• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are you passionate about?

I just have to re-iterate the gay rights. These people are human beings, they should do whatever makes them happy. It has absolutely no affect on me if a gay person decides to be with the person they love/date the people that attract them/etc.

It infuriates me to no end when people say 'being gay is not right/natural'. SAYS WHO? I'm just so..ugh. I refuse to respect the opinions of people who think gay people are 'under' them somehow.

I might punch the next person who bashes gay people.

I am a cracker yes
but I think she is crazy
and I call all people crackers when I think there crazy
cracker is an offensive word twards white people
:confused:

The environment.

Gay rights. I don't really care about about the word marriage, call it civil unions. I think that is what a lot of people are angry about...marriage being used for gay unions and they claim it's a religious term.

I'm against abortions. I've gone back and forth on this issue but I've decided I only support it in cases of rape, incest, and when mother's life is in danger. I think it is often used as back up birth control. If you have sex you deal with the consequences. Have the morning after pill on hand in case something happens.

Animals
Thats EXACTLY how i feel.

People aren't going to stop using drugs just because they're illegal. Obviously, since they're illegal and a ton of the population is high all the time.

Do you know about Plan B. It's a 'morning after pill' but it won't help if you're already pregnant. It just prevents pregnancy. So are you against that?

i didn't know about that one.
im not sure how i feel about it. i think its good to have something to prevent fertilisation of the egg but i dont know how i feel about preventing the already fertilised egg from attaching to the uterus.

A lot of people can't get morning after pills cuz you have to be 18 to buy them.....my friend got denied them a week ago

ANWR. i will not compromise, and i will not settle for anything less than preserving it in its entirety.

abortions. i will not deny anyone's right to make a choice and i will not demand they make the same choice i would make.

birth control.
it should be available to everyone.

real sex education. no abstinence only. it doesn't work. our youth should be educated properly.

no child left behind.
it should be abolished.

social equality. (gblt rights/racism/disabilites)

welfare. should be a major priority in our government.

public education. college should be more available to everyone.

im against abortion. IMO its as bad as murder. i think the morning after pill is no different to abortion.
however, i think that abortion should be legal. everyone should be able to choose for themselves. if it was illegal, there would be more 'backyard abortions' which could put the mother's life at risk. its just safer to have it legal.

Morning after pill is just high dosage birth control pills. If you are already pregnant it will not do anything.

I've taken it before. I may have gotten pregnant without it.

If it was the abortion pill I wouldn't have taken it, I guarantee it.

im against abortion. IMO its as bad as murder. i think the morning after pill is no different to abortion.
however, i think that abortion should be legal. everyone should be able to choose for themselves. if it was illegal, there would be more 'backyard abortions' which could put the mother's life at risk. its just safer to have it legal.

when a man ejaculates into the ******l cavity, it fills with semen. the sperm and egg do not immediately join and do not immediately begin to reproduce cells. all that the morning after pill does is kill the sperm left in the ******, and washes the ******l walls/fallopian tubes out (preventing an egg from attaching to the wall)

if the sperm and egg do not join, how is it abortion?

by your logic, condoms are also abortion, because they prevent the sperm and egg from joining.

and i hate that the real anatomically correct term for female reproductive organs is censored. ****** is not a bad word, dis moderators.

A lot of people can't get morning after pills cuz you have to be 18 to buy them.....my friend got denied them a week ago

Go to planned parenthood instead. I went when I was under 18. They keep everything confidential.

when a man ejaculates into the ******l cavity, it fills with semen. the sperm and egg do not immediately join and do not immediately begin to reproduce cells. all that the morning after pill does is kill the sperm left in the ******, and washes the ******l walls/fallopian tubes out (preventing an egg from attaching to the wall)

if the sperm and egg do not join, how is it abortion?

by your logic, condoms are also abortion, because they prevent the sperm and egg from joining.

You described it more graphic than I did, but it gets the point across. :lmao:

I think people have misconceptions about plan b. My mom found the package to it and thought it was the abortion pill. I told her it wasn't but I don't know if she believed me. It really bothers me that she might think I've had an abortion when I just took birth control like she did when she was younger.

I just have to re-iterate the gay rights. These people are human beings, they should do whatever makes them happy. It has absolutely no affect on me if a gay person decides to be with the person they love/date the people that attract them/etc.

It infuriates me to no end when people say 'being gay is not right/natural'. SAYS WHO? I'm just so..ugh. I refuse to respect the opinions of people who think gay people are 'under' them somehow.

I might punch the next person who bashes gay people.

My friend is Catholic so she uses the Bible to back up her gay rights hate along with the not natural thing. I've explained to her so many times that it's been shown by scientists that parts of the brain in gays/lesbians is different than in a heterosexual person.

Some people just don't want to support it. It upsets me but there is nothing I can do to change their mind. I think it's better to live a life and be more accepting than to live one so concerned about who people sleep with.

I don't care what you believe, it's just when your beliefs infringe upon the rights of others that I get mad.

LGBT and the role and place of women.

I once heard this lady say that men were supposed to be above women. That they were made physically stronger than us because they were meant to be the providers while women were supposed to be the 'caregivers' of the house and family.

While that may have been the way it was a while ago, it is NOT the way it should be now. And I refuse to put myself 'below' men purely because they are physically stronger than me. Also, it's ridiculous how in EVERY SINGLE cleaning commercial, it is a women that's cleaning the house. Of course, because a husband can't clean, can he? He goes to work! He can't clean! And yet women now not only go to work (or a lot of them work, anyway), but the run the house, take care of the kids, clean, and cook. Why is it that some people STILL think that all of the house stuff is a women's job? I swear, when I do get married, I am NOT letting my husband just come home from work and watch tv. That's not fair and in my household the workload WILL be equal.

I shouldn't even have to live my life with the idea planted in my head that I HAVE to get married by a certain age or HAVE be a mother. I even got this letter a few days ago, sent to my sister and I, talking about how if we are planning to have a kid at any time in the future we should start taking prenatal vitamins now! :mad:

And then I heard this guy at my school, back when there was still a choice between Obama and Hillary as the Democratic candidate, saying that 'this country just isn't ready for a female president right now'. But if not now, then WHEN?

Sometimes...I really just wish that I could just smack some of these people upside the head. :sad2:

so do you think there shouldn't be housewives/stay at home moms?

You described it more graphic than I did, but it gets the point across. :lmao:

I think people have misconceptions about plan b. My mom found the package to it and thought it was the abortion pill. I told her it wasn't but I don't know if she believed me. It really bothers me that she might think I've had an abortion when I just took birth control like she did when she was younger.

sometimes graphically is the only thing that gets it across. ;)
i could draw a picture, but i think that might get me banned. lol.

sometimes graphically is the only thing that gets it across. ;)
i could draw a picture, but i think that might get me banned. lol.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed here. :lmao:

My friend is Catholic so she uses the Bible to back up her gay rights hate along with the not natural thing. I've explained to her so many times that it's been shown by scientists that parts of the brain in gays/lesbians is different than in a heterosexual person.

Some people just don't want to support it. It upsets me but there is nothing I can do to change their mind. I think it's better to live a life and be more accepting than to live one so concerned about who people sleep with.

I don't care what you believe, it's just when your beliefs infringe upon the rights of others that I get mad.
People use the bible to back up all kinds of unnecassary prejudices.

& I've always wondered, why the hell is ****** censored? It's a perfectly acceptable anatomically correct word. Is ***** censored too? I mean, sure there are some 'slangs' for the words that probably aren't so PG. But come on. That's like 'liver' or 'brain' being censored.

& I've always wondered, why the hell is ****** censored? It's a perfectly acceptable anatomically correct word. Is ***** censored too? I mean, sure there are some 'slangs' for the words that probably aren't so PG. But come on. That's like 'liver' or 'brain' being censored.

testicles isn't, but ***** is. i don't understand!

I've always wondered why they are censored too. They aren't bad words. Maybe if you're 8 and don't know when it's inappropriate to use the word but I think most people on this board can handle it. :confused3 They are body parts.

I'm very reserved about my own opinions, but I am very passionate about having both sides heard. I believe that anyone, even liberals, can be extremely ignorant. Telling people that their beliefs are stupid and irrelevant is extremely ignorant, and I've seen PLENTY of people (even on here) say something to that degree.

Haha, there WAS a cleaning commercial with a man! I think it was a paper towel commercial; he made a cake for his lady, and he had a puppy for her. I remember there was a really deep, seductive voice over, hahaha. I also remember the puppy got cake on his nose and it was like, "YOU BAD BOY" hahahahahaha.
Sorry. It was a funny commercial.

I believe abortions should be legal. While I would never get one due to personal beliefs, I think denying a woman the right to do what she wants with HER body is horrible. While I understand that it's against many people's religious beliefs to get an abortion, there are times when it is necessary (such as rape victims getting abortions).

not to sound like a pervert or anything, but this has got to be one of the most amusing pages on a thread that ive seen in a long time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter