problem with Spaceship Earth and now it is closed for refurb...sadly it will not be opening again until November and my trip is in October, but at least it's getting the help it needed. The tracks were so loud I couldn't hear the audio...I didn't even know it was Jeremy Irons and I've been on the ride 100 times!

Might I mention....BRING BACK THE TOAD!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

:rotfl: I agree, I miss that ride so much.

I also say that Swiss Family Tree House needs to go and the Jungle Cruise needs a modern update. My kids wouldn't even care about Adventureland if Pirates and the Magic Carpets were gone.

Isn't Spaceship Earth having a major overhaul? I read somewhere that the ride is going to be interactive. They are going to put new vehicles in that allow the riders to push buttons and be more interactive with the ride.

1) Jungle Cruise --- don't touch it, i love hearing the same jokes, it's like knowing all of the words to haunted mansion! (and to everyone who said with the movie it should be updated, but it is based on a movie already! i hope the movie doesn't change it)

2) Space Mountain --- needs to be updated like DL or DLP!

3) CoP --- just fix the last scene... use some different new technology!

4) Test Track --- just does not do it for me!!!

5) Peter Pan is my favorite dark ride, don't change a thing, but the paint could be redone!

6) GET RID OF POOH's THOUGHFUL SPOT (playground) --- waste of space

7) Ellen's Universe of Energy --- needs to be completely overhauled (in today's day and age with technolog, why can i see the speakers so plainely, no theming)

8) Great Movie Ride --- add another movie (something more current)

Now the problem with theis thread is that we all sit here and say the stuff needs to be updated but if Disney was to close any of it to update, there would be multiple threads complaining that the stuff is closed. We can't have it both ways!

wow... the more I read these the more I realize there are quite a few that could use some updating! Of course if they DO get updated, then I would be on here starting a thread asking you all what you miss most about WDW!:rotfl2:

But here are my few.

Movie Ride... for sure! I had to explain to DS age 11 what most of the movies are besides The Wizard of Oz!

Star Tours... If I hear the robot pilot tell me it's "his first flight too" one more time I'm gonna scream! I think I've been on that ride 50 times over the years. It's getting old now.

Indiana Jones.. they're doing a new movie right? Hopefully that will give the show some new life!

I thought I was going to be the only one mentioning Space Mt., but I see I'm not. It is in horrible need of a refurb. I loved that ride, but can't do it anymore because I get sick and my whole body hurts for hours afterwards. A smoother track would be very welcome.

Another one...Ellen's Energy Adventure. The last part of that ride is torture.

Bring back Horizons, World Of Motion and Journey into Your Imagination(original).

Splash Mt.

Tomorrowland Speedway

I know I am going to cause an outrage but Space Mountain reeaaalllly needs an overhaul. I know they were talking about it, and the last time they refurbed Space at another Disney park it took 3 years....but the tracks are so rough I get a headache from riding it. I had the same problem with Spaceship Earth and now it is closed for refurb...sadly it will not be opening again until November and my trip is in October, but at least it's getting the help it needed. The tracks were so loud I couldn't hear the audio...I didn't even know it was Jeremy Irons and I've been on the ride 100 times!

I didn't know it was Jeremy Irons until I started comming here. I agree that the track is very loud and distracting. I hope they Keep the original recording.

I just went on Small World a few weeks ago and it is in desperate need of a refurb (If you look closely the paint is cracked and worn everywhere). As far as “What Attraction needs to be updated or overhauled the most”, the back-lot tour at MGM needs to either become something else or be completely overhauled. It is one of the few attractions on property that I look at and say, “complete waste of time”.

I agree with the OP completely - IASM is showing some serious wear - a good healthy paint job is in order and SOON!!!

We did the backlot tour for the first time this past August and we were totally underwhelmed. I don't know if its just us or if anyone else felt the same way, but we couldn't see what the big draw is. But at least we went on it and we can by-pass it on our next trip.

Yes, I know this is a little off subject:scared: …but not completely. I see a lot of “fix Star Tours” on here but before Disney does that I would like to see company resources spent on more non-show attractions at MGM. If you have seen the shows you really can do the park in about two or three hours (four hours if the park is busy). I really dislike when they close an attraction to put a new one in it’s place :sad1: (all of the parks except MGM have plenty of room to expand without butchering old attractions).

Indiana Jones--- -they need to redo some of the scenes to make it fresh!

How many times can you be surprised by the same thing!!!!!

I just went on Small World a few weeks ago and it is in desperate need of a refurb (If you look closely the paint is cracked and worn everywhere). As far as “What Attraction needs to be updated or overhauled the most”, the back-lot tour at MGM needs to either become something else or be completely overhauled. It is one of the few attractions on property that I look at and say, “complete waste of time”.

Didn't Small World in Walt Disney World get a major overhaul in 2006? I can't believe that it is already back in bad shape again.

I agree with MGM Backlot Tour. It has lost its appeal for me. I didn't go in 06 and I don't plan on seeing it in 08 either.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience. That movie is so old...The kids have to be in their 20's by now!

According to IMDB.com, the "boy" who plays Nick is going to be 30 next year, while the twins who play the little boy Adam just turned 19.

1. Star Tours - Especially since "Star Wars Weekends" at (the soon to be known as) Disney Hollywood Studios is such a big draw, updating the ride with a new film, maybe something out of Episode II or III, would be worthwhile! Originally I thought this was the plan, but I guess not.

2. Indiana Jones -Hopefully this show will get updated with the release of the new movie in 2008 (?) Can't remember if it's being released next year or 2009.

3. Backstage tour.

4. Honey I shrunk the audience -Kids today probably aren't even familiar with this film! As an aside, I regret never having had the chance to see Captain EO before it closed. I know Michael Jackson is a weirdo now, but I heard this was awesome.

5. Space Mountain -Update it like they did in DL or DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter