What are the "must-not do's" at WDW? (unDisney like)

Oh, and I thought of a new one. Don't answer your cell phone in the middle of the street and slow way down! Someone did this at the zoo on my last visit and I almost ran her over. . .

Speaking of cellphones,,,if you must have it with you, at least keep it on "vibrate" mode.

Speaking of cellphones,,,if you must have it with you, at least keep it on "vibrate" mode.

And, in WDW, there is so much noise that you very well might not hear it ring anyway! DH and I kept ours on vibrate all the time, just so we would know someone was calling (usually each other, trying to figure out where we needed to meet!).

Alas I have not been to WDW, despite my aunt, uncle, and cousins living in the Daytona Beach area and Orlando.

And I'm not debating, just noticing the disconnect with the table-saving concept.

The problem is you're never going to get 100% of the people doing something at one time. If *everyone* snagged a table as others in their party got in line, it would be OK. If *everyone* waited to get a table until their entire party had their food, it would be OK. I'm sure there would still be some people left to wander, searching, but everyone at tables would be eating or finishing, and so people would be in the same boat.

But if a few people having an open discussion on the Dis can't come to ONE agreed-upon way of doing things, there's no way the uncommunicative masses having lunch at the same time are going to come to one decision on how to do things. :)

So, and boy oh boy do I HATE saying this sort of thing (despite being a see-er of all sides, I usually have very strong opinions and believe the world should bend to my well-thought-out will), I think this is one time that the different sides will just have to agree to disagree, and to not glare too much at those doing the opposite of what we would do. :cool2:

Oh my gosh this reminds me of incident between my mom and an abusive mother at disney. While my mom was in a bathroom at AK, she heard a little boy screaming crying and and the sound of someone smaking him in the stall next to her. She heard a woman screaming and cursing at the boy. My mom, (being a concerned mother) got out of her stall, kicked down the door of the womans stall, and told her that she better stop beating her child, and that she was calling security. The woman went on screaming at my mom that it was OK to beat her child because she brought him out of the publics eye, and that because she was beating him with a shoe and NOT her hand, that it was ok. She also said that IT WAS IN THE BIBLE. Anyway, she called security, and I dont know what became of the woman.....​
My question, how can you do something like this is the happiest place on earth? This poor little boy, trying to have fun at disney.... its sad​

The problem is that people sometimes use the Bible in ways that it wasn't intended, or take things out of context. It does mention in Proverbs, more than once, about "spare the rod, spoil the child" but if you do a little research, the point they are making is that if you don't discipline your children, they will grow up unruly and spoiled. It doesn't give you a license to beat them. Although I don't see anything wrong with an occasional spanking (there are a lot of other effective ways to discipline a child), there's a big difference between that and the beating this poster was talking about. Sounds like that whole family needed a time out!

Since this is a "don't" thread, I would have to say don't interfere directly in situations like this. Notify a cast member if you see something going on that shouldn't be and let them deal with it. Sometimes you could be putting yourself or your family in danger by interfering with someone who's angry to this extent, and they probably won't listen to you anyway. Let the professionals handle it.

Not sure if this has been covered, but if you're going to WDW end of April, beginning of May DO NOT assume everyone wearing lime green is a DISer.

Our first day of our week long trip, I'm seeing lime green shirts and hats all over the place. So I do the little thing with the eyes and the fingers -- the Focker "I'm watching you" thing. No one is doing it back. Instead, I'm just getting all sorts of really strange looks. I did it maybe a dozen or so times to different people.

Folks, lime green is evidently really popular for school groups -- as is bright orange and red. But when you see one or two folks in a lime green hat or shirt -- separated from the rest of their group of 30 -- well, I thought they were DIS people :confused3

Thankfully I realized everyone I was seeing in lime green were tour groups by the end of the first day.

Don't get on any water themed ride--Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, Catastrophy Canyon--and complain when you get wet.

Don't do something rude when you are having your ride picture taken. I know on Splash the whole picture gets washed away. Some of us do like to get ride pictures, so don't ruin it please!

Don't throw your trash in the general vicinity of the garbage cans. Take the time to put it in the container.

Don't make a mess in the bathrooms and not clean it up. And please, don't forget to flush!

As far as attractions, I would say don't bother doing:

Stich's Great Escape
El Rio Tempo (unless the new one is open)
Finding Nemo the Musical

As far as other things:

Don't expect people who have been waiting for hours on a curb at the parks to squeeze over 5 minutes before a parade is to start. Also, please don't just plop yourself and your family in the street, then expect those on the curb to move backwards to accomodate you.

Don't talk during shows or on attractions.

If you have a screaming child/infant, please don't ignore it. Take the child outside.

Thank you!!

I second the parade tips,:mad: they are a must not do!! that is my pet peeve. Also :rotfl2: at some of these posts. The kid peeing in the line at BTMRR :eek: unbelievable. Also it is not that hard to throw your trash away after eating is it?

I completely agree with the post about letting the pregnant lady or parents with infants sit down on the bus! I can't believe how often I've seen a struggling parent on a crowded bus and no one gets up! Sad really! SHARE THE MAGIC!!! ;)

I completely agree with the post about letting the pregnant lady or parents with infants sit down on the bus! I can't believe how often I've seen a struggling parent on a crowded bus and no one gets up! Sad really! SHARE THE MAGIC!!! ;)

I agree with that too! Also, Elderly people should be given seats too. We are all going to be old someday and we would appreciate the kindness of those who are young and able enough to stand.

Our Top Must-Not-Do's at Walt Disney World:

1) We must not mention our jobs
2) We must not be ungracious to those around us - CMs and fellow guests included.
3) We must not be afraid of trying something new, whether it's food or an attraction -- even if we think we might not like it.
4) We must not ignore our bodies. Eat when hungry, rest when tired.

DO NOT make fun of other guests...this is mostly for the pre-teens that run around without parents and make loud jokes about anyone that is not like them....we can hear what you are saying and it is not nice!

Do not allow your kids to play their horns or whistles or other noise makers in a crowded like, it drives others nuts!

DO not play with the line chains or dividers...if you undo one and not put it back the lines get all confusing!

Please move out of a crowded area if you need to belch or pass gas, no one (except maybe you) want to smell your odors!

Please use deoderant, please please please!

Do not push people when you are getting on and off of rides, monorails or buses.

Do not fight, with your family or other guests.

Please get your screaming or crying kid out of line or off the ride, do not ruin everyone elses experience

Keep it kid friendly, no swearing.

Please keep your shoes on, it is so gross to see people walking around barefoot!

Do not huff and puff when the buses are trying to load or unload someone in a wheelchair...I bet they wish they could walk on board just like you.

Do not huff and puff when the buses are trying to load or unload someone in a wheelchair...I bet they wish the could walk on board just like you.

Thank you so much MickeyNicki for saying this. My dbf is in a motorized wheelchair. It is true we do get on the bus first, because he has to have room to manuver the wheelchair into place and the bus driver needs room to strap the wheelchair in. They allow me in after him so we are not separated. We are usually loaded first, but are last to get off the bus.

We have received stares and glares by being loaded first. One person was complaining loudly, I turned around, smiled sweetly and said "if he could walk he would happily wait in line, since he can't we have to do things this way". We don't let others ruin our magical time. :goodvibes

DON'T ASK FOR A STRAW AT ANIMAL KINGDOM!!! They are not safe for animals, so you will not find them at the park!

p.s. if you use juice boxes, please throw them straws away :thumbsup2

This rule always seemed kind of random to me...Surely there are other forms of plastic trash that are just as dangerous....Maybe I'm completely wrong, but it seems to me that if straws are dangerous to leave about - all trash is bad to leave about.

On 3D glasses. I always return them but....I was once with a two year old child at one of the 3D theaters. She did not understand why she couldn't keep the glasses she had been given. She was crying, and a CM intervened and was like, "Please, let her keep them." So this would be an exception.

Please move out of a crowded area if you need to belch or pass gas, no one (except maybe you) want to smell your odors!

But if you do on accident is it okay to blame your DH? :rolleyes1

While here I will apologize to those that are looking for a table and I am resting (waiting) with DD at a table while DH is in line getting the food. :scared: (Personally I think it is better than having the tired little one that is gettting cranky because they are tired and hungry standing in a crowded line.) I have done it and will most likely do it again. Although we often wait until the food is ordered. That way DH dosen't mess it up. :sad2: If it is a long line DD and I ussually make a quick bathroom trip, then rejoin to order. We especially did this a lot with the stroller. I would go to a back table where we were not in the way and leave her in there.

Don't undress your 7 year old daughter at the pool down to her bare behind, all the while yelling at her that you need Valium just to deal with her and complaining about everything, including your BFF that just happened to meet Jon Bon Jovi, (again!) and the Fed ex guy that is going to show up at your house with said daughter's $3800 pageant dress and no one is there to sign for it, but it really doesn't matter anyway because the daughter that you made bare her butt to the resort needs to lose 5 pounds just for the pageant.

On second thought, it was wildly entertaining, thanks.:sad2:

Really, please watch what you do and say...other's are watching you.

J.

Thank you so much MickeyNicki for saying this. My dbf is in a motorized wheelchair. It is true we do get on the bus first, because he has to have room to manuver the wheelchair into place and the bus driver needs room to strap the wheelchair in. They allow me in after him so we are not separated. We are usually loaded first, but are last to get off the bus.

We have received stares and glares by being loaded first. One person was complaining loudly, I turned around, smiled sweetly and said "if he could walk he would happily wait in line, since he can't we have to do things this way". We don't let others ruin our magical time. :goodvibes

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter