What Attraction needs to be updated or overhauled the most?

Tomorrowland Speedway. Hand down. IMO it is the most boring attraction on all of Disney property. There is nothing appealing, nostalgic or fun about those cars...Seems like it takes up a LOT of space ... At the very least maybe they could update it to be the characters from Cars? :confused3

I like this thread!! It's so interesting to read everyones opinions...

Here's what I think needs a "refreshment"

- Muppets 3D: I love love love this show and the Muppets and this area at the Studios...but the show is just soooo old. The effects are nothing in comparison to Philharmagic. It needs a new movie! And updated effects!

- Country Bears: I know a lot of people love this show but to me it's like the black hole of the MK. It's good for taking naps in.

- Sounds Dangerous: This is just another waste of space at the Studios. There's many areas of the park they could be better utilizing, this being one of them. I'm glad at least they are adding Toy Story Mania to that area of the park.

- The Great Movie Ride: Can you tell I worked at the Studios?? This ride needs to be revamped from the bottom up. Young children (and even young adults) haven't even heard of or seen half of these movies!!

That's my two cents!! :yay:

At Hollywood Studios I would say Indiana Jones needs updating, maybe with the new movie coming out soon may add some life to this attraction.

At Epcot I would say make some major changes to Universe of Energy, update Honey I Shrunk the Audience and add a couple different choices to Soarin'.

At Magic Kingdom, do away with Stich all together!!!

From the things I went on during my trip, I'm going with Nemo. The digital images in the tank are cool, but the ride itself isn't up to Disney standards as far as I'm concerned. At one point you pass a big visible speaker pumping out the sound for the following room.... that sort of thing can only be attributed to laziness and lack of attention to detail, the hallmark of Disney Imagineering.
It's really too bad, because the rest of the pavilion is one of my favorite attractions!
Second would be the Backstage Tour, which apart from Catastrophe Canyon is pretty lame.

All the space used for Lights Motor, Action could mbe put to much better use. It was an ok show but they could have done much better.

I can't believe no one has stated the obvious: CoP! We love this attraction, but please update the last scene.

Omg yes hehe how many tube tv's do u see bring in a flat panel and surround sound.

My fiance wanted to me post the following:

"Pirates of the Caribbean needs to be overhauled...if you know what I mean." :rotfl2:

He hates that they added Jack Sparrow, and even though I love me some Johnny Depp, I miss the original PotC.

Omg yes hehe how many tube tv's do u see bring in a flat panel and surround sound.

I agree. CoP is one of my all time favorites, but it just needs some fixing up. Rode a couple weeks ago, and in the second scene, where the father is holding a Niagra Falls fan, it looks like he has a broken wrist. It's just kind of dangling there. And the end scene is a great view of 1996.

The supposedly new and improved Fiesta ride in the Mexico pavillion. They took what was admittedly an outdated but relaxing ride and turned it into an annoying and stupid ride. I like Donald Duck, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't stand that ride. Please redo it again Disney!

I just went on Small World a few weeks ago and it is in desperate need of a refurb (If you look closely the paint is cracked and worn everywhere).

Small World was just redone only a couple of years ago. They had it closed for quite a while.

I was on it in October, and thought it looked beautiful!

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride too and much prefer it to the Pooh ride. I can't imagine changes to Jungle Cruise--it is such a classic and I love it the way it is!!

Tomorrowland Speedway. Hand down. IMO it is the most boring attraction on all of Disney property. There is nothing appealing, nostalgic or fun about those cars...Seems like it takes up a LOT of space ... At the very least maybe they could update it to be the characters from Cars? :confused3

I agree with Star Tours and Indy Jones, but without a doubt the Tomorrowland Speedway is the absolute worst. Little kids seem to like it, so I wouldnt get rid of it, but how about cars that are a little quieter and don't smell like gasoline and exhaust fumes. How about electric that you can actually steer. Sometimes I wonder if the steering wheel is even connected to the front wheels.

Jungle Cruise gets my vote. So much potential, if they would get it out of the 80s.

I would agree with Indiana Jones. They need to just do away with the show. It's very outdated.

With a new Indy movie coming out in May I don't think that's going to happen.

In Disneyland Mr. Toad's Wild Ride definately needs to be refurbished or retired. Toady was on the same level as a local carnival track ride.

IMO, the following things should be replaced with something better.

Stitch
Peter Pan
Snow White
The Living Seas
The preachy Pumbaa and Timon thing in The Land
Most of Innoventions
The movie in Norway
Pocahantas
Lights, Motor, Action
Indiana Jones
Sounds Dangerous

The Tiki Room and Pirates should be returned to their former glory (Pirates can keep the stuff added in, but should bring back the stuff removed).

The Mexico movie should go back to being about Mexico, just with better films.

The stupid (and preachy) storyline on Kilimanjaro Safaris should be changed to information about the animals or the savannahs of Africa.

New scenes in The Great Movie Ride...get rid of all that Cagney crap. Keep the Wizard of Oz and film montages at the end.

I could live without the nap-time during Illuminations. Blow up that globe, that would be a good show!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter