What are the weirdest complaints you have heard in WDW?

I hate to hear people say: "this is too much walking" honestly who goes to a theme park and expects NOT to walk. rent a scooter or book a cruise!
As crazy as this may sound... Thats one of the reasons I love Disney.
I LIKE the walking. I like how my body seems to know we are at Disney. I used to have problems with it, but after about the 10th trip, my body sort of reverts back to a "state of mind". Kinda hard to explain. AFTER a trip to WDW, walking for the rest of the week is much easier. If I ever actually won the lottery, we discussed moving to Orlando, and spending a day at WDW every other day, even if only a few hours a day. Yeah. I'd probably get sick of it, but after a good six months I'm sure I'd be a good 20-30 pounds less.

Just getting into the gates is a small workout. I actually enjoy the fitness end of it.

BUT I do have a few tips for newcomers to WDW that could help.
#1 SHOES!!! Shoes are EVERYTHING. We like Crocs (actual brand, NOT the imposters which often just aren't as comfortable.) Ditch the flip flops, boots, high heels, and never wear brand new shoes or hard flats. A good worn pair of New Balance or Reebok or a pair of Crocs and your set.

#2 WORK YOUR WAY UP!!! We have gotten in a habit of parking at the furthest spot in the parking lot when we go to grocery stores, Walmart, Costco, etc. We always talk it up through the parking lot of how we gotta get ready for the trip. We also use that few minutes of walk time to discuss a few "whats left to do before the next trip" thoughts. We also take the stairs whenever possible.

3) MOLESKIN: BRING IT!! Dont worry about forgetting Hydrocortisome. Disney sells a better brand (there IS a difference) and they sell it for LESS than Walmart, so not everything at WDW is overpriced!

4) Try to think of the walking your doing at Disney as a "fun exercise" rather than a bother. A lot of your problems are in your mind.

5) Forget the attraction order hopping. I will argue with ANY advisor that the best way to do Disney is to go right at the entrance and hit EVERY single attraction as you go. Do NOT jump ahead to a bigger attraction. If your closer to a little one, do it next. Think of it as "How can I hit every attraction in this park with the least walking?". If your very fit already, don't worry about it. Do what you want, but if walking is a concern, do what I just mentioned.

NOW, to keep it on topic... heres a few I posted at another thread.

Strange things you ONLY hear at WDW:

Mom! I'm tired of wearing my ears!!!

Hey! Did you see HER ears???

My ears are making my head sweat!!!

Look! They won ears!!!

"Are they wearing DOG ears???" (they sell Mickey ears for your dogs!!!:rotfl2: I've seen an entire group who had bought them and was wearing them. I wish i had taken a picture. It was that funny. Almost as funny as the 4 gay men we once saw running all over Epcot in Tinkerbell costumes! (complete with the wings and wands)

Every time we go to eat at Disney we request to not be seated next to childern but those durn CM's sit our children with us anyway.:confused3

This is one of the BEST threads ever .... SUBSCRIBE!

One of the more rude things I seen was at Epcot. A women approached a CM in the Japan pavilion and asked where to get Chinese food. The CM said, "Oh, this is Japan - China is ..." and pointed her in the right direction. The woman kinda huffed, tossed her head and said, "You people are all the same!"
:rotfl2: :rotfl:

My single favorite is still when people who are SWIMMING in the POOL, filled with WATER "rush out" when it starts raining.:lmao: :rotfl2: :happytv: I could understand if it were thundering, or the sky turned all stormy, but just a simple quick shower in the clear sky??? Hurry away!!! You might get WET!!!:rotfl:

I never cease to be amazed how some people react about a little water. Your at Disney. You're *probably* going to ride WET RIDES, your going to sit on wet seats, your going to walk through misters, walk by fountains, and heat is unbearable. Your going to SWEAT, and sweat is MOISTURE!!! Whats the big deal? I'd rather have the overspray from a child's spraymister or splash from a pool or drizzle than sweat.

I live in florida and I have seen many times... lightning can hit before you can hear any thunder before hand as a warning.

I live in florida and I have seen many times... lightning can hit before you can hear any thunder before hand as a warning.

I'd say the chances are about 1 in a million. Much more chance that you will get killed on your way to the mall in a car wreck.;)

My daughter is a CM at Disney and last night she was telling us this story of what a lady said to her. It was raining and thundering and lighting outside. They cancelled the parade. This lady walks up to my DD and asks her if this is all Disney's fault. Like Disney can controll the weather now , just so they can cancel a parade.:laughing:

Living near the ocean, I know the life guards call people out of the water if lightening is seen with in a certain X miles away. I would assume it's the same at a water park. We've been swimming in the rain before.

Ok, this isn't something that I overheard, but something I said.

My sister and I go to Disney often, she's nine. One of the "rules" we have is "no whining!". See, when you go with your sister, they tend not to listen and WHINE.

So, it's nearly 12:30 am and the end of the pirate and Princess Party. We had just gotten off the teacups, and told Jordyn it was time to go. We were with another family and their Jordan had picked the teacups. Suddenly, Jordyn decided to errupt in a fit of whines. "But HE picked that ride and I didn't ... and I want to go on some more rides! And I don't want to leave, we just nearly got here! And Juliette got to pick more rides than me ... you don't like me!" Whew ... I bout lost it ... so I looked at her calmly and said "Sorry, I can't hear you. Walt forgot to add whining to all the things you can do here. You know it's not in the rule book. Remember, there's no whining at Disney." and walked off, leaving her just standing there in all her preteen glory.

The dad next to us about died. He was laughing so hard! "Honey, did you hear that? There's no whining at Disney. She said there's a rule book, she actually told that little girl there is a rule book at Disney. Can you believe that?"

It's still funny to me ... just b/c that dad about died. Jordyn came up and said she was sorry, and we were off ... but seriously, there is no whining at Disney!

Oh I am so using this!:rotfl:

My mom and I were waiting for the bus to MGM a couple of years ago and next to us there was a woman sitting there from before we got there. She was talking on her cell phone and she began to complain that the bus to Universal was taking forever to come. We cringed and hoped she had confused it with MGM...When our bus finally came she asked our driver when the bus to Universal was coming and he had to explain that it wasn't a Disney resort and she got mad that they didn't have a bus that goes there...don't know if that counts as a complaint or not but it was certainly a bit cringeworthy.

Almost as funny as the 4 gay men we once saw running all over Epcot in Tinkerbell costumes! (complete with the wings and wands)
It was truly a sight to see! They were having so much fun with it. You couldn't help but laugh. Even the CMs were all laughing.:lmao: :rotfl2:

A few years ago my family & I were purchasing something at Team Mickey & somehow we started talking with the Cast Member about Disney Cruise Line. Anyway he went to on tell us that he heard a guest complaining that he & his family did not see any Mickey Mouse clouds like they would advertise in the commercials. When I heard that I could not stop laughing, because it was one of the funniest things I ever heard.

Anyway if I was wondering what are the weirdest complaints you have heard in WDW, by overhearing someone talking to a Cast Member or having someone tell you a story.

My only complaint ever was from this lady who I asked to be quite becuase she was busy translating to her son back in SPANISH while the show was going on because she was being loud and then the disney employees asked us to stay behind because they were upset. I told them to tell them to learn english and you can translate during the middle of a show that me and my kids were trying to enjoy and we went off to enjoy the next show. Common politeness should be recognized not to talk during a show and then to yell at disney employees to try to ruin our day was horrible.

My only complaint ever was from this lady who I asked to be quite becuase she was busy translating to her son back in SPANISH while the show was going on because she was being loud and then the disney employees asked us to stay behind because they were upset. I told them to tell them to learn english and you can translate during the middle of a show that me and my kids were trying to enjoy and we went off to enjoy the next show. Common politeness should be recognized not to talk during a show and then to yell at disney employees to try to ruin our day was horrible.

WOW - that is crazy!!

Here is one happened to me as a CM on a very very crowded day....

35 y/o Male with 10 y/o son, 12 y/o daughter, and wife..

Comes to the fast pass lane
"Can we come in"
"Do you have a fast pass"
"No"
"You can wait in the standby line or get a fastpass for a later show"
"It's my son's birthday"
"Happy Birthday"
"Can we come in because it's his birthday"
"No Sorry"
"But we came all the way from North Carolina (not sure but somewhere not that far away)"
"Sorry sir you can get a fast pass and come back later"
"We are vip and were given fast passes for all the rides"
"Oh... Can I see them please"
Man shows me a Magical Moments certificate for A ride in a different park (AK) and a the free Goofy Disney Vacation Button
"Sorry sir these aren't fast passes"
"But the other people have been letting us go to the front of all the lines and giving us free stuff"
"I'm sorry sir. I cannot let you in the fast pass line without a fast pass"
"You can. You just won't"
"No I Can't"
"Whatever guys lets get out of here"

Ugh... I was kinda glad he was so rediculous because it made me laugh a bit instead of getting super angry.....

He was having this conversation with me in front of about 30 guest who had been waiting in the standby lane for 20+ minutes...

We may have been the cause of some complaining one time. :rolleyes1

We were heading into Fantasmic on New Years Eve and they were passing out black top hats and, of all things, KAZOOS!! Well, what do you think an extended family with 3 kids was going to do for the next 45 minutes?!!

Well, we were very silly and had lots of fun. Sorry to everyone who was around us! :flower3:

Seriously, why would they put those in our hands nearly an hour before a show??!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter