What are you paying for your airfare?

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
I've always paid around $200 for round trip, nonstop from Milwaukee. This year the best price seems to be $309 during the summer. Airtran is the airline. How about you?

We are going to be there end of Aug through the beginning of September (8/28-9/9) and are flying out of Chicago. I have been hording the different airline websites in hopes that I can get a decent rate. I finally found 1-way tickets through United Airlines flying direct out of O'Hare at 6:30am and flying into MCO at 10:15am for $90 a ticket :cool1:. You can bet I snatched those babies up real fast and thankfully I did because the next day they went up to $155 a ticket. All I have to do now is keep hording the different airline websites in hopes to get decent prices for our return flight, but of course we are flying out on a Sunday so who knows what I will be paying, the good thing is we have some time before I have to really worry about it :goodvibes.

Since we aren't going until November, I am still in the scouring and waiting stages. So far it looks like we will be driving to Austin or Dallas even though we live 20 minutes from IAH. SMH

Prices out of Austin will be about 250/person, Dallas is lower, but it's Spirit and with fares is about the same. We are hoping Houston opens up, but I don't see it happening.

I've always paid around $200 for round trip, nonstop from Milwaukee. This year the best price seems to be $309 during the summer. Airtran is the airline. How about you?

I am in the Milwaukee area too and airfare just plain sucks. I told my husband that if the tickets drop to $125-130 pp each way I am going to buy. This is for September. If the prices don't drop we won't be going. It was just an adult trip for my birthday.

I think the days are long gone of the 'cheap' airfare. And it makes me sad.

Sarah

I was hoping to find the $90 airfare, to no avail. I would check Bing, Kayak, Travelocity, and Southwest on a daily basis. I really wanted to hold out for that $90 fare, but the outlook doesn't appear to be in my favor. I think $155 is the new $90. So, I went ahead and booked.

$120 each way from TN, awesome flight times, but with a layover in ATL both trips. I used kayak and booked when I got a price drop alert. Good thing to because the only flights available for $120 leave at 6:30 a.m---no thanks!!

I was hoping to find the $90 airfare, to no avail. I would check Bing, Kayak, Travelocity, and Southwest on a daily basis. I really wanted to hold out for that $90 fare, but the outlook doesn't appear to be in my favor. I think $155 is the new $90. So, I went ahead and booked.

It was a fluke when I found those tickets. I'd check each morning and a couple times after that during the day, and one morning I was just sitting around and decided to start checking the websites. We have never flown United before but thought why not check them out and sure enough I saw those tickets....I had to get out and redo it 3 times because I thought I was seeing things. I hear ya about the $155 being the new $90 because that is what it is looking like for our return flights. Have a wonderful trip, just think that headache is out of the way :goodvibes.

Roundtrip for 4 from Hartford, CT $998.40.. It seemed a little more expensive than I am used too, but I was more afraid of it going higher so I went ahead and booked. :scared:

Our dates are Sunday, August 26th to Sunday, September 2. We booked at $289 pp round trip (all taxes and fees inclued) from Syracuse NY via JetBlue. Both flights are non-stop, and JetBlue includes free seat selection, one free checked bag per person, and free snacks. A $15 credit from our NYE flight (my TV didn't work) lowered the cost to $284 pp., for a total of $853 for three people.

We booked mid-January, about 10 days after we returned from our New Years getaway. The same flights this morning are $1225, so prices have increased by over 30% since we purchased our tickets.

Our closest airport is Pearson International in Toronto. For kicks, I checked last night to see what Air Canada or Westjet would charge for direct flights on the same dates. The answer? A whopping $2104 Canadian. :sick:

Sunwing, a discount charter carrier out of YYZ, is $1466 (or $489 return per person) for our travel dates.

And people wonder why we make the trek to a US airport to fly?

Its almost 3 hours to Pearson with the Toronto traffic. In comparison, its about 3 hours to Syracuse (depending on border waits) and 95% of the drive is through the countryside. Add to the cost savings that we can clear customs at the border (saving us the hassle at the airport) and that the tiny Syracuse airport is a dream next to the monster facility at Pearson, and its a no-brainer.

If we had to pay the airfare costs from a Canadian airport, there would be no way we could afford this vacation.

:rolleyes: I think we paid $134 for SW non-stop out of MSY (New Orleans) to MCO in May. Same flights for Oct are now $152. Not bad, really, just waiting on tax return to book.

The lowest I've seen out of Manchester NH or Boston is $248 RT with 1 stop. So that's $1248 for my family of 5!

On our first family trip in 2000, we paid a grand total of $545 for nonstop flights for the entire family.....gotta love the "good 'ol days" of SWA's $49 one way flights!!

I booked in November for our October F & W vacation right as the fares opened. Historically, the fares of only gone up from there. I booked the 7 AM nonstop on Delta for $247/each for 3 and I got 1 reward ticket for miles. We have the 7 PM flight, non stop, coming home. So the schedule is right for us and the flights are non-stop.
DH and I just scheduled a long weekend trip for the F & G Festival in May. Those same flights were now $341/person. Other airlines are comparable. I wanted that schedule since it is just a 3 night long weekend.
So my October rates look good to me, and the history of fares going up stands.

Airfare out of Minneapolis has been horrible for our May and December trips to WDW and to Disneyland in October. Non stops are often cheaper which is great because I avoid layovers. I know I waited too long for the May (Memorial weekend) tickets-bought them yesterday (limited seats left on the flight I wanted) for $399 nonstop on Delta. I could have flown for $360 but that was the last flight out on arrival day and the first flight out of Orlando on departure day. I would rather pay the extra for the first flight down and the last flight out coming home.

I think last year I paid around $250-I always aim for under $300. Airtran, Delta and Sun Country all pricing the same until yesterday and then Sun Country jumped $60 and went to $380 plus luggage fees which made them more expensive that Delta's $399-I am sure the others will follow.

I snagged a frequent flyer for December since I am going solo and got that for 25,000 miles non stop and with great times-cash price was over $400. Still watching the October prices when we sail to Hawaii on the Wonder.

I only have to buy 2 tickets at these prices. Now I know why we could never afford these trips when my kids were little.

Normally fares are $129 each way on SWA out of Houston to Orlando. This year I haven't seen them go below $189 :guilty: Still waiting to book for November since they haven't released the end of that month yet, but I'm not confident that the fares will go down much. Ugh. Really questioning our budget for WDW this year. :scared:

We used points on SW but if we would have paid cash it would have been $331 per person R/T. There is no way I would be paying $1,300+ for my family of 4 to fly. We wee all ready to drive once again until the deal with SW & Chase came up. BTW, estimated driving costs would have been about $600 including lodging/food/gas - big difference!!!

We used to have great fares from PIT to MCO but that was before SW pushed US Airways out of the market. Sadly, now we have one non-stop each way and the fares have doubled (even tripled!)

We are flying out of Providence, RI (October 8th-14th). It came to $1158 round trip for a family of 4 on Southwest. It was cheaper than Boston!!!

Kirsten

We are going in June and flying out of Pittsburgh. We had the SW points, but if we had paid for them they would have been $244 each. One way is nonstop, the other has a short layover. Also, the fly dates are Weds. and that made a big difference with the price.

We fly out of DTW May 1st on Delta and we paid $200 rt per person, not to bad.

Airfare out of Minneapolis has been horrible for our May and December trips to WDW and to Disneyland in October. Non stops are often cheaper which is great because I avoid layovers. I know I waited too long for the May (Memorial weekend) tickets-bought them yesterday (limited seats left on the flight I wanted) for $399 nonstop on Delta. I could have flown for $360 but that was the last flight out on arrival day and the first flight out of Orlando on departure day. I would rather pay the extra for the first flight down and the last flight out coming home.

I think last year I paid around $250-I always aim for under $300. Airtran, Delta and Sun Country all pricing the same until yesterday and then Sun Country jumped $60 and went to $380 plus luggage fees which made them more expensive that Delta's $399-I am sure the others will follow.

I snagged a frequent flyer for December since I am going solo and got that for 25,000 miles non stop and with great times-cash price was over $400. Still watching the October prices when we sail to Hawaii on the Wonder.

I only have to buy 2 tickets at these prices. Now I know why we could never afford these trips when my kids were little.

My daughter goes to U of M. I just looked at flights, on Airtran, to bring her home for a few days in May. It would cost over $500. Just crazy! I've looked at flights for Orlando, too. She will need a flight in November and possibly September. I'm still tracking those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!