• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are you passionate about?

DramaQueen

<font color=green>for the love of LEO!<br><marquee
so we're all a bunch of very intelligent teens here, we have some very heated discussions on political and hot topic issues, so i'm curious to know...what are YOU passionate about?

If there a political issue/stance that you would stand by no matter what?
Is there an issue that you jump to do school projects about or will debate in your classes or among friends until your throat is sore?

what is YOUR issue?

MY issue is LGBT rights. I will stand by that issue until the day that I die, I will debate YOU guys, my RL friends, my PARENTS about LGBT rights until I can debate no more. LOVE IS LOVE :hippie:

(not trying to start a political debate, but if it happens, hey--that's what this thread is really about. lol:goodvibes )

LGBT rights and abortion. I've debated you guys, my classmates, and my father on these issues.

~Pro-life.

~Christianity.

~The right of a hospital to withhold medical information from the general public, no matter who the patient is.

~Marijuana not being an acceptable drug for recreational purposes, however being an acceptable drug for medical purposes as long as the dosage is strictly enforced and the user is monitored for signs of addiction and illegal activities.

Yes, most of mine are medical. I have a few more but I don't want to post them because it would take a long time, and these are the biggest anyway. I've debated a lot of people about all this.

-LGBT rights, though not related I also stand up for people who "cross dress" as its a person's choice if they want to do it.

-Vivisection, I don't agree with it...though I've never had to really have a discussion about it, luckly.

-Paganism, weirdly I sometimes have to defend what own beliefs from people that when they hear I'm pagan will refer to me as satanist and it does annoy me that I have to explain this when the world (well my country) is meant to be openly free to anyone's religious beliefs.

-Everyone deserves to be treated the same, I've had a few arguments with friends about things because I don't think its right for people to judge someone because they are whatever...I could put more on but it would go nowhere except me ranting haha.

-lgbt rights.
-freedom of religion. it really irks me when theres that giant battle of "my religion is better than yours. nyar!"

lol and i "cross dress" all the time. XDD

Social equality. Basically, I think that humans are pretty much the same, no matter what sexual orientation/gender/race they are.

It gets to me more than anything when people are prejudice against those things.

Social equality. Basically, I think that humans are pretty much the same, no matter what sexual orientation/gender/race they are.

It gets to me more than anything when people are prejudice against those things.

:thumbsup2
And I'm really into pushing a focus on medical research, specifically putting more focus on little-known diseases.

Yeah LGBT for me too. I get severely angry when people discriminate against LGBT's.

LGBT rights.
- I've debated my RL friends and you guys on here. It's something I feel strongly about.

LGBT and the role and place of women.

I once heard this lady say that men were supposed to be above women. That they were made physically stronger than us because they were meant to be the providers while women were supposed to be the 'caregivers' of the house and family.

While that may have been the way it was a while ago, it is NOT the way it should be now. And I refuse to put myself 'below' men purely because they are physically stronger than me. Also, it's ridiculous how in EVERY SINGLE cleaning commercial, it is a women that's cleaning the house. Of course, because a husband can't clean, can he? He goes to work! He can't clean! And yet women now not only go to work (or a lot of them work, anyway), but the run the house, take care of the kids, clean, and cook. Why is it that some people STILL think that all of the house stuff is a women's job? I swear, when I do get married, I am NOT letting my husband just come home from work and watch tv. That's not fair and in my household the workload WILL be equal.

I shouldn't even have to live my life with the idea planted in my head that I HAVE to get married by a certain age or HAVE be a mother. I even got this letter a few days ago, sent to my sister and I, talking about how if we are planning to have a kid at any time in the future we should start taking prenatal vitamins now! :mad:

And then I heard this guy at my school, back when there was still a choice between Obama and Hillary as the Democratic candidate, saying that 'this country just isn't ready for a female president right now'. But if not now, then WHEN?

Sometimes...I really just wish that I could just smack some of these people upside the head. :sad2:

Social Equality for everyone.

Gay Marriage (I guess that's a part of S.E.).

Satanism and breaking the stereotype people have of it.

Censorship. It needs to end.

LGBT and women's rights I will never stop arguing for. I am so passionate about them... I could go on for days. People can be so close-minded about that.

-Pro-Life is my big one

And i'm sorry to say it but I'm strongly against gay marriage. Everyone has a right to be together but marriage is different.

I'll also fight for hours about how bad President Obama is

And i'll defend Sarah Palin and President George W. Bush untill I can't anymore

I also belive marijuna and other drugs like that should be illegal.

-Pro-Life is my big one

And i'm sorry to say it but I'm strongly against gay marriage. Everyone has a right to be together but marriage is different.

I'll also fight for hours about how bad President Obama is

And i'll defend Sarah Palin and President George W. Bush untill I can't anymore

I also belive marijuna and other drugs like that should be illegal.

:thumbsup2
I agree with everything you just said.

LGBT rights
abortion

abortion> LGBT rights.

i'm SO passionate about having abortion legal.
i've fought with a teacher before, he tried to TEACH my class that abortion was wrong (not allowed!)

i think abortion should be legal, but regulated.

LBGT rights
keeping abortion illegal in states
not voteing for that cracker Palin
working for Disney
enjoying my life as it is
enjoy being a teen.
my goals in life
not screwing my life up =]

Oh! And religious equality.

Like at my school, this jewish kids get made fun of.
Their "kidding" cause their friends with him but i get really mad.

When anyone gets in a fight with him, they say horrible things relating to his religion.

I never thought it was wierd to be jewish? Cause my best friend in my neiborhood growing up was jewish. It was just normal to me.

LBGT rights
keeping abortion illegal in states
not voteing for that cracker Palin
working for Disney
enjoying my life as it is
enjoy being a teen.
my goals in life
not screwing my life up =]

I dont like palin
but why did you say cracker?
you do realize YOUR a cracker too?

I am a cracker yes
but I think she is crazy
and I call all people crackers when I think there crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter