What are you paying for your airfare?

We live in the middle of nowhere with no major airports nearby (closest is a 5-hour drive), so we always get fleeced.

We actually consider our $525 tickets this summer a good deal because we are doing a multi-city stop and going to Detroit for my Bro's wedding on the way home.

The direct flights to/from Orlando were actually MORE than the multi-city tickets. :eek: This is why we don't buy into DVC - our ability to get to Orlando is so dependent on the prices of those flights and who knows where that will go. We just can't take that risk.

We are flying out of Midway in Chicago Sept. 29 and returning Oct. 6th. The day airfare was released we booked round trip $246 per person. The best price thus far...now it is $310 round trip. Glad I booked when I did...we had to buy 11 tickets for our party going.

We are flying JetBlue out of EWR and are paying $658.80 for 3 of us. Bought them 2 weeks ago for May trip.

all RT, one person flying:

DCA-MCO March $248 (booked late)
DCA-MCO May $185
IAD-MCO July $185
DCA-MCO September $238 (all but $70 on credit)
DCA-MCO October $185

$821.60 for 4 people...
...June 16-23...
...AirTran from DTW to MCO, non-stop...
...booked back in November...
...same flights today are $1246.40...

We're flying out of Houston and paying $320 pp round trip, non-stop, Memorial weekend ($110 each way). I used airfarewatchdog.com, bing travel predictor, and Yapta to get those fares. It was the best I could do. I haven't seen anything lower--Yapta tracks so I can get a refund if the price goes down.

For the pp who is thinking of driving to Austin or Dallas for a cheaper flight. The drive to Disney is only 15 hours and you're looking at 5-6 just to get to Dallas. If you're willing to take that drive, why not drive the whole way? You wouldn't be saving anything in gas and airport parking fees anyhow. Or is there something I'm just missing?

We are flying out of Hartford on SW (first time with SW used Delta every trip before but they have done away with all non-stops) and we paid $200 round trip - first non-stop early am to MCO and last non-stop back. This isn't too bad since our non-stops on Delta last year were $180. Our original SW fare was higher but the prices went down and we got the credits for each of us and have used them for June when DH has a conference at the YC for a week.

Well because I am a DirectAir orphan:-)sick:) and our trip is in 6 weeks I am stalking airfare like it's my day job. I'm out 1600 (two sets of flights). I hope to see a CC refund but I am not going to hold my breath for it.
So.. the objective has become to find something around 1000 out of Buffalo or Rochester on our original dates. Forget Toronto..I'd have to sell a kidney for those flights.

I found flights with layovers for around 900-950 for the four of us out of Rochester but they all climbed a few hundred higher for the weekend. I'll be ready to book next week so hopefully they do a midweek drop. As of right now, flights with stops (lets not even discuss the non-stops) are about 1300 for four.

As for the summer flights for late August.. our dates are not set in stone on that trip so driving is most likely going to be the outcome.
We had rented DVC points for this trip and would lose money if we had to drive because it would cut into our vacation days.

Flying April 13-22. Booked way back out of Hartford, CT to MCO. AA on the way down for $99 and $124 back on Jet Blue. But, we are in VT and there are many airports that are closer including Burlington, VT; Albany, NY;Plattsburgh, NY; Lebanon and Manchsester, NH. We chose the 3 plus hour drive to make flying affordable. We always flew out of Burlington on Jet Blue exclusively. After the last April trip (spring break) when I booked day one and paid approximately $400 pp booking day one and the price only went up, I decided to expand my horizons.

BDL to MCO Southwest $109.00
MCO to BDL Jetblue $114.00 Both are nonstop the end of June and include all fees and taxes. We booked Jan. 10th. Both flights are much higher now. I hope that they both go down again. When I have flown in the fall, I always got the cheapest fares mid June for Sept. or Oct. travel. The best was $69.00 each way plus taxes.

We're flying out of Houston and paying $320 pp round trip, non-stop, Memorial weekend ($110 each way). I used airfarewatchdog.com, bing travel predictor, and Yapta to get those fares. It was the best I could do. I haven't seen anything lower--Yapta tracks so I can get a refund if the price goes down.

For the pp who is thinking of driving to Austin or Dallas for a cheaper flight. The drive to Disney is only 15 hours and you're looking at 5-6 just to get to Dallas. If you're willing to take that drive, why not drive the whole way? You wouldn't be saving anything in gas and airport parking fees anyhow. Or is there something I'm just missing?

It is only 189 miles to Dallas from my house and Austin is just as close. I can make both drives in less than 4 hours which is a whole lot less than 15. It's not bad to drive that few hours and then to get more time in the parks later.

Driving is horrible seeing as my son doesn't sleep in the car.... ever. And my husband falls asleep the second we start driving, so it is just me doing all the driving. I-10 is the most boring drive ever.

Last year we paid $226 RT out of Houston, right now the same ticket is $362. Needless to say, this family of 6 will be driving this year. No way will I put $2172 into airfare. It's over $800 more than last year. It's a no brainer to load up the car and head east to WDW!

Since we aren't going until November, I am still in the scouring and waiting stages. So far it looks like we will be driving to Austin or Dallas even though we live 20 minutes from IAH. SMH

Prices out of Austin will be about 250/person, Dallas is lower, but it's Spirit and with fares is about the same. We are hoping Houston opens up, but I don't see it happening.

I'm flying Spirit nonstop out of Dallas for both my May and Sept trips. Using a $50.00 off code they sent me, I got airfare for both trips for $143.53 r/t (not counting the luggage fees). I did the 90 day trial $9.00 Club Membership for $19.00 to get the discount on luggage. I plan to do carry on only for both trips, so will need to add $40.00 to those prices for r/t. Still even with luggage fees $183.53 still easily beats the over $400.00 that everyone else was charging for those dates. I'm still looking at airfare for my Oct/Nov trip and noticed that yesterday American has dropped their prices from over $450.00 to $260.00. Of course they charge $25.00 each way for a checked bag,:headache: but carry on is free. Spirit is $270.00 right now, but charge for both carry on and checked bags.:scared1: Southwest, Delta, Continental, and Frontier remain over $400.00. What's really bad is Frontier has a layover in Denver. Why the heck would I want to fly northwest from Dallas to Denver, just to turn around and fly southeast to get to Florida, when I could fly nonstop on American or Spirit for almost $200.00 less per ticket.:rotfl: Since Air Tran got pulled out of Dallas last Nov, decent airfare out of Dallas is getting hard to find, but if you look everyday, sometimes decent fares will pop up for a day or two (before they skyrocket back up to over $400.00 again). I'm thinking about booking the $260.00 American Airlines fares for our Oct/Nov trip. With free carry ons, my husband and I could easily share one checked bag, so that would bring the fare up to $285.00 per person for a nonstop flight with perfect times (first flight out and last flight back home). But that's still $122.00/person more than I'm paying for Spirit for both my May and Sept trips.

I booked at the beginning of Feb. for our trip in April and paid $320 each round trip, non stop from Buffalo. If I had booked the week before I would have saved $40 a ticket but we werent sure then if we were going :( I could have gotten cheaper flights if we decided on the 6am non stop but there was no way that was going to happen lol or of course we could have taken a flight with a layover. I am disabled so I really try to avoid changing planes. But, I think I may upgrade to the even more space seats ($30 more) because I'm not quite sure how my legs will handle 2.5 hours in a regular seat.

We are flying non-stop out of Harrisburg, PA to MCO on Airtran for $197 round trip. The flight times stink but the price was right. I will be sad when Airtran leaves Harrisburg and Allentown.

I'm flying Spirit nonstop out of Dallas for both my May and Sept trips. Using a $50.00 off code they sent me, I got airfare for both trips for $143.53 r/t (not counting the luggage fees). I did the 90 day trial $9.00 Club Membership for $19.00 to get the discount on luggage. I plan to do carry on only for both trips, so will need to add $40.00 to those prices for r/t. Still even with luggage fees $183.53 still easily beats the over $400.00 that everyone else was charging for those dates. I'm still looking at airfare for my Oct/Nov trip and noticed that yesterday American has dropped their prices from over $450.00 to $260.00. Of course they charge $25.00 each way for a checked bag,:headache: but carry on is free. Spirit is $270.00 right now, but charge for both carry on and checked bags.:scared1: Southwest, Delta, Continental, and Frontier remain over $400.00. What's really bad is Frontier has a layover in Denver. Why the heck would I want to fly northwest from Dallas to Denver, just to turn around and fly southeast to get to Florida, when I could fly nonstop on American or Spirit for almost $200.00 less per ticket.:rotfl: Since Air Tran got pulled out of Dallas last Nov, decent airfare out of Dallas is getting hard to find, but if you look everyday, sometimes decent fares will pop up for a day or two (before they skyrocket back up to over $400.00 again). I'm thinking about booking the $260.00 American Airlines fares for our Oct/Nov trip. With free carry ons, my husband and I could easily share one checked bag, so that would bring the fare up to $285.00 per person for a nonstop flight with perfect times (first flight out and last flight back home). But that's still $122.00/person more than I'm paying for Spirit for both my May and Sept trips.

How long ago did you get that sept price? Ive been looking for awhile now for End of August and Begining of Sept on Spirit and the prices have been ridiculous :wizard:I have the $9 airfare club and havent seen any nice rates.

I just booked for our Oct trip and paid $281 per person with Delta out of Detroit. They had good times, direct flights, and I was afraid to wait for a price drop. We fly out on a Saturday and return on a Sunday, early inon Saturday and a bit later out in Sunday so we can do a few hours in a park that day.

I'm happy with the price and thrilled with the times. Sure do miss those $59 each way trips!

In January we paid $558 RT total for all of our family of 5 +infant to fly from IAD-MCO. For our adult only trip at the beginning of May, I'm looking at $200 RT and that's on United. I could have gotten them for around $180 a few weeks ago on Jetblue, but I got greedy. Now it's $300 for the flight times we wanted on JetBlue. I don't know why I can't pull the trigger still. It's all mental and part of me refuses to face reality :headache:

These airfares are unreal! I've been checking Airtran and Southwest for a July trip from Milwaukee to Orlando. I was hoping fares may go down but everytime you turn on the news they are saying they will probaly keep rising due to gas prices. This morning some of the out going one way flights had gone from $154 to $483. I'm was getting nervous so I went ahead and booked at $308 r/t pp for my son and I. It's worth it, we always have such a good time at Disney!

RT from Manchester, NH for April 23-28, 6 tickets at $289.00 and 2 at $302.00 for a total of $2,341.00. purchased last summer. Now the same seats total $5888.00! JetBlue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter